Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chain was brand new after i cut, sharpened it twice since i was cutting dirty wood. Im just gonna buy a few and keep some spares.....

Dirty wood is always a challange for sure for both chains and filters. Keeping some spares along is a good idea.

Be carefull with aftermarket filters though, some seem to fit better then others. Some do not fit and seal on the outside edge very well.

I think Calvin had some OEM filters.

ok so this saw is flooding out!!! what could be the causes of this? and on top of it whoever the dude was that owned the saw before cut a notch in the plastic recoil gear and tied a washer on the end of it ????? of course after repeated pulls it pops out over and over again???? I suppose i need to see if i can find one!!!!i think i have one... and throw that one like a frisbee!!!!! anyways what would cause flooding like this????low screw out to far??? its out about 1 and 1/8 of a turn?grrrr i cant beleive this guy did that to the recoil gear!!!!! you have to tear the whole saw apart every time i need to fix this properly first i can see that or the saw is going to grow wings!!! will take a pic of what this dude did it makes it easy to redo it but if ya pull it to fast pop out it goes???? will be checking what ya all have to say about the flooding issue I need to get on turkey dinner to wifes gonna love the smell of gas on the bird!!!!:blob2:

I'd check metering lever in carb to see if metering needle is stuck up or possibly set too high. This will cause flooding.

Dirty wood is always a challange for sure for both chains and filters. Keeping some spares along is a good idea.

Be carefull with aftermarket filters though, some seem to fit better then others. Some do not fit and seal on the outside edge very well.

I think Calvin had some OEM filters.

Thanks again, hopefully when i get the duckbill, fuel filter, and filters ill be good to go.

ok so this saw is flooding out!!! what could be the causes of this? and on top of it whoever the dude was that owned the saw before cut a notch in the plastic recoil gear and tied a washer on the end of it ????? of course after repeated pulls it pops out over and over again???? I suppose i need to see if i can find one!!!!i think i have one... and throw that one like a frisbee!!!!! anyways what would cause flooding like this????low screw out to far??? its out about 1 and 1/8 of a turn?grrrr i cant beleive this guy did that to the recoil gear!!!!! you have to tear the whole saw apart every time i need to fix this properly first i can see that or the saw is going to grow wings!!! will take a pic of what this dude did it makes it easy to redo it but if ya pull it to fast pop out it goes???? will be checking what ya all have to say about the flooding issue I need to get on turkey dinner to wifes gonna love the smell of gas on the bird!!!!:blob2:

As someone else had said pull the carb and check the metering lever. Just use a stright edge across the body and the lever should just touch it without any movement. If you didn't do a carb kit, now would be a good time to do so. What model carb do you have, a WA or WT??

If you clog up that filter in 30 mins, you need to sharpen your chains!

I can cut for hours an not plug one up on a 3700.

Like Greg says, it dont' hurt to dust that filter off now and again and when fueling, thats a good time.

:agree2:

I agree, BIL plugged up my 70E in one session by cutting with a dull chain. If you always keep a sharp chain big chips don't clog!

:cheers:

As someone else had said pull the carb and check the metering lever. Just use a stright edge across the body and the lever should just touch it without any movement. If you didn't do a carb kit, now would be a good time to do so. What model carb do you have, a WA or WT??

looks like a carb off of a super da its a tilston numbr 2? i just cleand it the diaprhams looked new thing is last week it was running good when it would fire now its flooding of course the recoil poping off every15 pulls dont help i just fixed that this is how it was i found a new used gear and tied a knot and burned it hope it holds???

long read

I have been reading through this whole thread....I am to like page 30, I am tired.

its a long read!!!! it took me awhile ......and i go back over stuff pics that are on there of the saws torn apart so i can see how stuff was done. pics work for me ive never been a read the directions kinda guy have fun its a good read!

looks like a carb off of a super da its a tilston numbr 2? i just cleand it the diaprhams looked new thing is last week it was running good when it would fire now its flooding of course the recoil poping off every15 pulls dont help i just fixed that this is how it was i found a new used gear and tied a knot and burned it hope it holds???

Looks like it's time for a rebuild the right way...

maybe

Looks like it's time for a rebuild the right way...

yea not today i need to get washed up and cooking!!!! think i will put the correct carb on it see what one it takes later i might try a for sure working carb slap it on and see what it does outta curiosity... and regardless i will pull this carb aprt and see if the metering lever is bent up thanks the replys fellas!Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

When you find some duckbill valves esp. with the nipple let me know. I can use a few.

Bob, I got this from Poulan, Ordertree.com I got it for my 5200, but I think they are the same for all. Should have got a bunch of them, but didn't have a pic of what I was getting, so wasn't sure it would be right.:dizzy:

100_0108-1.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

Last edited:
I wonder if Steve will be driving over there this morning to pick it up???

Mike

If you're talking about me, Mike, don't think I didn't consider it. Morganton is only about 2 hours away. But that $500 bill made it seem a lot farther. LOL I have a problem spending that much on a saw where the parts are so rare. I like to at least be able to get a parts saw to back it up.

yea not today i need to get washed up and cooking!!!! think i will put the correct carb on it see what one it takes later i might try a for sure working carb slap it on and see what it does outta curiosity... and regardless i will pull this carb aprt and see if the metering lever is bent up thanks the replys fellas!Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Should be a Walbro WT3 or WT20.

cool

Should be a Walbro WT3 or WT20.

thanks steve that gives me a starting point for sure i may have one on the parts saw i pulled the gear from see if the numbers match up!!!! The Turkey is in the oven so im not allowed to play with chainsaws till later !!! or so i have been told!!!

thanks steve that gives me a starting point for sure i may have one on the parts saw i pulled the gear from see if the numbers match up!!!! The Turkey is in the oven so im not allowed to play with chainsaws till later !!! or so i have been told!!!

Just clear a spot on the counter by the oven so you can watch it closely...:rockn:

Latest posts

Back