Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Stephen. Those were the good ol' days. That was a saw Possum picked up for me in a pawn shop, cheap. That ship sailed. Now he grabs up every one he can find for himself since he's found out what good saws they are. That's the paradox of talking about the Poulan's. The more we talk the higher the prices get and the scarcer they are to find. :rolleyes:

Ain't that the truth Steve. I have pretty much resigned myself to just the green saws, and maybe the yellow saws.:) I have a hard time comming up with them, let alone all the Poulan clone saws out there.
:cheers:
Gregg,

Ain't that the truth Steve. I have pretty much resigned myself to just the green saws, and maybe the yellow saws.:) I have a hard time comming up with them, let alone all the Poulan clone saws out there.
Gregg,

I heard that. I've been trying to get some of the rebadged ones like Dayton, Skil, Wizard, Craftsman, etc. Then some guy from France pops up on here recently and starts talking about one that was sold only there apparently. Guess that would be a good collector's saw, eh? :dizzy:

I heard that. I've been trying to get some of the rebadged ones like Dayton, Skil, Wizard, Craftsman, etc. Then some guy from France pops up on here recently and starts talking about one that was sold only there apparently. Guess that would be a good collector's saw, eh? :dizzy:

Yep to me it would be a prize. I was tickeled to get the Aldens, Gambles and Ridgid saws.

Yes, I saw that saw. I'm sure it would be an interesting addition to Poulan collector. I just see a long road ahead with no end in sight looking for the re-badged brands. But, I wouldn't pass up a red 5200 like Mike recently acquired, LOL, It never ends.
Gregg,

I am not sure but I think it came out about the same time. A friend of mine had a super xl when I bought my 4200. I used his saw but he wouldn't touch mine. He was a homelite guy all the way. What a freakin idiot. There was no comparison. The 4200 would cut twice as fast and not put your hands to sleep. I could fill my truck with a full cord and a half of red oak on a tank and a half of fuel. That saw worked me to death. My little saws required 4 or 5 breaks for oil and fuel. The 4.2 Craftsman just demanded more wood!

I recently got a Poulan 4200 that has 180 lbs of compression...I am going to die a happy man...:hmm3grin2orange:
Are you being serious, a full cord and half on a tank and half of fuel? I cut today and had to fill up twice and i only got about 1/4 of a cord before i quit.....

Noticed the airfilter on my 3700 was basically clogged after 30mins of use can i put something better on it? I think it needs a new one anyways........

Noticed the airfilter on my 3700 was basically clogged after 30mins of use can i put something better on it? I think it needs a new one anyways........

I carry a soft bristled brush in with my cuttin tool box. Easy to take filter off and clean it every time I refuel. Then later at the shop when I do some maintenance, I use air. The 4000 style stays cleaner, but it wont fit under the 3400, 3700 style covers. And, the 4000 style covers seem to be non-existant, unless ya buy the whole saw.:mad:
Gregg,

If you clog up that filter in 30 mins, you need to sharpen your chains!

I can cut for hours an not plug one up on a 3700.

Like Greg says, it dont' hurt to dust that filter off now and again and when fueling, thats a good time.

I ran CB Farmalls 6000 at Sean's GTG and it was AWESOME!!!
And yes I couldn't find ANYTHING not to love about it except parts availability!!!

Mike

Yes it was awesome when it ran. :hmm3grin2orange:

Just kidding some as I just think it needed a little carb work from sitting. I have ran that saw before and there pretty tough.

If you clog up that filter in 30 mins, you need to sharpen your chains!

I can cut for hours an not plug one up on a 3700.

Like Greg says, it dont' hurt to dust that filter off now and again and when fueling, thats a good time.
Chain was brand new after i cut, sharpened it twice since i was cutting dirty wood. Im just gonna buy a few and keep some spares.....

poulan 2000

ok so this saw is flooding out!!! what could be the causes of this? and on top of it whoever the dude was that owned the saw before cut a notch in the plastic recoil gear and tied a washer on the end of it ????? of course after repeated pulls it pops out over and over again???? I suppose i need to see if i can find one!!!!i think i have one... and throw that one like a frisbee!!!!! anyways what would cause flooding like this????low screw out to far??? its out about 1 and 1/8 of a turn?grrrr i cant beleive this guy did that to the recoil gear!!!!! you have to tear the whole saw apart every time i need to fix this properly first i can see that or the saw is going to grow wings!!! will take a pic of what this dude did it makes it easy to redo it but if ya pull it to fast pop out it goes???? will be checking what ya all have to say about the flooding issue I need to get on turkey dinner to wifes gonna love the smell of gas on the bird!!!!:blob2:

Back