Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well lets see how my first turkey turns out, hopefully better then my first poulan hahaha.

Guys i still cant figure the darn handle out is this how the spring goes? Very confused i worked on it for a few hours still couldnt figure it out.....

DSCN2078.jpg

Let me see if this works.

Yep it did, this picture explains it better then me trying to tell ya.

I searched all over for one of those. Is that in the service manual? There is some on ebay going for $10 bucks, i should pick one up!

uggggg!

LMAO well i thought i found it... and when i down loaded it it was the operators manual?????? not the service one some one when i first joined posted the srvc manual to the 25sda and the homelite super xls.... those have been so good at showing you what to do i was struggling with how to run the fuel lines on the sda and now its a piece of cake!!!like cutting a severe angle on the line or heating the end up all great lil tricks that i used to cuss and struggle with!!!!

Should be a Walbro WT3 or WT20.

thanks steve that gives me a starting point for sure i may have one on the parts saw i pulled the gear from see if the numbers match up!!!! The Turkey is in the oven so im not allowed to play with chainsaws till later !!! or so i have been told!!!

Yes if it's a 2000 then a WT3 which would be near the end, and then the WT20 started. If it's older like 1978 and down I'd say a WA19 which is very close to a Tilly HU.

Yes if it's a 2000 then a WT3 which would be near the end, and then the WT20 started. If it's older like 1978 and down I'd say a WA19 which is very close to a Tilly HU.

so the tilston would be ok to use no issues????

I searched all over for one of those. Is that in the service manual? There is some on ebay going for $10 bucks, i should pick one up!

No you don't need to do that.

thats killer man!!!! so mark ya have a link for the poulan 2000????? manual?

Maybe....... .

Mark,

You holding out on us? Have a 5400 manual in there somewhere?

You guys know that theres a beg for manuals thread here don't you?

I used to participate in it but I don't have the time for the constant PM's involved and I'm not smart enough or have enough ambition to bother with online storage and links etc for some of those files that are bigger then some peoples inboxs allow.

If you guys PM me a request and your email address I'll see if I can help you out.

I hate even mentioning it here as I will get a ton of request coming now.

I shouldnt even mention that I just scanned a rare original Poulan XXV owners manual today should I?

hmmmm

No you don't need to do that.

Maybe....... .

You guys know that theres a beg for manuals thread here don't you?

I used to participate in it but I don't have the time for the constant PM's involved and I'm not smart enough or have enough ambition to bother with online storage and links etc for some of those files that are bigger then some peoples inboxs allow.

If you guys PM me a request and your email address I'll see if I can help you out.

I hate even mentioning it here as I will get a ton of request coming now.

I shouldnt even mention that I just scanned a rare original Poulan XXV owners manual today should I?

so in the beg for manuals do they have them there i will check it out i have not read that thread yet... so there is a difference in the owners manual and srvc one right? the owners thats like the one you get when you buy the saw and the srvs one is a one the guys at poulan srvs centers would have to work on them??? am i right or wrong?an yes you should post it it would be cool to read what they looked like back then

happy thanksgiving!

To all all the poulan guys! Hope you all enjoyed the day. I got up early, took the new pup for a walk. Nice being out early in the cold air. Then i did some work on my shop. At this point it was only 8:15am. Next i Finished up one kinda cool Poulan project and started another. Im a superstitious person and I wont post picks of a refurbed, rebuilt or completed saw until I have run it. I wanted to post pics of my latest project but I ran out of fuel filters in the size I needed and the parts shop was closed. So hopefully run and gun tomorrow with pics.

Just realized i only have one guide plate for the bar, its the inside one. Ive looked around but couldnt find any on ebay, and chainsawr.

So any of you fellow poulan guys have one or a set i can buy?

Poulan 361 Bow Saw

I have a building full of old Poulan 361's, 245's, Dayton 2Z462 & 2Z463's! Any ideas where I can find some ORIGINAL Poulan Paint?

i take it back!

looks like a carb off of a super da its a tilston numbr 2? i just cleand it the diaprhams looked new thing is last week it was running good when it would fire now its flooding of course the recoil poping off every15 pulls dont help i just fixed that this is how it was i found a new used gear and tied a knot and burned it hope it holds???

Ok since i got the pdf srvc manual... i see i was wrong some saws have a slot cut into it ...while the washer was not right it woulda worked with the button that goes in there.... and if i knew that info ... but i found one that just had a hole and made it work! Thanks mark now I will know the proper way to do things on this saw and know what parts it takes!!!!and maybe not be so fast to bad mouth the other dudes ideas... i still like my knot better the washe kept poping out???? the srv manual rocks how cool!!!

Latest posts

Back