Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great pic

Funny you mention another Poulan lovers GTG. Little Possum was just asking me about that, if we were gonna have another one.:) I would be more than happy to host GTG#2 LOL. I think we will aim for another in the spring sometime. Little early to try setting a date yet. Probably May or June. Sure did enjoy the first one!!:)

PoulanGTGgroup.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

cool pic so how about ya put some name tags to it so we who are new here can put a face with the handle????

From left to right

Marco-Banacanin
Nik- Fatguy
Sheila- Kysawsheila...my lovely wife
Lannie- OhioGreggs brother
Mike-rms61moparman
Lori- OhioGreggs sister
Gregg- OhioGregg
Mike- Super3
Mark- ModifiedMark
Bradley- ms460woodchucks son
Steve- 67 Mustang
John- ms460woodchuck

Mike

From left to right

Marco-Banacanin
Nik- Fatguy
Sheila- Kysawsheila...my lovely wife
Lannie- OhioGreggs brother
Mike-rms61moparman
Lori- OhioGreggs sister
Gregg- OhioGregg
Mike- Super3
Mark- ModifiedMark
Bradley- ms460woodchucks son
Steve- 67 Mustang
John- ms460woodchuck

Mike

Nice job slick, now name all the saws left to right. :bringit::hmm3grin2orange:

I got the same problem, I NEVER traded or sold a saw. I just have the buying part of this disease.:D

A number of years ago I sold several of my guns, a Ruger RedHawk, M77, Red Label O/U 12 ga. shotgun, and an M1 Garand. Had a WOMAN at the time, and thought I needed the money. Well, years later now, I no longer have either, I sure do miss those guns.:cry:

Gregg,

I hear ya there. :ices_rofl:

Can't rep ya for that but I'll catch ya later.

Well let's see there is;

Steves 7700
My 4200
My PP365
Steve's 375 Farm Pro
Greggs 245
John's 361 Dayton
?'s -3.7 Craftsman
A pair of Greggs 4000s
My "Big Orange" 3400
Marks (?) S25DA
My ugly Bastard 3400 junk
Greggs PP 380
Marco's 3.4 CraftsmanMy 4200
A Dayton 306
A 4000 (Gregg?) with a MM modified muffler
my PPS25
Greggs 3400 copy of the "Ugly Bastard"
Marks 5200
My 4000 with the Forester bar
A 3700
Sheila's PP205
Marks 245 Bow
Marks PP325
Andre's Skil 3400
A 306 Dayton in back
Another 3700
Marks PP475
Marks 71A
Greggs PPS25
:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::cheers:

Mike

Last edited:
wow

Well let's see there is;

Steves 7700
My 4200
My PP365
Steve's 375 Farm Pro
Greggs 245
John's 361 Dayton
?'s -3.7 Craftsman
A pair og Greggs 4000s
My "Big Orange" 3400
Marks (?) S25DA
Greggs PP 380
A Dayton 306
my PPS25
Marks 5200
A 3700
Sheila's PP205
Marks 245 Bow
Marks PP325
Andre's Skil 3400
A 306 Dayton in back
Another 3700
Marks PP475
Marks 71A
Greggs PPS25

Mike
thats a mouthfull ... the pps25 that like a poulan 2000 in yellow right? or no?

ok

No!

The PP205 is like the 2000 in yellow
The PPS25 is the regular S25DA in yellow

Mike

ok so is it the older poulan 25? or does it have a plastic handle like the 2000 i think i saw a pic of one that looked like the 25da but had a plastic handle in black trying to remember where i saw the pic???

Well let's see there is;

Steves 7700
My 4200
My PP365
Steve's 375 Farm Pro
Greggs 245
John's 361 Dayton
?'s -3.7 Craftsman
A pair of Greggs 4000s
My "Big Orange" 3400
Marks (?) S25DA
Greggs PP 380
A Dayton 306
my PPS25
Marks 5200
A 3700
Sheila's PP205
Marks 245 Bow
Marks PP325
Andre's Skil 3400
A 306 Dayton in back
Another 3700
Marks PP475
Marks 71A
Greggs PPS25

Mike

Now slick (Mark), what you gonna send him for a prize! :hmm3grin2orange: Gotcha!

Good job, Mike!

LOL, Geeeez Mike , you did real good with saw ID.:rock: Lot better than I coulda done. One that ya did get wrong, I didn't have the 245 yet..LOL It was up in the garage, just arrived that morning, via Steve.:D
Gregg,

ok so is it the older poulan 25? or does it have a plastic handle like the 2000 i think i saw a pic of one that looked like the 25da but had a plastic handle in black trying to remember where i saw the pic???

Heres a not so good pic of that saw, its a S25DA, just Poulan Pro colors.:)
All of mine are S25DA's, the one on far right is CVA version. All of them are metal handled.
Gregg,

All of mine are S25DA's, the one on far right is CVA version. All of them are metal handled.

S25DA001.jpg

Gregg,

Maybe im ignorant but what would you do with such a tiny little saw?

The S25DA's have been around for years. Probably been a million of them and their variants sold. These are 38cc top handle light weight saws. And will cut a lot of wood.:clap: They are great limbing & brush saws. I just prefer larger saws, but they are dandys..
Gregg,

Lol

Maybe im ignorant but what would you do with such a tiny little saw?

Well in ohio gregs pic ya see the lil rings... ya clip it to your belt when you climb into a tree to trim it ... i have a echo i use to climb great saw the 25da walks all over it.... but it is a few pounds more u can use it to climb limb etc we dont cut alot of wood for winter here but i bet those lil saws would work for that in a pinch just my opinion ... its the same cc as an 009l....

Well in ohio gregs pic ya see the lil rings... ya clip it to your belt when you climb into a tree to trim it ... i have a echo i use to climb great saw the 25da walks all over it.... but it is a few pounds more u can use it to climb limb etc we dont cut alot of wood for winter here but i bet those lil saws would work for that in a pinch just my opinion ... its the same cc as an 009l....
I see the rings and i know what a top handle saw is as well. Just figured the older ones dont hold a candle to the new top handles.

great pic

S25DA001.jpg

Gregg,

thats a great pic dude!!! i had not seen the pps25 yet!!! wow that anti vibe all the way to the right looks real nice... I would love to use one of those !!!! ok im curious whats the latest version of the 25da thats a 38 cc???? is it that yellow poulan pro s25da? it has a toggle so its 38 cc what if you could find one of that last ones thay made is that it?and are they as good quality wise as the first ones out??? like the 2nd one from the left?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back