Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i never

I see the rings and i know what a top handle saw is as well. Just figured the older ones dont hold a candle to the new top handles.

well i dont own a 200t so i cant say to that i own 2 echos and 2 009ls i love them but these lil saws scream ya would have to ask some one else if they can out cut the new huskys or the 200ts or the new echos ... i dont cut trees full time on the side for years along with lawns after i got off my normal job id love to find a brand new outta the box 25sda LOL

well i dont own a 200t so i cant say to that i own 2 echos and 2 009ls i love them but these lil saws scream ya would have to ask some one else if they can out cut the new huskys or the 200ts or the new echos ... i dont cut trees full time on the side for years along with lawns after i got off my normal job id love to find a brand new outta the box 25sda LOL

Well i guess im just underestimating the mighty poulan again. LOL

I see the rings and i know what a top handle saw is as well. Just figured the older ones dont hold a candle to the new top handles.

600$+ Stihl vs a Poulan that will get the job done- and can be had for way under 200$.

Make do with what you have sometimes. IDK why we still have a mini mac after seeing 67s top handle Poulans.

Hey just bought a Poulan 25DA off ebay for $100 shipped, never used in brand new condition. Saw was bought new in the mid 70s and never used as stated in the ad. Wow can't wait, it's like getting an NOS saw.

no way!!!

Hey just bought a Poulan 25DA off ebay for $100 shipped, never used in brand new condition. Saw was bought new in the mid 70s and never used as stated in the ad. Wow can't wait, it's like getting an NOS saw.

wanna sell it??? LOL dude take pics !!!ami not looking at ebay the right way cause i did not see it?is it a da or super25 da? was it green?or yellow? I cant wait post the ebay pic i dont see how i missed that!!!

no way!!!!!!!!

Dude i just found it??? how did i miss that did he have a buy it now???? only one bid you got the case too!!!!! dame its a brand new saw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your da man if you got that saw dude!!!! im excited i was just saying it when i should been at eby!!!!!:deadhorse: i have never ever seen one that clean its new!!!

omg

it must popped up while i was in here 75 buy it now holy crap!!!!thats gotta be a once in a lifetime deal i was blabering about right when he bought it!!!!:deadhorse::monkey::cry:

thats a great pic dude!!! i had not seen the pps25 yet!!! wow that anti vibe all the way to the right looks real nice... I would love to use one of those !!!! ok im curious whats the latest version of the 25da thats a 38 cc???? is it that yellow poulan pro s25da? it has a toggle so its 38 cc what if you could find one of that last ones thay made is that it?and are they as good quality wise as the first ones out??? like the 2nd one from the left?

As far as I know, the PP S25DA is the last of them. But, I'm no expert on these saws. They might have changed the model numbers in later years, I don't know.

All 4 in that picture are equal in quality as far as I can tell. The only noticeable difference on the Poulan Pro version, is the bar/clutch cover is longer, and covers the muffler also. Where on the others, the muffler is exposed. Joe & Mark know the S25's a lot better than I do.:bowdown:
:cheers:
Gregg,

Ok guys i went to the dealer today didnt have duckbill valves but i talked to the guy and he said a vent would work from an echo. I got it and the right size fuel line came home put it all together seems to run great now. But, when it idles the clutch makes a screeching sound occasionally is that normal? Seems to cut fine and the clutch looks ok as well.

Ok guys i went to the dealer today didnt have duckbill valves but i talked to the guy and he said a vent would work from an echo. I got it and the right size fuel line came home put it all together seems to run great now. But, when it idles the clutch makes a screeching sound occasionally is that normal? Seems to cut fine and the clutch looks ok as well.

Well, A screeching sound never is good when moving parts are concerned, in my opinion.:confused: Only a guess here, but is the sprocket bearing got any grease on it? I normally put a dab of wheel bearing grease on mine and work it in when I replace a sprocket, or have it off for some reason.

I just got another 4000. Tore it apart the other day. The sprocket was New, but when ya turned it, it wobbled.:( Upon removing it, found the bearing was TOTALLY gone. was just a little piece of the bearing cage left. Thats what I would look at.
Gregg,

Well, A screeching sound never is good when moving parts are concerned, in my opinion.:confused: Only a guess here, but is the sprocket bearing got any grease on it? I normally put a dab of wheel bearing grease on mine and work it in when I replace a sprocket, or have it off for some reason.

I just got another 4000. Tore it apart the other day. The sprocket was New, but when ya turned it, it wobbled.:( Upon removing it, found the bearing was TOTALLY gone. was just a little piece of the bearing cage left. Thats what I would look at.
Gregg,

You know i dont think it had any on it. Ill go grease it! Thanks!

wow

dave 76 got a saw of a lifetime last nite i went to ebay typed in poulan chainsaw had it do completed auctions and boom there she was!!!!Brand spanking new 35 year old saw and a case!!!

Here's the pics from the ebay ad. He emailed today to let me know he'd dropped it off at UPS and that he recieved almost 10 emails last night about the saw and couldn't believe it drew so much interest in the first few hours of the auction. Now I have to try and explain to my wife why I need a 15th chainsaw.....:popcorn:

SuperXXV1.jpg

SuperXXV2.jpg

SuperXXV3.jpg

SuperXXV4.jpg

SuperXXV5.jpg

Poulan Pro S25AV

Here's a couple of pics of my PPS25AV. Does have antivibe. I believe it is most likely the last of this line of saws made.

attachment.php

Note that the clutch cover is plastic and this one has discolored with age. Everything else is metal.

attachment.php

Here's the pics from the ebay ad. He emailed today to let me know he'd dropped it off at UPS and that he recieved almost 10 emails last night about the saw and couldn't believe it drew so much interest in the first few hours of the auction. Now I have to try and explain to my wife why I need a 15th chainsaw.....:popcorn:

SuperXXV1.jpg

SuperXXV2.jpg

SuperXXV3.jpg

SuperXXV4.jpg

SuperXXV5.jpg

Dave I can help you out just sell it to me my wife thinks im nuts anyways!!!!!

Dave, that saw is beautiful. Hard to believe even. Now, what are you going to do with it? Ya going to run it? I would expect it to maybe need some work if you do. Myself, I doubt I would run it since I have others.

I do have a S25CVA that is used but looks almost that good :rock:

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back