Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott, I probably posted wanting a 24" or 28" Homelite bar. The Homelite mount bars will go right on the Poulans with a spacer on the bar studs and they use the same drivelink counts.

Calvin, I don't know, I had someone do it for me.

Mark, Do you know if those old Homelite bars will fit on a McCulloch 700 or 10-10? My 700 now has a Stihl bar which someone else put on it to sell and it isn't the right bar, fits real loose. I think I know where I can get one off a Homelite cheap. I'm not sure what model the Homelite bar came from but it's over 20 years old and in good shape.

That bar is the old poulan number. It has been superceded by 952044561 -which is no longer available. Looking at the Poulan Pro ipl's - that bar is used on a PP330, PP365, and a PP380. It may be used on other saws as I didn't go through every PP saw ipl.

Thanks Ray, I kinda figured it would, but just needed some more opinions.
All the numbers I find in IPL & manual for the 380 or the 3750 all end in 700's.

:cheers:
Gregg,

Just wanted to post a few pics of my favorite and most used saw! I want to thank Mark BIG time for the muffler. It sounds great! havn't cut with it since adding it, or the new Speed Tip bar. Those are getting hard to find it seems, for these model saws. I was lucky, and had one of the S-clips for it.

I added a black shroud, I had a green one on it before, and a chain catcher support bar with paint on it..LOL Made a couple decals for it also.
This saw started out life as 3400 parts saw. I think I have it completely changed over to all 4000 parts now.

Picture002.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Gregg,

Mark, Do you know if those old Homelite bars will fit on a McCulloch 700 or 10-10? My 700 now has a Stihl bar which someone else put on it to sell and it isn't the right bar, fits real loose. I think I know where I can get one off a Homelite cheap. I'm not sure what model the Homelite bar came from but it's over 20 years old and in good shape.

240RNDD176 fit the mac 10-10 and the 700 Mark i happen to have oem homelite bars 16 18 20 24

Those bar supports are supposed to be green? LOL
attachment.php

Dang I knew something didn't look right.

Seriously that saw looks good. Glad to see a green one. :clap:

I don't know what that muffler will do on the 4000 but I know that it kicked my 3700 the hell out of bed when it woke it up.

I have some of the replacement Windsor bar spacers that work on those bars also. I found they will also work on the large Husky mount bars but there snug.

Seems like the big Husky bars like one less drive link the they normally take. I put a 28" on the 5200 and the 93 link chain will take up quite a bit of the adjustment, and 92 would be just right.

240RNDD176 fit the mac 10-10 and the 700 Mark i happen to have oem homelite bars 16 18 20 24

Well I aint looking to pay a premium just because they say Homelite on them but I would be interested in a 24" or even a 28".
D176 would be even better but the D196 is fine also.

Palmer, the Homelite bar will fit the Mac, but the slot will be too large as the Homlite uses 3/8's studs and your Mac 5/16

Well I aint looking to pay a premium just because they say Homelite on them but I would be interested in a 24" or even a 28".

Palmer, the Homelite bar will fit the Mac, but the slot will be too large as the Homlite uses 3/8's studs and your Mac 5/16

That's the problem I'm having with the Stihl bar. I might try the Homelite bar with maybe some spacers around the studs. I'm assuming that bar I saw is a Homelite, hope I'm wrong and it's a Mac...that would be nice.

Thats interesting to hear Mark, about the large Husky bars working on the Poulan mount, with the spacers. Seeing that I have several of them, a 24" & 28" on my 385xp.
The 28" might be pushing it some on a 4000, thats the largest Poulan I currently own. But, I use a 24" on my other 4000, and that seems to be about perfect on it. So, the 28" would be an interesting thing to try sometime.

Gregg,

Just wanted to post a few pics of my favorite and most used saw! I want to thank Mark BIG time for the muffler. It sounds great! havn't cut with it since adding it, or the new Speed Tip bar. Those are getting hard to find it seems, for these model saws. I was lucky, and had one of the S-clips for it.

I added a black shroud, I had a green one on it before, and a chain catcher support bar with paint on it..LOL Made a couple decals for it also.
This saw started out life as 3400 parts saw. I think I have it completely changed over to all 4000 parts now.

Picture002.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Gregg,

Gregg,
That came out awesome!!! How big is that bar? Im going to paint the hood of my 3400 black along with the clutch cover. Nice work:clap:

$ 25.00 for a bar hard nose tip is not bad price is it ? 24 " one that is

Gregg,
That came out awesome!!! How big is that bar? Im going to paint the hood of my 3400 black along with the clutch cover. Nice work

Joe, Thats a 20" bar.Part# 20UXL50STA, I was lookin at that pic, and it must be an illusion, looks smaller..LOL They seem to balance well with the 20", but a 24" works just fine also.

Gregg,

Last edited:

Picture002.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Gregg,

Hey, I think that is the bar I put on Ebay! Looks good to me on that saw. I bought it for a McCulloch but it wasn't quite right. Glad to see the D007 mount was right for that beast you have there. :cheers:

Thanks Brian,
I wasn't sure on the D007 mount, but I knew the part # was what I wanted..LOL
I gotta say also, That was one heck of a packaging job ya did on that bar!!
Took me awhile to get into it! LOL It wasn't gonna get damaged, thats for sure.

Gregg,

Thanks Brian,
I wasn't sure on the D007 mount, but I knew the part # was what I wanted..LOL
I gotta say also, That was one heck of a packaging job ya did on that bar!!
Took me awhile to get into it! LOL It wasn't gonna get damaged, thats for sure.

Gregg,

Ah a D007 mount! That is a Pioneer mount that is very close to the Homelite mount, same slot and the adjuster and oiler holes are pretty much the same.

The main difference on the larger ones anyway is they use a different DL count.

So not surprised to see the "S" spring spacer work properly for this.

Ah a D007 mount! That is a Pioneer mount that is very close to the Homelite mount, same slot and the adjuster and oiler holes are pretty much the same.

The main difference on the larger ones anyway is they use a different DL count.

So not surprised to see the "S" spring spacer work properly for this.

I had found a web site that was a dealer for Windsor bars. Name escapes me now :dizzy: They had a listing for the Poulans that all use the D176 mount.
UXL50STA is what they call for, but I never ran across one until I found this one on Ebay.
Thanks to Brian it appears. :clap:

I havn't seen the S-clips though, guess they probably don't make those anymore. I had one that was on my 3700 when I got it. So that worked out well.

I suppose if ya find the right thickness material, ya can make bushings for one though.

Gregg,

Just to be perfectly clear on the mount pattern. When I bought the bar it was in theory crossed over to a D176 mount which is what my ProMac 650 needed. When I got it, it was not a D176 (slots were way to wide). SO I started digging in all of the Oregon mount pattern scans that the factory rep has sent me and decided it was almost identical to the D007 which is obsolete. Anyway the mount said is was for Poulans so that is how I listed it. If interested here is the scan that helped me figure this out.

Just to be perfectly clear on the mount pattern. When I bought the bar it was in theory crossed over to a D176 mount which is what my ProMac 650 needed. When I got it, it was not a D176 (slots were way to wide). SO I started digging in all of the Oregon mount pattern scans that the factory rep has sent me and decided it was almost identical to the D007 which is obsolete. Anyway the mount said is was for Poulans so that is how I listed it. If interested here is the scan that helped me figure this out.

Mark knows more about this stuff than I ever will. But I'm guessing that if you had one of those S-clips or the bushing type that Mark has spoken of, I'll bet it would have worked on your Mac.

Those clips take up the difference in the slot demensions on the saws with the smaller dia. studs.

Gregg,

If the clip is about .020 shim stock bent like an "S" I bet you are right. The D007 would have worked then. I would have had to grind a tiny bit out of the top of the tensioner slot because the PM650 oils through that slot and doesn't use the oiler hole but that would have been minor. I contemplated using it but then I decided I would rather get it to someone that needed the D007 since it was obsolete and just bite the bullet and buy a D176 mount.

If the clip is about .020 shim stock bent like an "S" I bet you are right. The D007 would have worked then. I would have had to grind a tiny bit out of the top of the tensioner slot because the PM650 oils through that slot and doesn't use the oiler hole but that would have been minor. I contemplated using it but then I decided I would rather get it to someone that needed the D007 since it was obsolete and just bite the bullet and buy a D176 mount.

I'll go out and take a couple pics of the thing, so some that may not know what were talking about or seen one. Pics are worth a thousand words in my book..LOL

Gregg,

Latest posts

Back