Nobody from nowhere.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donkpow

Reaction score
Just fiddling around, I've got a Stihl 020 AVP on the bench. Somebody's brother "borrowed" it until it couldn't be "borrowed" any more. He brought it back with the exclamation, "It's too expensive to fix." I still have a fence line to clear and I am too old and frail for hand tools. 🥴

Thanks, fellows. Actually, I went ahead and scrapped it. There's just too many things that need fixed or replaced. I rebuilt the kill switch wire just to confirm no spark. After an hour or so of that, I found out that wasn't the problem. I tested the coil, it was good, so that leaves the electronic ignition module. I think the oil pump has lost its vigor. The winder dogs have worn away pieces of the flywheel. The chain drive cog has a slot the width of a dime in it. Plus it needs a new chain and bar. Too much. We're not blood relatives. :)

Thanks, fellows. Actually, I went ahead and scrapped it. There's just too many things that need fixed or replaced. I rebuilt the kill switch wire just to confirm no spark. After an hour or so of that, I found out that wasn't the problem. I tested the coil, it was good, so that leaves the electronic ignition module. I think the oil pump has lost its vigor. The winder dogs have worn away pieces of the flywheel. The chain drive cog has a slot the width of a dime in it. Plus it needs a new chain and bar. Too much. We're not blood relatives. :)
Is it gone for good or could you send me pics of it? I might be interested in paying shipping to me.

I got a 020t it's a brilliant little saw and used often. Power for size is really good and spares seem easy to get in uk.
I would never lend a saw, that brother of whoever ows you a good saw my friend. Tell him time is up your need is greater than his. If people cant be bothered to buy their own therebis now way will they look after someone else's saw. Just give it back when it dont work. You live and learn

Back