Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian,Sorry! I did not post the picture soon enough.I guess it's a little late for that now.The key that I had fell right out after the flywheel popped off.Some of the Gurus could tell you what to do with the stuck key.
Lawrence

Don't even worry about it. I have pulled many old Scorpion flywheels but that was 20 yrs ago. I am inclined to just smack the life out of the key but I will wait (for awhile).

I use a small flat screwdriver the width of the key or a bit smaller. I sharpen the edge like a chisel. Then try to get under the key by tapping on the screwdriver with a hammer. They usually pot right out then. Good luck.

dancan

That's a good one Dan!Hope you can find him,he sure hasn't been hanging around here lately.Will have to put out an APB for him!
Lawrence

howdy boys,
my cutting buddy and i are each restoring a couple of iel RAs and after extensive research, we have found a supplier for new rings....
HASTINGS PART # 8207 CAN BE ORDERED DIRECTLY FROM HASTINGS.
thought you all might like to know...
i will post pics when its finished...
:cheers:

Last edited:
That's a good one Dan!Hope you can find him,he sure hasn't been hanging around here lately.Will have to put out an APB for him!
Lawrence

I dropped off the saws , Jerry suffered the same problem I had this weekend , a dead computer (I had a back-up) but he'll be back online soon .

:cheers:

I was going to say that he retired from the AS :hmm3grin2orange: and let you guys wait till he came back .

P25 Play by play redux

I am probably driving all of you crazy with the pics of my extremely homely P25 that I am taking apart to restore but until I hear uncle I will keep going (and I will probably keep going anyway :) ).

Do the points look right? The part that touches the shaft is at a pretty big angle and it seems like it should be down below the lip on the shaft with continuous contact. I am documenting what I see with photos so when it goes back together I can get it right. Seems weird that only the very corner would be touching the shaft.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Brian, did that saw run? If so, how? Those points are definitely not right. When you took the plastic points cover off, did the points move up on the shaft? There should be a little c-clip holding that cover down and also holding the points in place. Also, is the pressed in shaft that hold the points pressed in all the way and straight? You need to get them lowered back into their groove.

Brian, did that saw run? If so, how? Those points are definitely not right. When you took the plastic points cover off, did the points move up on the shaft? There should be a little c-clip holding that cover down and also holding the points in place. Also, is the pressed in shaft that hold the points pressed in all the way and straight? You need to get them lowered back into their groove.

I seriously doubt it ran. My wife picked it up for $1 at a garage sale for me :heart: so I thought I would restore it for the learning experience. There was a little C-clip holding the plastic cover on a little pin. The pin is definitely NOT straight...

If you pull hard on that pin, it will come out. It's splined and pressed in. Either you can straighten it or replace it. It may have been wrecked removing the flywheel, if the puller bolts went too deep. What does the plastic cover look like?

Once I got the right :censored: bolts (12-24) :buttkick: flywheel popped right off. You can see below I didn't do the point cover any favors however. Question now is what is the best way to get the key out of the shaft? I tried tapping it with a screw driver to no avail but didn't wail on it. I would think it should just pop out but apparently the "wet storage" method used on this saw isn't helping.

attachment.php

Here is the point cover...

I was at a guys shop today and he had an old Pioneer saw on the shelf..I think it said 6-10 automatic on it...I think I could pick it up cheap or even trade some labor for it and a couple of other saws...Is it really a 103cc saw?...It looked like maybe a 60cc saw and wasn't that heavy for what it was...

Too busy saw shopping, to come over and visit huh. LOL Yes the 6-10 is a 103cc saw. I don't know much about the older ones, but a few guys on this thread sure do. Pioneerguy600 really knows a lot on these saws. I think hes having computer problems though.

Too busy saw shopping, to come over and visit huh. LOL Yes the 6-10 is a 103cc saw. I don't know much about the older ones, but a few guys on this thread sure do. Pioneerguy600 really knows a lot on these saws. I think hes having computer problems though.

Sorry, I really wanted to come up...The family first thing kinda kicked in..It was a book fair and open house for my oldest...He is in kindergarden and would have been mad if I would have missed it...

And no it was on my lunch hour that I stopped by and talked to him...

Back