Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all I got the 750 i was looking at all there except fuel glass bowl has spark now and then I guess dirty points? Ive flushed it out with some mix and it pulls over ok, Were these a common saw?

Picked up another RA today, much better shape then the last one. Whoo hoo, I'm excited, I think I'll just clean this one up, needs the fuel system gone through, really stinky old gas, guy said it hasn't been run the last 2 years.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Picked up another RA today, much better shape then the last one. Whoo hoo, I'm excited, I think I'll just clean this one up, needs the fuel system gone through, really stinky old gas, guy said it hasn't been run the last 2 years.

Looks good Will, a good cleanup and some new fuel and it will likely make a nice runner.
Pioneerguy600

Looks good Will, a good cleanup and some new fuel and it will likely make a nice runner.
Pioneerguy600

Ya, I'm hoping, it needs a new fuel line and filter in the tank, the gas was so old, the line is disintegrated, I'm hoping the tank cleans out ok, I put some fresh gas in there to clean it a little, I guess I should also go through the carb as well, any tips on doing the line and filter? I'm guessing I have to take off the fuel bowl? What about gaskets for the bowl?

Ya, I'm hoping, it needs a new fuel line and filter in the tank, the gas was so old, the line is disintegrated, I'm hoping the tank cleans out ok, I put some fresh gas in there to clean it a little, I guess I should also go through the carb as well, any tips on doing the line and filter? I'm guessing I have to take off the fuel bowl? What about gaskets for the bowl?

Yes, just take the fuel bowl base off, the gasket is easy to make a new one, the picup line plugs on the bottom , filter in the tank can just be a regular chainsaw filter but make sure it is for a 100 cc plus saw as the RA and 600 draw a lot of fuel. There is a small white filter needed for the fuel bowl also, check the line between the carb and fuel bowl closely, make sure both ends fit tightly. The Tillotson HL is an easy carb to rebuild, keep us posted on how its going.
Pioneerguy600

Yes, just take the fuel bowl base off, the gasket is easy to make a new one, the picup line plugs on the bottom , filter in the tank can just be a regular chainsaw filter but make sure it is for a 100 cc plus saw as the RA and 600 draw a lot of fuel. There is a small white filter needed for the fuel bowl also, check the line between the carb and fuel bowl closely, make sure both ends fit tightly. The Tillotson HL is an easy carb to rebuild, keep us posted on how its going.
Pioneerguy600

Where do I get the small white filter in the bowl, there is just a piece of foam in there right now?

Well, got it taken apart somewhat, not going to break it all down. Gave it a good clean, needs a carb kit, the diaphragm is really stiff, I think it'll break if I bend it, it's that stiff. Tank is cleaning up ok, got some solvent in it now soaking. So need to go get some fuel line and filter, and make a gasket for the bowl, is paper gasket ok for this?

Jerry, your PM box is full.

I'm looking for some carb kits, I might as well order a few of them for the HL's, locally they quoted me $30 a kit, that's a little too steep! Do you order them someplace?

Will,
I bought a carb kit for $10 from the same person that sold me my RA parts saws. He said he was paying that for them at Laser Sales and had a few extra. I haven't installed it yet but it's made by Oregon for a Tillotson and replaces DG3HL. Oregon p/n is 49-813.
I have an extra fuel filter if you need it. Maybe a NOS gasket or two as well.

Will,
I bought a carb kit for $10 from the same person that sold me my RA parts saws. He said he was paying that for them at Laser Sales and had a few extra. I haven't installed it yet but it's made by Oregon for a Tillotson and replaces DG3HL. Oregon p/n is 49-813.
I have an extra fuel filter if you need it. Maybe a NOS gasket or two as well.

Hey, thanks. The repair kit I need is the RK 88HL, that does everything. Or you can just get the gasket kit. Which filter do you have? The one for the fuel bowl? That's the one I need.

Hey guys, the old fella I get parts etc. from all the time asked me if I could maybe find him some P-series starter parts. I've never worked on the starter on one of those yet (my P41 just... works) so I'm not exactly sure what he needs; sounds like the pawl unit itself, which by his description sounds almost like the single-pawl starter system on some of the Tecumseh 4-strokes? Hope I'm making at least a bit of sense here. Anyway he said he isn't really stuck for one for a specific project, just that he's robbed two or three of them off of saws in his collection (he said one was a P28) to fix saws for other people over the last couple years, and would like to try to re-complete them. I seem to remember something about these starter parts getting hard to find, but I'm not sure, I might be thinking about something else. Any thoughts?

Hey guys, the old fella I get parts etc. from all the time asked me if I could maybe find him some P-series starter parts. I've never worked on the starter on one of those yet (my P41 just... works) so I'm not exactly sure what he needs; sounds like the pawl unit itself, which by his description sounds almost like the single-pawl starter system on some of the Tecumseh 4-strokes? Hope I'm making at least a bit of sense here. Anyway he said he isn't really stuck for one for a specific project, just that he's robbed two or three of them off of saws in his collection (he said one was a P28) to fix saws for other people over the last couple years, and would like to try to re-complete them. I seem to remember something about these starter parts getting hard to find, but I'm not sure, I might be thinking about something else. Any thoughts?

I have a bunch of small p series...1074,p25, p26, p28 stuff. If this is what he needs let me know.:cheers:

Back