Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Got this today....$50. Cool old hardnose bar. I LIKE IT.

Last edited:
I think it's more correct to say "I've partially figured out this picture thing." You posted the links but missed a couple of steps to post the pics.

You mean you can't see them, just the link? They are coming up here...?

You mean you can't see them, just the link? They are coming up here...?

I just saw 2 links, clicked on them and saw the pics. There's a sticky somewhere on how to post pics. I found out that it doesn't always work depending on how upgraded your computer is. Oddly enough mine wouldn't work right after an upgrade!

Yeah i read the sticky bout 4000 times, and it took me about 7 tries to get it where they would come up by themselves. I know i did it wrong a few times and they wouldn't ....but i fixed my mistake finally, AFAIK.

Don't know whats wrong now....:censored::censored::censored::censored:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I opened them for ya Chris. Nice looking saw! Very clean, I like the hard nose bar also. You got it for a fantastic price.

Yeah i read the sticky bout 4000 times, and it took me about 7 tries to get it where they would come up by themselves. I know i did it wrong a few times and they wouldn't ....but i fixed my mistake finally, AFAIK.

Don't know whats wrong now....:censored::censored::censored::censored:

Did you do the "Copy location" then go up to the little mountain and click on it and then paste?

Guess its time Possums Saw shop ventures over to the Pioneer thread.

Anybody have a 600A, how do they run?

Hi Jerry!

Hi LP, welcome to Pioneer heaven, couurse I do, all the 103 cc Pioneer 600 series saws are awesome runners with high torque engines. I probably have more hours operation on them than any other make of saw.
Pioneerguy600

I opened them for ya Chris. Nice looking saw! Very clean, I like the hard nose bar also. You got it for a fantastic price.
Thanks for the help Ed, yes it's in pretty good shape, i'm very happy. It's got a safety chain on it ,the brake handle has been repaired, and there is a piece out of the guard on the bottom of the handle. Easy.
Good scoop, hard to find Pioneers in decent shape here in the Maritimes. Seems that most of them were rode hard and put away wet, yours looks like it was cared for.
Pioneerguy600
Hard to find one this big on the island Jerry, this is the first one i've seen locally.
Great looking saw Chris. I wish my P42 looked that good.
Thanks Randy. I got a bunch of pioneer parts if you need anything, let me know.
Did you do the "Copy location" then go up to the little mountain and click on it and then paste?

Well, I thought i did. Have to go back through it again. How come they come up on my 'puter and no one elses ??????????

Last edited:
There are lots of Pioneers around the maritimes but they are of the smaller series saws mostly, the trees down here did not warrant that big saws be sent this way very often. From Ontario out toward the West coast the bigger saws were required to cut big hardwood and of course the big softwoods on that coast. Many of my bigger Pioneers have come from out that way.
Pioneerguy600

Any good tips for cleaning gunk outta the fuel tank?

The 600 had fire the other day, but was arcing around the ceramics and biting me on the finger. Pulled it apart, cleaned the sawdust/oily residue away, Dad cleaned the points, and now the saw doesnt have fire :confused:

Back