Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a couple of p26 pioneers give to me today. They r both 1 owner saws one had strait gas ran in it and is locked up the other turns freely this is what I know. If u want them PM me.

Hmmmmmm!

Ed,that's a pretty good short account of the Pioneer chainsaw company that Alain has on his website.Thanks for posting the link.
But alas there is more to the P35 than what was mentioned.I have from two VERY GOOD sources that there are more than two P35's in existence.I cannot reveal where I got this information without the sources approval.I can tell you that there was a design flaw in the saw that caused it to overheat and one of my sources told me that he fixed the problem on his P35.
Lawrence

P35

Yes Alain has a wonder website with lots of photos and information. I beleive you can watch a video on youtube from a tv show as well.
The info on the P35 has been on the site for a year or 2. He has done a lot of research. As for only 2 I am now sure we know that a lot more exist. All the P35 I have seen have a 7 digit serial number 13688xx Mine ends in 39 and I know of a 15 and one ending in 55 for sure. That would add up to at least 51. From the people I have talked too and received emails from, the number is most likely around 100 for the test run of saws. Not much support for the landfil at the airport runwat theory. Likely an old rumor. Some were given away to key people when the plant closed,
Always remember that the best way to see if another exists is the claim to have the only one in existance. I was told that early prototype saws were called breadboard prototype. These would surely be closer to a one of a kind.

I remember when you posted pics of yours. When I read only 2 existed, I knew he was mistaking.
Has anybody ever seen a pic of a P55? I never have. If they exist, I assuming they look like the 35.

I remember when you posted pics of yours. When I read only 2 existed, I knew he was mistaking.
Has anybody ever seen a pic of a P55? I never have. If they exist, I assuming they look like the 35.

I tried for half a day to find a pic once...no luck. I did find a bit of a write up somewhere that basically said it was very much like a p-35, only larger.

I tried for half a day to find a pic once...no luck. I did find a bit of a write up somewhere that basically said it was very much like a p-35, only larger.

That P35 story interest's the heck out of me. Alain also touched on a little of the Pioneer history that I was following as well.

Did you guys ever see this?
Crossing the line: unionized ... - Google Books

Seems Alain implied that saws were still built in Peterbourgh after the Pioneer shut down till 88. I had been wondering about that. Seems that some of the Pioneer/Partner saws were still built there in that time.

It was also implied that the bigger Pioneer based Poulan Pro saws were built by Poulan in the USA as I had suspected.

It's all interesting stuff.

Yes, it is interesting. Someone on here worked for pioneer i think. Propliner maybe? I forget now.

Someone should write a book about it.

48 hrs since the last post in the Pioneer thread...scary.

Not often you see this much of a lull in the Pioneer thread. Maybe everyone is working on newly acquired saws?

I have to get some rings for an RA and 620. They are both listed as 2.25" bore and the ring thickness measures at about 0.063". I was going to buy individual Caber rings from Dandrikop. Any suggestions on size? I found the closest measurements as 2.254 x 0.063". I don't know where else to get Caber rings x-referenced other than here. Any help is appreciated.

Piston Ring 57.25 x 1.59 mm (2.254 x 0.063 in) on eBay.ca (item 170586273718 end time 02-Feb-11 14:19:10 EST)

Has anyone tried the Cannon Superbar H1 Mount On the Pioneer? There website says a little modding and it will fit. I am thinking about the same bar in Woodland pro. I thought the Cannon Superbar Plus was a little better looking bar but they don't offer it in H1 mount.

Thanks Guys.

G'day to all, new to the site been on another forum for a bit and was told about you guy's and your Pioneer's.
about me well, I'm Kev an 31 year old pensioner with some good saw's
My pop left me his NU-17 that I em restoring (pic's well be up)
My dad has gave me his 620 that he got new in 1963,
And I got a 750 with an 36"bar form a mate for $150au
Because he cold not lift it!! lol

Some more saw's are an Husqvarna 181SE with a 24" Bar that we use for firewood getting,
Two pro Mac's 610 (back up saw's)
and a 25.4cc GMC top-handle saw.

old mans 620
ResizeofP31-12-09_1647.jpg

The 750
ResizeofP30-12-09_171501.jpg

NU-17 before the resto.
ResizeofP31-12-09_1633.jpg

ResizeofP05-01-10_1743.jpg

ResizeofP21-01-10_1426.jpg

Resizeof100_3431.jpg

Nu-17 getting the 1st reassemble.
I did this to see if i need any more parts.. and yes I do. fey-bay is good for this hobby.
ResizeofP11-01-11_1708.jpg

ResizeofP11-01-11_170801.jpg

Can not wait for the parts to got hare for the U.S. and I need to get some new bolts.

This is the first time the saw has been together in ten years. But it is getting there.

Cheers
Kev

Not often you see this much of a lull in the Pioneer thread. Maybe everyone is working on newly acquired saws?

I have to get some rings for an RA and 620. They are both listed as 2.25" bore and the ring thickness measures at about 0.063". I was going to buy individual Caber rings from Dandrikop. Any suggestions on size? I found the closest measurements as 2.254 x 0.063". I don't know where else to get Caber rings x-referenced other than here. Any help is appreciated.

Piston Ring 57.25 x 1.59 mm (2.254 x 0.063 in) on eBay.ca (item 170586273718 end time 02-Feb-11 14:19:10 EST)

If you can find a Hastings Piston Ring dealer they have rings in that size. Try part no. 8207

Pioneerguy600

Hey All,

Just an FYI, there's a P28e on ebay that's in my neck of the woods. Saw is complete and runs according to the seller.

I'm probably interested if I can steal it for $20 bucks but that's not likely to happen. Shoot me a PM if I can help anyone with it.

Latest posts

Back