Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yahoo! Just got in from the workshop - I was able to get the check valves out of the fuel pump. They were just really dirty. The springs and nylon check ball were fine. I just had to hone the seats a little to get a good seal. Glad that's resolved!

That really says something about how well these saws were built. The aluminum base for the fuel bowl was badly corroded internally from water and passages clogged with corrosion. Even with that, these valves were salvageable.

Now full speed ahead on the resto!

Hey guys I just got my first pioneer, its a nu-17. I really dont know much about them. Are these decent? Mine runs good. I think its neat. Was just curious if this was the pioneer that everyone has? Thanks Josh

Hi Josh, welcome to the Pioneer thread. If you have a running NU17 then you are most likely one of the few on this thread that has a running one. I have several NU17`s, 400,450 bodied Pioneers. They are not really a highly sought after Pioneer saw but are certainly neat saws on their own. If you stick around this thread you will end up owning more than one Pioneer saw....LOL
Pioneerguy600

Buzz Sawyer

Nice to see someone with the desire to makeover one of those old HM,s.
If you need any printed literature for the HM you can find it at the link in my signature or I could email it to you.Let me know
Lawrence

Josh

Good to see you here! The Pioneer Gurus will be able to help you with any questions you may have about the maintenance and running of the NU17.If you need a IPL, check out the link in my signature
Lawrence

Partner Saws

What is a Partner R21T with heated handles worth?

How about a Partner 550?

Both run, Any ideas?

148380d1282597255-picture-008-medium-jpg

This is a 500 which I think is almost the same as a 550. I paid $100 for it, it was fairly minty.

No clue about the r21.

This is a 500 which I think is almost the same as a 550. I paid $100 for it, it was fairly minty.

No clue about the r21.

Thank you for that.

According to Acres the R21T is 65cc and quite a bit older...

Thank you for that.

According to Acres the R21T is 65cc and quite a bit older...

Now that I think about it, I have a 16, which is sort of the same lines as a 21 only smaller. I found it in a barn though and only paid $20 I think.

The heated handlebar might be rare ?

I'm super excited to have it. Have found more of them but in much worse shape. Its neet. Will fit in nice on my shelf with my mac 15. I'm kind of a finicky person when it comes to my "more experienced" saws. They prefer that over antique. If its at all possible to fix them, i do. Cant stand having a saw that doesnt work like it was supposed too. Having to start my collection over after some fine specimen of human being broke into my garage and helped themselves to my belongings.

Now that I think about it, I have a 16, which is sort of the same lines as a 21 only smaller. I found it in a barn though and only paid $20 I think.

The heated handlebar might be rare ?

Yeah, I thought that might be cool (or warm rather).

Worked on the decal for the fuel tank tonight. I didn't have much to go on. How close is this? I wasn't sure about the Vancouver, BC Canada part but it looked like it fit OK. Hey - I even figured out how to put the pictures in too!

attachment.php

attachment.php

That decal looks great! Did you make that yourself?

That decal looks great! Did you make that yourself?

Yes, with MS Picture It. Started with a couple ovals, a triangle, lines, and blocks and matched the font for the bottom text as best I could. Took a while and the program locked a couple time as Picture It is not great with Vista. The trick was to make it in stages, saving each along the way. That way I didn't have to go clear back to the beginning if I messed up. Now to see how it prints.

Yes, with MS Picture It. Started with a couple ovals, a triangle, lines, and blocks and matched the font for the bottom text as best I could. Took a while and the program locked a couple time as Picture It is not great with Vista. The trick was to make it in stages, saving each along the way. That way I didn't have to go clear back to the beginning if I messed up. Now to see how it prints.
Buzz,I'm with the rest of the guy's,that's a great job on the decal!
Lawrence

Latest posts

Back