Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
169048d1295539310-100_0140-jpg

169049d1295539550-100_0137-jpg

WOW!! That is beautiful! You still have the original box. Awesome. :cheers:

Howdy gentlemen
Long time no see. I know you see me then you dont for a few months. Still dealing with wifes cancer & her being off work has me thinking about putting the 1074 with the new in box piston, rings & cylinder on the auction block. Wont say what i need to get to sell it but itll either go as the whole lot or ill part it out if I can get better bucks. Also have an Echo EVL 550 twin cylinder that is in pretty good shape & runs like a scalded dog. Just lookin for ideas of what to expect. I live in an area that generally fetches lots better prices then in the northwest. (from what feedback I got from what you guys give away chain sharpening for).:beer:
Cheers

Roncoinc

Another old part of history with the 600 Ron!Not sure but I would guess Jerry has the most experience with those old reliables
Lawrence

Rennie

Good to see you back on Rennie.Sorry to hear of your wifes health problems.Cancer it seems to be everywhere.Hope she can beat it down!
All the best
Lawrence

Finally getting to some of my winter projects.
i should have cleaned them this fall before putting them away,dont like working on filthy stuff but to COLD out right now to clean outside.
So i got this one with no spark,standard OP for getting to the points ? flywheel nut lefty loosey ? nothing strange to be wary of on this saw ?
just a 600 been sitting for many a long year..

Hey Ron;
You answered all your questions yourself,...LOL.
Just standard procedure to get to the points, pull the flywheel, remove the cover over the points and everything is there.Nothing to it, just points and condenser+ coil all in one neat package.Most likely fuel lines, pickup, gasket under the fuel bowl and a carb cleaning, maybe a HL kit.Real easy and simple old saw to work on and a real thumper when up and running.
Pioneerguy600

Finally getting to some of my winter projects.
i should have cleaned them this fall before putting them away,dont like working on filthy stuff but to COLD out right now to clean outside.
So i got this one with no spark,standard OP for getting to the points ? flywheel nut lefty loosey ? nothing strange to be wary of on this saw ?
just a 600 been sitting for many a long year..

Hey Ron;
You answered all your questions yourself,...LOL.
Just standard procedure to get to the points, pull the flywheel, remove the cover over the points and everything is there.Nothing to it, just points and condenser+ coil all in one neat package.Most likely fuel lines, pickup, gasket under the fuel bowl and a carb cleaning, maybe a HL kit.Real easy and simple old saw to work on and a real thumper when up and running.
Pioneerguy600

Thanks Jerry,,it just seems like after working on a stihl my brain short circuits ,i forget my name and have to start over ! :)
sometime this winter have to take apart that super 620 and fix the leak in the gas tank.. remember that one ?? you showed some pix of how to take apart the side to get it all apart..you made some kind of puller to get sometging off the recoil side ?
just giving you a little notice here :) thot i saved your info but cant find it now :(
when you get a chance and happen accross those pix let me know please..not now,not tommorow,,maybe next month i be ready,,IF you happen to find them..
tnx..

Thanks Jerry,,it just seems like after working on a stihl my brain short circuits ,i forget my name and have to start over ! :)
sometime this winter have to take apart that super 620 and fix the leak in the gas tank.. remember that one ?? you showed some pix of how to take apart the side to get it all apart..you made some kind of puller to get sometging off the recoil side ?
just giving you a little notice here :) thot i saved your info but cant find it now :(
when you get a chance and happen accross those pix let me know please..not now,not tommorow,,maybe next month i be ready,,IF you happen to find them..
tnx..

Sure Ron,..no problem, ..got a bag full of picts for the 600`s for most any job you want to do on one.
Pioneerguy600

After several hours of wiping and scrubbing with WD-40, I got the ol' 700 looking like this. Pulled the rear handle completely apart--I love the bolt and stud assembly and the big o-ring behind it. Also pulled the carby down and replaced the rock-hard metering diaphragm with the only NOS one I have. Unfortunately, I have no pumper diaphragm, but it didn't seem to be too bad. There was a fair amount of pitch on the saw that I could only remove with a brass brush and underneath the yellow was pretty well preserved--now the saw is splotchy looking.

Right now, the saw has really good spark, but the coil is showing the same cracking of the varnish my 850 displayed. So, I fear it is not long for this world. On the plus side, the starter cup isn't nearly as worn as my 850's.

Chris B.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Chris B

Good job!That 700 looks great after your elbow greasin! It seems to have just enough scratches to highlight it's character.The plastic on the handle is sure in good shape!
Lawrence

Worksawcollector,Not quite sure what you mean by (sticker).Do you mean the actual sticker on the air cleaner?
Lawrence

Yep, sorry I should have been more clear. Nowhere on this P62 power head does it say Pioneer Partner except the bar. I knew it had to be somewhere then I seen Lee's saw in this thread, and thought that makes sense.

That's the only decal that I have seen like that. If Joe at sugar creek supply had a good pic or a sample, he could reproduce them. The k&n filter set up is not as common as the standard filter. The standard filter cover had a decal similar to the one in this picture.
PPP42.jpg

Latest posts

Back