Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good, now I don't feel bad about getting rid of my p50 parts. I ran across a nice farmsaw this morning, pics after the hurricane blows through.

As promised.

2011-08-29_06-59-11_923.jpg

2011-08-29_06-59-26_870.jpg

A farmsaw is more or less a P-41 with a crappy recoil. Good saws other than that.

Different recoil, flywheel and coil.

IEL Pioneer Sign

DSCF0353.jpg

DSCF0351.jpg

I finally lucked out and was able to get an IEL doubled sided sign. It is in excellent shape. Have other but nothing with the bright colours like this. Also acquired a couple P41 that run and a couple more for parts.

Air filter that might work on a 400?

I finally got around to taking the plastic off and air blasting out my 400 today, also hit the chain some with a file, but it has been rocked and wore down bad, need some more there..

Anyway, I only found three minor defects, it needed the gas tank vent hose with the dealie in the end, luckily I had a spare in a junker saw. The drive sprocket is worn but still a few cuts in it..and there is NO air filter. I found some dregs of deteriorating looks like foam in there, that's it. I have no idea what one even looks like, or what holds it, or anything. Just the carb and that plastic piece around it..

By any chance do any old poulan or husky air filters cross reference, would they work? I have some junkers to pick through and the shop in town has a good boneyard for husky and poulan. Also, any place to download an IPL for this saw? Heck, does this company still exist for that matter? ;) Says Pioneer partner 400, I am colorblind, girlfriend says it is half way between yellow and orange colored (still not totally clean yet, man the grime is embedded in the plastic, gonna need to really soak all that stuff).

Looks like a nice saw. Pro quality? The engine will come on out, four screws in the bottom of the case (looks like it to me anyway) I burnt the muff screen clean and opened the outlet there a little with tin snips and needle nose. Fires up runs good for a bit then wants to idle down and stop. But, this is as far as I have gotten with it too, proly still needs new fuel line and filter and clean carb. Exhaust side piston looks just swell.

thanks in advance!

I finally got around to taking the plastic off and air blasting out my 400 today, also hit the chain some with a file, but it has been rocked and wore down bad, need some more there..

Anyway, I only found three minor defects, it needed the gas tank vent hose with the dealie in the end, luckily I had a spare in a junker saw. The drive sprocket is worn but still a few cuts in it..and there is NO air filter. I found some dregs of deteriorating looks like foam in there, that's it. I have no idea what one even looks like, or what holds it, or anything. Just the carb and that plastic piece around it..

By any chance do any old poulan or husky air filters cross reference, would they work? I have some junkers to pick through and the shop in town has a good boneyard for husky and poulan. Also, any place to download an IPL for this saw? Heck, does this company still exist for that matter? ;) Says Pioneer partner 400, I am colorblind, girlfriend says it is half way between yellow and orange colored (still not totally clean yet, man the grime is embedded in the plastic, gonna need to really soak all that stuff).

Looks like a nice saw. Pro quality? The engine will come on out, four screws in the bottom of the case (looks like it to me anyway) I burnt the muff screen clean and opened the outlet there a little with tin snips and needle nose. Fires up runs good for a bit then wants to idle down and stop. But, this is as far as I have gotten with it too, proly still needs new fuel line and filter and clean carb. Exhaust side piston looks just swell.

thanks in advance!

Chainsawr may have the IPL on there site?They have a bunch there.

Last edited:
parts for pioneer iel hc

Hi Guys, just to let you know, I still have a few parts for the Pioneers for sale. If you need something, just send me a PM and I'll see if I have it. I'm no longer on Ebay but still have a fairly good collection of stuff including a new shipment of NOS hardware. -Propliner

Hi there I'm looking for a recoil cover and clutch for my Pioneer IEL model HC thought you might have something?

Jeff

DSCF0353.jpg

DSCF0351.jpg

I finally lucked out and was able to get an IEL doubled sided sign. It is in excellent shape. Have other but nothing with the bright colours like this. Also acquired a couple P41 that run and a couple more for parts.
Hi Jeff,just not getting on here as much as i would like as summer is keeping me busy outside.Just saw this post of yours AWESOME SIGN!
Lawrence

New owner of a P41

I am a total newbie to the site. I picked up a P41 (P41H) for $60 last week to get me going on a landscaping project that required cutting 6x6's. Really had no idea what I was buying. Its my first chainsaw, and I don't see myself becoming a collector but I can see how tinkering with these things can get a bit addicting. I just have enough hobbies already... I am just hoping that in the end I have a good reliable tool that will get the job done in a lot of situations. I do a lot of off-roading so I have wanted to add one to my rig for some time now.

Spent $40 on a new chain. Adjusted the carb to about as good as it gets without re-building it (bogs a bit at full throttle) and so far it is getting the job done without too much trouble.

Once I am finished my landscaping project I think I will take the time to pull the carb and re-build it and hopefully take care of that little bog.

The other thing I would like to do to it is fix the clutch. Right now the clutch doesn't work at all so the chain is spinning as soon as the cord is pulled. The safety aspect is one thing, but I think it also means that I need to have the idle set quite a bit higher than I otherwise would to keep it from stalling out.

So far my searches haven't turned up much for clutches for the P41. Is it possible to repair/rebuild the clutch that I have, or are there several other Pioneer models that would have the same clutch so I could expand my search?

Any other suggestions?

Back