Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,
Is there any difference between the P45 and the Poulan 455.
Seems like on acres there is some difference but would like to get first hand thoughts.

I believe they are the same saw, everything should interchange. I've seen both of these with different styles of chainbrake levers and starter covers, lower frames may have differences also, but they should all interchange. I'm not 100% sure, but 99%. ;)

I believe they are the same saw, everything should interchange. I've seen both of these with different styles of chainbrake levers and starter covers, lower frames may have differences also, but they should all interchange. I'm not 100% sure, but 99%. ;)

Thanks Arrow!
Acres has the piston stroke differently if I remember.
Could possible put another 455 together, but would not mind to grab a good parts saw or if possible a P45 parts, but not sure if the P45 is the same.

Thanks Arrow!
Acres has the piston stroke differently if I remember.
Could possible put another 455 together, but would not mind to grab a good parts saw or if possible a P45 parts, but not sure if the P45 is the same.

That's a typo, bore and stroke are the same. Same part #'s on the crank/rod.

P60 Seal help

I've been searching all over the net for seals for a P60 and can't find anything the right size, does anybody have a manufacturer and part # of a good seal that will work for this saw?
TIA, Kevin

Seals P50/P60

I've been searching all over the net for seals for a P60 and can't find anything the right size, does anybody have a manufacturer and part # of a good seal that will work for this saw?
TIA, Kevin

Try Ebay item# 260871545331. I believe seals for P50 are the same as P60.

Thanks Ed, I didn't think to try a poulan part #

I already tried one of those gasket sets on ebay for the seals and only got one to seal up good, thought I'd try something else. The oiler, carb, and reed block gasket didn't fit good either, I never tried the case gasket. I should go and see if that was a good fit for future referance.

Pioneer Holiday 21" chainsaw, Model 1100W - Tillotson (carb) Repair Parts Kit 471792

Hey all ... I first posted here in this thread back on July 21, 2010 (#3716, Page 248) ... after getting some excellent advice from some of the members here, and, downloading some of the PDF resources available here, I thought I pretty much had my little saw sorted out (tuning & fuel feed issues) ... apparently not ... after successful test running in July, 2010, I put the saw in my camper thinkng it would be ready to use as required. I went to use my saw in the bush on 28SEP11 and again, it wouldn't draw fuel. I couldn't remember exactly what I had done to cure it the last time (looking back at my 2nd post here in this thread [#3719, Page 248], I must have blown compressed air into the pick-up end of the fuel line to cure it), so, I inspected the pick-up tube end of the fuel line and tried blowing through it with my mouth, no compressed air being available. I also tried to prime it with small amounts of fuel/oil mix dripped directly into the carb throttle body - it would run briefly but would not draw fuel and continue to run. Frustrating! Had to get the axe out and work for my passage down this particular FSR! It would be pretty funny (kinda') if someone later found my carcass (after me having a coronary) and figured out the sequence of events / factors leading to my demise.

Anyways, pioneerguy600 says I have the Tillotson HS carb (#3718, Page 248) and a document I downloaded here, 'IPL Pioneer Model Holiday.pdf' says I need a Tillotson Repair Parts Kit 471792 ... my Google search of 'Tillotosn 471792' didn't turn up any useful results ... does anyone here know if I can get the Tillotson Repair Parts Kit 471792 (or a kit for the Tillotson HS carb) anywhere?

Thanks, Kevin

Hey all ... I first posted here in this thread back on July 21, 2010 (#3716, Page 248) ... after getting some excellent advice from some of the members here, and, downloading some of the PDF resources available here, I thought I pretty much had my little saw sorted out (tuning & fuel feed issues) ... apparently not ... after successful test running in July, 2010, I put the saw in my camper thinkng it would be ready to use as required. I went to use my saw in the bush on 28SEP11 and again, it wouldn't draw fuel. I couldn't remember exactly what I had done to cure it the last time (looking back at my 2nd post here in this thread [#3719, Page 248], I must have blown compressed air into the pick-up end of the fuel line to cure it), so, I inspected the pick-up tube end of the fuel line and tried blowing through it with my mouth, no compressed air being available. I also tried to prime it with small amounts of fuel/oil mix dripped directly into the carb throttle body - it would run briefly but would not draw fuel and continue to run. Frustrating! Had to get the axe out and work for my passage down this particular FSR! It would be pretty funny (kinda') if someone later found my carcass (after me having a coronary) and figured out the sequence of events / factors leading to my demise.

Anyways, pioneerguy600 says I have the Tillotson HS carb (#3718, Page 248) and a document I downloaded here, 'IPL Pioneer Model Holiday.pdf' says I need a Tillotson Repair Parts Kit 471792 ... my Google search of 'Tillotosn 471792' didn't turn up any useful results ... does anyone here know if I can get the Tillotson Repair Parts Kit 471792 (or a kit for the Tillotson HS carb) anywhere?

Thanks, Kevin

471792 looks like a Pioneer OEM part number.

Here's a kit for your carb...

Rebuild kit for Tillotson Carburetor

Most excellent Chris ... thank you very much ...

Should I take it from your handle here (DSS) that you play with sat IRD's (or used to)?

Kevin

Most excellent Chris ... thank you very much ...

Should I take it from your handle here (DSS) that you play with sat IRD's (or used to)?

Kevin

Hey Kevin. No, it's pretty well a meaningless handle. Long story. Where are you in Canada?

Northwood Saw is a great place to order stuff, but any small engine shop should be able to get you a kit. I buy mine there because they want $25 locally.

Hey Chris ... I'm in Tsawwassen (part of Delta, B.C. ... Greater Vancouver, if you like).

I'll check for that Tillotson # locally and see what they want (if I find someone who has or can get).

Kevin

Hey Chris ... I'm in Tsawwassen (part of Delta, B.C. ... Greater Vancouver, if you like).

I'll check for that Tillotson # locally and see what they want (if I find someone who has or can get).

Kevin

You need an RK-23 HS kit. They'll know what you're talking about, it's pretty common.

Good to see you here.

Weekend Trip

DSCF0443.jpg

It has been another very good week. We the pleasure of making a trip to the west end of the province to meet another chainsaw collector. I had site member huck01955 riding shotgun. We did some horseblanket trading and I brought home this load. There is a Pioneer Partner P39 for my collection and a parts saw for trading material. I had several good Pseries Pioneer saws (doubles) on my corner of the horse blanket.

Hi guys

This has probably been brought up at some point, but a few years ago, dad gave me his old pioneer p50, to get a lighter stihl, I've been using it as needed around the house.
While helping a friend with a wind blown tree, the coil started acting up, no spark when warm. Dad found me a p52 with a hole in the gas tank, thinking the coils should be the same, but it looks like that is the main difference between the two.

What would be the best direction to go to take these two and make one? is it possible? I'm thinking the easiest might be to take the jug from the p52 and put on the p50 along with the electronics, but im not sure if they are exactly the same bore or not.

Any input is appreciated,
Dan

Latest posts

Back