Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This weeks Pioneer stuff

DSCF0421.jpg

I have had a good week for a change. First I picked up the P42HP from a fellow down sizing to an apartment. He didn't have any use for it. The saw has a brand new chain and 22 or 24 inch bar. Then I really lucked out and found the 1750 with a 3 ft bar. I have not seen one of these before. Only a couple of pictures. A gear drive 1850 would be nice to find to go with it. The last item is an IEL Super Twin High Pressure Pump.The only info I can find is a photo showing the high pressure model VA and a second pump with no info. The pump appears to be 3 stage? I would sure like to find out more info on the pump. Would really appreciate any help. IPL etc. These two items will be great for next years shows. The P42 is trading material.

DSCF0421.jpg

I have had a good week for a change. First I picked up the P42HP from a fellow down sizing to an apartment. He didn't have any use for it. The saw has a brand new chain and 22 or 24 inch bar. Then I really lucked out and found the 1750 with a 3 ft bar. I have not seen one of these before. Only a couple of pictures. A gear drive 1850 would be nice to find to go with it. The last item is an IEL Super Twin High Pressure Pump.The only info I can find is a photo showing the high pressure model VA and a second pump with no info. The pump appears to be 3 stage? I would sure like to find out more info on the pump. Would really appreciate any help. IPL etc. These two items will be great for next years shows. The P42 is trading material.

Damn, you get some good stuff Jeff. I like that P-42.

How big is that pump? 2''?

Damn, you get some good stuff Jeff. I like that P-42.

How big is that pump? 2''?

Looks like a 2 inch inlet and 1 1/2 discharge. I believe Mike Acres mentioned some of them were used as firepumps? The P42 would look very nice in PEI

Looks like a 2 inch inlet and 1 1/2 discharge. I believe Mike Acres mentioned some of them were used as firepumps? The P42 would look very nice in PEI

Yes, it looks like a fire pump for sure. Very cool.

The P-42 would indeed look good in PEI.

At a flea market in Ontario (near Ganonoque) a like-new Pioneer service sign and display stand new in box sold for $5 each. I would have posted pictures but unfortunately the listing (on Kijiji) is gone.

Just keep in mind those are probably the oddball .404 sprocket 58 gauge. Chain is hard to find. I have one of those bars, and I posted it here about 100 pages ago. A nice AS member helped me out and made some special chains for me.

I was wandering through the sponsors looking for deals, and found that WesSpur carries 404x058 by the link. Not cheap, but pretty decent.

Oregon® Chainsaw Chains

Down near the bottom, 58L

Just keep in mind those are probably the oddball .404 sprocket 58 gauge. Chain is hard to find. I have one of those bars, and I posted it here about 100 pages ago. A nice AS member helped me out and made some special chains for me.

I still have some left and do have new loops of 404x58 pioneer now too.
Bob

Thanks for info guys, I'll try some new rings I have here and see if that'll bring the compression up some.

Back