Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. If I can't find it here, I might be interested in getting it out there if the kit is still available. Would make a good backup kit for my P62 if it failed.

P40

Hello, I just wanted to thank all of you pioneer guys for all the information that you have contributed on pioneers. I have been a member since about the time this pioneer thread started and have appreciated it since it’s hard to find much info on these old saws!

Anyway I have a P40 and noticed PROPLINER and PIONEERMAN’s recent post mentioning that you may be able to get some P60/PP655 rebuild kits and so I figure the same for the smaller models? While I don't need a rebuild kit right now, I figure I would keep you in mind if I ever did! But what I was wondering is if you are sourcing these parts from a old Poulan Pro dealer as I think was mentioned in an earlier post. I don't think I have one near me but would be willing to contact one elsewhere if I knew that they had parts. Maybe MILE9SOCOUNTY or JACOB J. Know of a parts source/old dealer as I am in Oregon near you? I apologize ahead of time if I am infringing on your parts source!!!

However, mainly what I was looking for was a set of dawgs for a P40, and have watched ebay, but unless I missed them I haven’t seen any in the last few months, so I figured I would ask you guys.

Also If I ever came across a slick air filter setup like PROPLINER just posted I would pick it up!! (I doubt they made them for the smaller models though? And if they did the chance of finding one probably ain’t much?!!)

Thanks,
84toyota

84toyota, the K&N air filter is still available, but the plastic bottom mounting plate is as rare as can be. Tis air filter setup will fit the P40. I'm constantly on the lookout for another.

As far as I know, there is no rebuild kit available for the P40, however, I do have a cylinder and possibly a piston and rings for you if you need them. Also, I have a set of nice new dawgs, just send me a P.M.

Brendon.

My RA project

I'm sure a great many of you have already checked out my RA restoration thread, but Lawrence here has been bugging me to post the saw over here too, so here you all go. The thread is HERE. I'll just post a before and after pic here and you guys can dig deeper in the thread if you want to.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I plan on eventually repainting it when I get set up for that sort of thing.

However, mainly what I was looking for was a set of dawgs for a P40, and have watched ebay, but unless I missed them I haven’t seen any in the last few months, so I figured I would ask you guys.
Thanks,
84toyota

I have a P41, if they're the same I could trace mine and scan it so you could cut your own if you have the capability.

I'm picking up that pallet load of NOS P-series parts tomorrow, so you guys can start thinking about things you want/need for your P-series saws and what you got to trade.

I think there's several sets of dawgs in there for P-40/41/42 through P-60/61/62/655.

P40

BRMORGAN, thanks for the offer to trace those dawgs! I thought of the same thing since I have a cutting torch, but I figured without a plasma cutter they may not turn out so well?:confused: I will let you know if I need it though!

JACOB J. thanks for the info on the parts, I doubt you would have one of them fancy air intake mounting plates in that NOS stuff? :greenchainsaw:

84toyota

If by recoil spool you mean the spool the starter cord wraps around, then the Farmlite shares a common spool with the P38. The farmsaw series use a different engagement mechanism and will not work. The parts manuals show a different part number for the P41's but I would check them out as they are the same style. You would have to make sure that all the dimensions are the same.

I checked with a local dealer and he said no P series parts are interchangable with Farmlite. The only difference between Farmsaw and Farmlite is 3.9 CC vs 3.4 CC of the engine.

Thanks for the offer propliner. You'll be hearing from me.

Pioneer 600 and 1200A pics

Okay fellas
Here are some pics of the newly acquired Pioneer 600 and the newly acquired Pioneer model 1200A
Lawrence
PM270model1200a020.jpg

There is a little piece missing here to hold on the air filter top cover.I don't know if I can solder that on or have to get it welded.Welding I can't do .Soldering yes.If you look at the top cover.I would have to drill out that latch because it is riveted in place.that would ruin the original cover,maybe get another one
PM270model1200a028.jpg

Latest posts

Back