Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 620 is looking better now,

attachment.php

attachment.php

That's a nice saw! I have an RA that I plan to do the same to as soon as I find one of those damn top covers.

I know you are just being modest, unless metal cleans itself that well South Australia. :D

Thanks for posting those pics - your 620 reminds me of Pioneerguy600's restorations (and that is no easy feat!).

You fellas in this thread have really got me thinking about restoring at least one old saw. I should be getting my Jonsereds M36 soon and, while it is from a later era, I will be attempting my first restoration on that saw. I will keep looking for an earlier saw(s), but it's a start.

Thanks fellas!

:cheers:

Pioneerguy600's and blsnelling's restorations are the best I've seen, the
jonsereds M36 is an interesting looking Canadian built saw, looks like a "Blitz B300" I have. Good luck with the restoration.

Its me again.

Hey guys
Rennie here, been awhile, but you know I will pop up like a bad rash every so often. STILL looking for the air filter cover for my 1074. Did I read Pete had a mint one he wont part with. Dont make me come to Canada & kidnap you. lol.
The other guy wanted it caus his had a lil crack in it . Boo Freakin hoo... Mine is half gone, very little left, just enough to hold the shop rag I used as an air filter in place before I retired it. If you remember I have a brand new Cyl & piston for it but will not do the restore til I find the cover!. Which leads me to..... Will a P-21 cover fit. I found a p-21 & a nu-17. for 100.00 about 10miles from me. They both run the guy claims & the NU-17 still looks in pretty good shape. As far as I can tell the filter cover on the 21 is intact. What do you guys think???

Rennie:dizzy::confused:

Lol, I know how feel, I still don't have an air filter assembly for mine yet, parts are pretty scarce.

I talked to a guy Saturday that told me he just gave a young man one that was in great running shape. He said that if he had known that I collected he would have given it to me. He told me that he thought he had another in the shed that was missing the carb only and that he would give it to me if he found it. I gave him my phone number, but it's Thursday now and I haven't heard anything from him. He probably forgot all about it. I should have told him to give me his phone number that way I could keep reminding him.

The part numbers for the P21 and 1074 covers are different, but my guess would be that they would fit. There is probably a small design change between the two. Only way to find out is to try it if you can.

Your 620 sure is looking good, hard to think it was nearly a parts saw a few months ago. Real nice paint job and that polished recoil cover is an added plus. Only ever saw them on the model J from the factory.
Pioneerguy600

Your 620 sure is looking good, hard to think it was nearly a parts saw a few months ago. Real nice paint job and that polished recoil cover is an added plus. Only ever saw them on the model J from the factory.
Pioneerguy600

Jerry, That polished recoil cover is not original, it was painted but when I stripped the paint I just thought it would look nice to leave it unpainted & polished.

Super Job!

Wow gmax! Okay, how about Jerry and you coming clean on what trade school you both attended to learn how to restore those chainsaws to such a high level.LOL! What a great job you did on that 620
Lawrence

My 620 is looking better now,

attachment.php

QUOTE]

Gmax,

That looks like another excellent restoration. Those old Pioneers just seem to have the lines and curves to make them stand out restored. You guys here, are getting so good, I'm second guessing posting pics. Knowing the competition I'm up against.....:cheers:\
Great work

Drew
Rep sent

My 3270 resto project

Think Ive finnaly got this picture thing sorted.Heres pictures of my 3270 that I picked up for $40NZ(about $25US),seems to be very origonal too me,although Im no expert.Looking forward to this winter project getting under way.Mite have to stock up on more beer I think:cheers:

Latest posts

Back