Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did the heat go?? from high 90s to low 60s in two days. That hurricane remnant is to be thanked for it. I'm probably going to be lighting off the first fire of the season this afternoon.

Assumptions will bite one on the fundament. Yesterday ran a small trailer full of rounds to the splitter. Lots of pulling, choking, no choke, etc. Hmmm? Out of gas. No, I just filled it the other day. Just back from finally getting it started by lots of pulling and then checking the gas. Yep bone dry. Then the spindly little (4") mountain ash that died 20 years ago was in the way of extending the rick of split wood. Grabbed 362 and many pullings no fire. It can't be out of gas. I only used it for one small log yesterday. More pulling, check gas. Yep, empty.

I'll be back after finishing here splitting the Horse Chestnut that I finished harvesting last spring and move a wagon load or two to the back porch. I've never worked that type before. Very heavy green, fairly dense dry and splits like a dram on the splitter. I only have one more 15'x6' rick to go to have my winter supply in there and the woodshed. I go through 6-7 cord/yr.

Gotcha. I thought there was maybe a different meaning for audit I wasn't aware of. Doesn't sound like fun at all!
A lot less boring that doing plain jane accounting in the same place every day.

Also, when you find fraud, it gets very interesting. I could tell stories all day long. Just a couple so I don't bore anyone too much:

1) When we caught the Priest we met with him in the Nassau County (Long Island) DA's office. The Priest proclaimed his innocence. The DA asked me to review my workpapers with him, after which he stated: "I did not think you could prove that I stole, but you can prove that I stole". He subsequently plead guilty.

2) We had another case in Rockland County that proved fraud. The DA called the guy in and told him the auditors have evidence that he stole money, and told him that if he confessed, they would go easier on him. He confessed to a much larger fraud that we knew nothing about! He had opened a bank account for a not-for-profit and had forged all the signature cards (including judges and politicians) and was taking contributions from the public and spending on himself!

Also, when you find fraud, it gets very interesting. I could tell stories all day long. Just a couple so I don't bore anyone too much:

1) When we caught the Priest we met with him in the Nassau County (Long Island) DA's office. The Priest proclaimed his innocence. The DA asked me to review my workpapers with him, after which he stated: "I did not think you could prove that I stole, but you can prove that I stole". He subsequently plead guilty.

2) We had another case in Rockland County that proved fraud. The DA called the guy in and told him the auditors have evidence that he stole money, and told him that if he confessed, they would go easier on him. He confessed to a much larger fraud that we knew nothing about! He had opened a bank account for a not-for-profit and had forged all the signature cards (including judges and politicians) and was taking contributions from the public and spending on himself!
wow

Don't do the crime unless your ready to serve the time !

sure has been hot around here lately! triple digs for weeks on end.

one of my rancher neighbors up along the county line... posted up his new Spring Water free-bie center... i prob should head on over there, thinking i mite like some fresh, cool spring water on a hot day shredding...

zzzzxsw.JPG

Go back and read your post, your entire reply was a ***** fest about your superior quality equipment that all your friends want to use, because theirs is junk and doesn't work. Insinuating that no one else hunts in as rough of conditions as you. Which is bull to the highest degree. It's all typical coming from you, every single time anything hunting or gun related comes up, you start going on about how much you know and how wrong the rest of us are. It's gotten old, really old.
dang! maybe i need to catch up, seems i am getting behind on some topics.... lol

How about the one where previous auditors had dissappeared?
That was the Pilgram Psychiatric Center garbage contract. The FBI informant had been rubbed out and the competitors' trucks were suffering from spontaneous combustion. Everyone wanted to tell us stuff, but they were afraid. People would come up to us and say: "I will meet you at (a location) in five minutes, will talk to you for five minutes, and that is it, and don't use my name".

We had good findings in that report, but the mob must have gone over our heads, our Office of Counsel never allowed us to issue our report ... the only time that ever happened. The State was paying extra for lots of stuff that was already included in the basic contract.

My friend and co-worker Henry and I were the only ones that would do the audit. Henry came over directly from Africa and was a real good guy. We did a lot of the difficult audits together.

Where did the heat go?? from high 90s to low 60s in two days. That hurricane remnant is to be thanked for it. I'm probably going to be lighting off the first fire of the season this afternoon.
done to 95f here today. storms in the Gulf.... breezy hot day. some rain drops. but not enuff to really even mention!

Any big husky fans out there?
I bought a 235 x torq and it is missing a pivot pin for the hand brake. I can make one easy enough but not sure what dimensions it needs to be. I may be able to gauge it out when I get a chance to look deeper, but thought someone else may have already fought this fight. For whatever reason , the website says they are currently unavailable.??
Thanks in advance for any help.

Any big husky fans out there?
I bought a 235 x torq and it is missing a pivot pin for the hand brake. I can make one easy enough but not sure what dimensions it needs to be. I may be able to gauge it out when I get a chance to look deeper, but thought someone else may have already fought this fight. For whatever reason , the website says they are currently unavailable.??
Thanks in advance for any help.
Better off to make one Bob . They are expensive on ebay lol . A dealer may have one on his shelf ?

Better off to make one Bob . They are expensive on ebay lol . A dealer may have one on his shelf ?
Thanks. Got it running. He used too much fuel line and the excess got pinched under that back plate for the air box. I don't care for primer bulbs , but it made the diagnosis a little quicker on this one!

sure has been hot around here lately! triple digs for weeks on end.

one of my rancher neighbors up along the county line... posted up his new Spring Water free-bie center... i prob should head on over there, thinking i mite like some fresh, cool spring water on a hot day shredding...

View attachment 1106923
Now ifin he wanted to have even more fun he'd have it connected to that `lectic fence!

Back