Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 1185289View attachment 1185290View attachment 1185291
I'm in Norway right now so I'm not even going to try to catch up. Fiskars is more than just axes and clippers around these parts.
That's awesome! Reminds me of a famous Fiskars interchange a few years back:
Lifetime guarantee dont mean nothin if the company goes outta business

Good point.

They were founded in 1649, and have annual sales of approximately $1 billion (US).

Could be a fly-by-night organization.

Hi guys.

We had a once in a decade flood in my town this week. Worst flood since the city was established, eclipsing the great flood of 1970 by about a foot.

My office had about a foot of water in the main level. We pulled up the flooring yesterday and vented the drywall. Now we wait for things to dry out.

By this morning, my basement was pumped out by the sump pump.

Certainly puts a cramp in business and life for a while but nobody died and no major injuries were reported.

why's that?
Fuel is way more expensive for one they have lost the longevity advantage my Taco has 250k on the 2.7 leaks oil being fixed now but doesn’t burn oil . Regular gas is 3.21 diesel is 4 bucks my BIL 6.0 has 385k runs like a top .

I would give anything to work on vintage stuff that isn't loaded with rust.
I won’t buy anything that is rusty. My vintage stuff has less rust than my newer stuff. I knew the 72 was very clean just from chassis but was very surprised to see this when I pulled back the rubber floor mat for the first time to change out the cab body rubber mounts I reused the bolts . The replacement bolts were metric . Don’t want that crap on my truck :laugh: IMG_8555.jpegIMG_8556.jpeg

One month and the little Ash tree has doubled in size View attachment 1185800View attachment 1185801

What type of chestnut? I've got a couple trees and end up with volunteer chestnut saplings every year... American Chestnut Society identified them as Chinese. I could give you nuts in the fall if you're interested... I took this photo about a week ago when the catkins were heavy... they are falling now.

IMG_6804.gif

Looks like Zade might have some Border Collie in him.
Yes
Border Collie ?
Yes, supposedly a mini border collie.(whatever that is.) Wife said he shouldn't go much over 30lbs.
Fuel is way more expensive for one they have lost the longevity advantage my Taco has 250k on the 2.7 leaks oil being fixed now but doesn’t burn oil . Regular gas is 3.21 diesel is 4 bucks my BIL 6.0 has 385k runs like a top .
Around here gas is less then a dollar difference for the two. Fuel milage off set (for me) vs price is huge for my vehicles. My 96 big block gets a faithful 8mpg empty, my cummins gets ~20mpg empty. Tdi has been averaging 47.82 mpg. Expedition get 13 mpg. Best tank I ever got on the Honda or focus was 32-33mpg. Longevity never really crossed my mind. Never had a vehicle that i didn't get at least 200k on it. Usually the frames or bodies rot out before the engine or transmission go out. At this point I doubt I'll ever have a diesel new enough to have to worry about those issues. Can't afford them. Heck can't hardly afford a decent older diesel.

What type of chestnut? I've got a couple trees and end up with volunteer chestnut saplings every year... American Chestnut Society identified them as Chinese. I could give you nuts in the fall if you're interested... I took this photo about a week ago when the catkins were heavy... they are falling now.

View attachment 1185804
It’s an Ash tree . Found it growing this spring when we were planting .

Alright pros….

Vac test of 8 psi drops to 5 psi and holds. All pressure test held at 10 psi. Oil did not seep into either crank seal. The saw runs high and leans out then dies. Doesn’t matter which side is up. Carb seems good as I’ve switched out 3 with same results. Coil? What would you try next?

Does it hold pressure + Vac when you rotate the crank? If it does not hold 8 psi cold, maybe it holds less warm. Maybe replace crank seals?
There is a definite air leak. If I turn the crank the pressure builds and kills the vacuum and pressure continues onto about 7 psi. Should that even happen? I have the piston at bottom dead center and all the holes plugged up (exhaust, carb, plug, and impulse.

I gotta look closely at the flywheel magnets and coil now.

Does it hold pressure + Vac when you rotate the crank? If it does not hold 8 psi cold, maybe it holds less warm. Maybe replace crank seals?
^^^^Just what I was going to say.

Alright pros….

Vac test of 8 psi drops to 5 psi and holds. All pressure test held at 10 psi. Oil did not seep into either crank seal. The saw runs high and leans out then dies. Doesn’t matter which side is up. Carb seems good as I’ve switched out 3 with same results. Coil? What would you try next?

Does the impulse hose fit tight? Are the cylinder screws tight. Is the fuel filter new and the fuel hose good with no cracks?

Latest posts

Back