Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impulse tight. Cylinder screws tight. Soap test on all gaskets proved good on pressure test.
I'd probably lean towards crank seal issues. It's very possible they're not sealing while the crank is rotating and the crankcase pressure oscillating between pressure and vacuum. Since you proved the gaskets with soapy water I think the seals are the most likely suspect.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @JimR . Have a good one buddy. :cheers:
Thanks Steve and guys for the birthday wishes. It was a fun day in St. Louis and vicinity. Lewis and Clark Historical Site and the Big Muddy up on the Great Road in Illinois.

Attachments

• 20240622_105646.jpg
    20240622_105646.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240622_105914.jpg
    20240622_105914.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240622_110643.jpg
    20240622_110643.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240622_155537.jpg
    20240622_155537.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240622_161914.jpg
    20240622_161914.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240622_161817.jpg
    20240622_161817.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240622_165038.jpg
    20240622_165038.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240622_165051.jpg
    20240622_165051.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
Two more while the coffee was brewing your right they damage the tomatoes and chew the flowers buds of the plants . Funny we don’t have any squirrels running around . View attachment 1185501
The wife and I sit out on the back deck on the nice mornings and drink our coffee, while I snipe the little buggers lol. Yesterday was 2, a couple days ago I got 2 and a red squirrel.
I often hear them at night in the field but I haven’t seen one around the property during the day . Maybe because we don’t have anything they would be interested in
I was glad I happened to be here/see it when I did, almost 100% sure we would have lost at least one chicken had I not.
Good shot. We hear Coyotes and or fox at night pretty often, but have yet to have issues with them. Actually seen more red fox this year then yotes. Which is a first in many years. That stupid husky comes back it's game over for it. I spoke with several of the neighbors last evening. They are keeping an eye out for it. 2 of them will shoot it for sure. Only person that acted weird are the Mexicans that rent the place up the lane from me. Not bad people, but not really hillbillies either. The wife didn't seem to understand that we don't have animal control, and the local cops have better things to do then search for a feral dog. I was honestly a bit surprised, they have a young kid and 2 small dogs, but to each their own.
Thanks.
I saw a red fox in the city down in Ohio last week, young one. It was pretty street smart, I watched it hanging back in the shadows (in the evening) waiting to cross the street.
Few yrs ago in the spring I told the neighbors across the rd that there was a coon running around, nothing abnormal living in the river valley, but they had a bunch of young chickens in a very unsecured chicken tractor. They couldn't have cared at all, next day the wife was talking to them and it had killed/eaten most of them. Some people have to learn the hard way.

Thanks Steve and guys for the birthday wishes. It was a fun day in St. Louis and vicinity. Lewis and Clark Historical Site and the Big Muddy up on the Great Road in Illinois.
The Fall foliage on the Great River Road is pretty good. But then you being from the NE, yours aint too shabby either.

IMO, the Sugar Maple is by far the prettiest tree in the Fall, with the possibility of Yellow, Orange and Red leaves. Unfortunately, there seem to be fewer of them than there used to be, with Norway Maple (an invasive that was widely planted in NYC) becoming much more common.

Beautiful Fall Foliage used to be more reliable every year than it is now.

Looked up splitting elm, in a few places. Suggestions were:

- use a hydraulic splitter; and/ or

- cut it into shorter lengths for hand splitting; and/or

- wait until it is hard frozen to split.

Philbert
Thanks 👍 when I put it on the splitter I will let you know how it goes, might be tomorrow hopefully lol. I recently split a bunch of pin oak and that was kinda stringy more so than red or white.

Well, the hinges I got for the big shop doors arnt going to work out. I didn't realize they are surface mount style hinges and not like a normal door hinge. Going to stop off at Paul b Zimmermans after work and see what they have to offer. My wife decreed she wants my stuff out of the basement before August is over, and I'm not moving my tool boxes out till I can lock the shop up. Won't clear out the man cave till the room is completely closed off and I have heat and ac to it. Don't want my reloading stuff getting rusty.
Which brings me to a question. Anyone have any experience with smaller cheaper mini split units, or know of a small wall mounted ac unit? Preferably something that won't break the bank. Heat isn't such an issue, but keeping the humidity down is a must.
I run a dehumidifier nonstop, I have too much invested in my rifles to let them rust

Those are some mean firewood machines! That trailer looks super HD.
It has a good frame,, then the entire metal part,, sides and floor is 1/4 check plate,, its a lil heavy,,, you cant hurt it.
Tows very well surge brakes.
A good story behind its acquisition,,

Back