Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Fall foliage on the Great River Road is pretty good. But then you being from the NE, yours aint too shabby either.
I recall reading the New England has the best foliage. I bet the Fall foliage along the river would be nice to see. Further up North it would probably be better.

For all you auto guys, pressure on our suburban ac shows 45. Should it not be in the low 20's and if so how does one bring it down. Working but not so well.
What is your vent temp? I always try to charge it by weight (if its empty) and when I get close I sloooowwwwly feed it in until my vent temp stabilizes and stops dropping. I do this typically at 1500rpm. If its not empty and I am topping off I still use the vent temp method. My little work beater '98 corolla has 40 degree air coming from the vents.

I usually use the high/low pressures as a reference to make sure the charge is where it needs to be when I am done. idling typically runs 30-40 on the low side. low 20s idling is getting kinda low in my experience as when you are running any RPMs you may kick out on low pressure.

Seriously! Did Allen Funt jump out when you got it on the hoist?
Had to look that up forgot about Candid Camera.
Good way to burn your car up. Add a few sparks when hot and light her up.
If nobody got hurt that'd be the best thing for this car!
F-in , brilliant Lol 😆
I know...dang near fell to my knees I was laughing so hard.
Good way to make dry kindling.
I was thinking the same thing.

Lol I kept my word 😉 the tree service is out today taking the whole tree down. Doesn't look like I will get any more 😞. A big branch broke off and took out quite a bit of power lines and a few poles, after the power company left my dad took care of the branch for the neighbor. It's probably 28-32" at the base

I run a dehumidifier nonstop, I have too much invested in my rifles to let them rust
I have a big dehumidifier down in the basement. Even though it's a walk out and only 1/2 buried in the hill, every sumer it gets a bit damp. Hasnt been too bad this summer, been able to keep it around 20% humidity so far.

How green / dry was it?

Thanks.

Philbert
Just cut 2-3 days ago. It was a huge green limb that fell. Healthy as heck. Just was splitting off the main stem and guy chained it together a long time ago it looked like. No wind either that day. We have had our fair share of 30-60mph winds too. Crazy

What is your vent temp? I always try to charge it by weight (if its empty) and when I get close I sloooowwwwly feed it in until my vent temp stabilizes and stops dropping. I do this typically at 1500rpm. If its not empty and I am topping off I still use the vent temp method. My little work beater '98 corolla has 40 degree air coming from the vents.

I usually use the high/low pressures as a reference to make sure the charge is where it needs to be when I am done. idling typically runs 30-40 on the low side. low 20s idling is getting kinda low in my experience as when you are running any RPMs you may kick out on low pressure.
Thank you. I dong have a reading on the vent temp but I'm guessing way too warm. 60's at best.

Back