Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PSA to make sure your old equipment has good shifter boots and does not have water in the transmission. Classic rust pitting from water settling, now a few hour differential/brake seal job just got a whole lot harder as I believe I will have to pull the differential shaft out to get the cone off. I was going to just toss a new cup on it but a few of the rollers are pitted up so I might as well do it right.

Hopefully a puller exists or I can make one that will sneak in and pull the cone off to save tearing the whole rear end apart. We have 2 more of these tractors that I am sure are also full of water so probably would be worth my time to figure out if its possible.

View attachment 1189622 View attachment 1189623

Weld a bead around race,it doesn't need to be pretty,when it cools it'll shrink race a few thousands, just enough that often you can pull with fingers

Thankfully, thats quite a few years off...like 10-12 ish, so not so far off. 😬

I got myself a pack of double stuff oreos... 🤫

That's funny I got a box of regular ones and a half gallon of milk today as well 😂

Great minds... I got 2 gallons of milk though.

That's funny, I ate 8 of them for a snack today.

That's about 1/2 cup of sugar right there.

I'm up to 4 now lol. I always dip 2 at a time in milk 😋. I will probably eat 10 more tonight since the wife is out of town 😆

Welcome to "Scrounging Oreo's and other stuff"

You’re headed to Nashville huh?

My mother lives just west of Knoxville, Harriman
No not this trip leaving early Sunday morning but I’m making a slight detour to Cove TN . One of the guys that’s on my Chevy board has a friend with a supposedly real clean square body single cab dually that’s for sale . Said it was reasonably priced but not sure of the exact price.

The gear vendor units are nice, we put one in my cousins 74-f150 don't think he'd go back to driving that truck without it.
I would rather the venders than an electronic 6 speed transmission
@WoodAbuser that was pretty cool how you did timeline quotes 👍
Hit the +quote button on each post you want to quote. When you got to the message area there will be a multiple quotes box hit that

I would rather the venders than an electronic 6 speed transmission

Hit the +quote button on each post you want to quote. When you got to the message area there will be a multiple quotes box hit that
I tend to agree, I prefer stick most of the time.

I've owned new trucks since 1972, thank God they have figured out how to build them better!!

Resized-20240628-110239.jpg

That's the other day with a medium sized load in the covered bed, AC running and a comfortable ride, for several hours, (over 800 miles) on mostly flat freeway, it still easily stays over 20 mpg in the hills and around town.

I have the best pu I've ever owned right now; I wouldn't trade it even for two new older trucks, IF I had to use and drive them!

Been there done that! lol

BTW, there's a 355 hp V8 under the hood, and it's 4wd!

SR
So,what is it?Make, model, etc.

No not this trip leaving early Sunday morning but I’m making a slight detour to Cove TN . One of the guys that’s on my Chevy board has a friend with a supposedly real clean square body single cab dually that’s for sale . Said it was reasonably priced but not sure of the exact price.
You realize you have a problem…right?🤣
Next you’ll be building a new warehouse for all your trucks 😁
Takes up more space than chainsaws, but, what the heck? 🤣
We gotta have hobbies…

if I ever hit the lotto or find one super cheap I'd replace the expedition with an eco-boost f-150 in a heart beat. Bunch of guys at work have them and everyone speaks favorably about them.
I got very lucky ... I went at the right time and the right month (rebates are by month).

In April 2019 I went to look at a Ranger and concluded it was just too small. This was on the lot, so the salesman asked: "what about this?"

I told him I could not spend that much on a truck. He said he could give me a deal; I told him it better be a very good deal!

They had an additional $5,000 rebate on my engine that month, plus some other ones.

With a near worthless trade in (a 9-year-old rusted out Escape) I got this for $36,000!!! It was just incredible luck I was in the right place at the right time just before prices exploded! Every now and then you get lucky ... or as Imus used to say: "When that gold ring passes by, you better grab it".

Attachments

• F-150WindowSticker.pdf
    430.3 KB · Views: 0
Boy, you guys are BAD!!!

As I get older, I really have to watch what I eat as junk food just seems to stick to me.

Been working very hard to keep the weight down ... currently at 185 lbs and 6'1". That said, I have always been light for my height, but it seems to get tougher and tougher to keep it that way!

Dang, that's pretty good. I have to baby my truck's acceleration to get 17 mpg. Do v8 in general, get better gas mileage than v6?
My buddy has a ford with a turbo V6, empty it's about 1 mpg better than my V8, put any kind of trailer behind it and my V8 is 3 to 5 mpg better depending on the size of the trailer and load.

SR

Back