Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on road and ambient temps. It's a lot more expensive than just using salt or salt brine.
Yes temps make a huge difference. Was talking about potassium chloride as a apposed to calcium . Never heard potassium being used

I should have made that clearer

I ended up picking the kids up from daycare after work yesterday. I ran into the director and she started in on me about what we wanted to discuss at our meeting. (Which is today at 2:00.) Basically told her we had concerns with some things going on that needed addressed, and would further discuss it at the meeting when my wife was present. She didn't seem to like that answer, but let it go. Already not looking forward to the meeting.

Yes temps make a huge difference. Was talking about potassium chloride as a apposed to calcium . Never heard potassium being used

I should have made that clearer
Oh, yes, i mistook that. Calcium chloride is used, not potassium chloride. Potassium chloride doesn't have as effective of a temp range as calcium chloride.

I guess if you complain enough you get results . As you guys know I went to Tennessee for a truck show . I had booked a Hampton by Hilton hotel for my stay . Get there and there’s a sign “Pool closed for cleaning “ after 7 hours in a truck with no ac I was looking forward to a dip in the pool . Get up to the 4th floor and almost was tripped by the hallway rug the seam was coming apart in the middle of the hallway . Next day go to the show get back pool is still closed . I complained about that and the rug so they moved me to the third floor and the couch in the room looked like they found it on the side of the road . So one more night there so I really didn’t want to change hotels . When I got home got a email from Hilton about my stay , I’m a Hilton honors member man I went off on them . Today I get an email from the hotel since they are a privately owned franchise. They refunded my $ 585 .

Now, that’s a company that appreciates their customer base! When I traveled frequently I often stayed at Hampton Inn as they were frequently where I needed to be and quality of the establishment was always consistently high. Happy for you with the outcome! I have been retired now for 16 years so I imagine some locations are do for some TLC.

I guess if you complain enough you get results . As you guys know I went to Tennessee for a truck show . I had booked a Hampton by Hilton hotel for my stay . Get there and there’s a sign “Pool closed for cleaning “ after 7 hours in a truck with no ac I was looking forward to a dip in the pool . Get up to the 4th floor and almost was tripped by the hallway rug the seam was coming apart in the middle of the hallway . Next day go to the show get back pool is still closed . I complained about that and the rug so they moved me to the third floor and the couch in the room looked like they found it on the side of the road . So one more night there so I really didn’t want to change hotels . When I got home got a email from Hilton about my stay , I’m a Hilton honors member man I went off on them . Today I get an email from the hotel since they are a privately owned franchise. They refunded my $ 585 .

I was traveling once and had a similar thing happen with the pool. Then the AC in the room blew lukewarm but I had been driving all night and didn't have the energy to protest. I just needed a place to rest so I did, went to the front desk the next morning and got a refund on my stay including the day I didn't use and just got back on the road.

If a hotel advertises it has a pool, they should have a pool not a puddle of leaves and nastiness breading bacteria.

More goodies in the mail 16 inch pusher fan for the 72 . I already have the wiring kit and temp probe . I tried towing the 68 on the car trailer the other day . While it didn’t overheat it got warm . Going to have the fan kick in at 195 and off at 180 . Forgot to add it was 97 degrees out when I towed IMG_8772.jpeg

We had a good chat with the director at daycare this afternoon. She was quite upset with what we and our daughter had to say about what's been happening recently. She said she would deal with the issue tomorrow morning, and assured us if there were any further issues with my daughter or reports from other parents the attendant lady would be let go. So long as I've known the director, she's always kept her word so I'm certain things will be handled.

New OEM dust shields for the yota came today too . I’m guessing directly from Japan since the newspaper is written in Japanese. These are made in Japan not China . The local dealer said it would be at least three weeks to get these I bought them from a dealer in Atlanta came in 3 days IMG_8776.jpegIMG_8777.jpeg

As I have posted before I had been chasing down a vibration in my 85 . The road force balancing helped tremendously but it was still there . I finished up the hubs today took it for a ride on 17 got it up to 75 no vibration was real smooth . Guessing the cup was shuttering in the hub as it was spinning

As I have posted before I had been chasing down a vibration in my 85 . The road force balancing helped tremendously but it was still there . I finished up the hubs today took it for a ride on 17 got it up to 75 no vibration was real smooth . Guessing the cup was shuttering in the hub as it was spinning
I hope they are the correct fit.. No matter the language on the packing.. I've been chasing some parts for an 82 Jeep. I've learned to not even bother with Napa ( Never Any Parts Available), Auto Zone, Advance, O'reilys.. They don't have or carry anything,,, it's almost always " we can't get it".. I just sent to Rock Auto for brake calipers and a master cylinder.. Comes delivered to the front door.. Other day I called O'reilys for wheel studs,,,,,, they told me they had 10,,, when I got there they only had 8.. WTF ?? They promised to send the others to the local store..... ( next town over). When I went there, they were the 3 different sizes.. Ya think someone needs slapped around ??? I'm having incompetence w/cheese for lunch.. Tastes like @#it though.. Maybe I'll try it wrapped in bacon... Any want to share a reliable source for Jeep stuff ??

What mushrooms are those? What state?
NY Thousand Islands. These are some yet unknown king bolete variety. The interesting characteristic I cannot yet determine is the sea green stain at the base of the stem. Could very well be a new species. These are associated with some grand old white oaks.

Latest posts

Back