Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's OK stuff. Not the end all be all. We used it on the trucks and conveyers/salt spreaders at the township. Needed re applied after the trucks got washed off, or we had rain for a week, or we plowed slush... Basically anytime the film got washed away. At minimum it will need reapplied yearly on the trucks we didn't plow with.

something didn't go right, used it several times with good results. Only thing I never liked about it is it needs top coated.(extra expense on an already very expensive product.) Switched to using a rust converter and 2 part epoxy paint on frames. My cousin did similar on his 74 f-150 frame back in 2014 and so far there still no signs of rust coming through.
Regarding POR-15; It says right on the can it is supposed to have paint over the top. At least the last can I bought said that.

Regarding Fluid Film, I use it on steel I don't want to rust that is generally stored inside. I know Easterners sometimes spray it on the underside of vehicles. It is better than no protection, but is easily removed, as Sean says, The tin worm is hard to kill. Different formulations of steel have varying resistance to the tin worm.

Latest posts

Back