Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's OK stuff. Not the end all be all. We used it on the trucks and conveyers/salt spreaders at the township. Needed re applied after the trucks got washed off, or we had rain for a week, or we plowed slush... Basically anytime the film got washed away. At minimum it will need reapplied yearly on the trucks we didn't plow with.

something didn't go right, used it several times with good results. Only thing I never liked about it is it needs top coated.(extra expense on an already very expensive product.) Switched to using a rust converter and 2 part epoxy paint on frames. My cousin did similar on his 74 f-150 frame back in 2014 and so far there still no signs of rust coming through.
Regarding POR-15; It says right on the can it is supposed to have paint over the top. At least the last can I bought said that.

Regarding Fluid Film, I use it on steel I don't want to rust that is generally stored inside. I know Easterners sometimes spray it on the underside of vehicles. It is better than no protection, but is easily removed, as Sean says, The tin worm is hard to kill. Different formulations of steel have varying resistance to the tin worm.

Did cross country in 2017 on motorcycles was a very interesting experience. Plan on doing it again View attachment 1206032View attachment 1206033View attachment 1206034View attachment 1206035
I too was pleasantly surprised in the Mojave and Death Valley.. One time in the Armagosa desert I ran through a swarm of grasshoppers, it was blood and guts all over the bike. I also learned to stay the !@#$ out of Commufornia.. Although the northern part on the coast was nice.. My favorite ride was going over Westgard Pass into Big Pine area..

I made two longer trips on my bike, first one was 12,300 miles and the second one was 15,000 miles, both started out in Alaska.

I've been over the ALCAN HI-WAY 13 times total, may go again someday, haven't decided if I really want to or not...yet. I have been all over the US and most of Canada on a bike though.

I'm not at all interested in taking longer trips on a bike anymore, even though I still have a few...

SR

I too was pleasantly surprised in the Mojave and Death Valley.. One time in the Armagosa desert I ran through a swarm of grasshoppers, it was blood and guts all over the bike. I also learned to stay the !@#$ out of Commufornia.. Although the northern part on the coast was nice.. My favorite ride was going over Westgard Pass into Big Pine area..
We stayed in the northern part of California for the most part spent the weekend at Monterey bay then headed to Arizona .

Hey @MechanicMatt , what did you choose?
Saw this today and was thinking of you :happy: . Another vette just happened to be a couple cars in front of him. Are these things super charged, looked like it said that on it.
20240922_152910.jpg
Had these guys munching on debris in the back yard, they seemed to prefer the cherry, but tr8ed a little bit of everything :sweet:.
20240922_081548.jpg

Last of the free oak. Glad that's over. Been working 126-138.5 hrs per two week periods. Swing shifts too. But managed to get this done today in the rain. I worked night shift got home at 7am got a few hours sleep and got the oak home. 3 trailer loads and some in the truck bed. Fun thing is I have to get up at 330 am and back to work for 12.5 hrs IMG_20240922_160503183_HDR.jpgIMG_20240922_155805337_HDR.jpgIMG_20240922_155755531.jpg

Latest posts

Back