Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woohoo!

Figured out the choke problem on the 620P. The choke plate was only closing about 75% and the high idle was not working (that's the reason he told me that he was selling it for $175.) I fiddled with it for a few minutes tonight and decided to remove the plate from the shaft. When I did, the shaft rotated past the required travel for choke and high idle operation. I lined it all back up and reinstalled the plate. Now it closes nearly completely, and the high idle linkage engages. Works on the bench, but I figured 10:00 was just a little too late to test start it. I'm highly confident that it will make starting easier, though, and hopefully correct the occasional odd idle behavior.

This calls for a beer. Feel free to get one for yourself too. 🍺

Tree guys my in-laws hired a while back left a good portion of this large white oak whole just into the woods. They’re on vacation and I was tasked with feeding the koi in the pond and watering the flowers and gardens while they are gone. My father in law had asked me about making a few cuts on this to clean it up a bit better. Big ole heavy white oak, 24” bar on the 462 and brought the 400 with a 20” just incase. This tree almost justified me getting a 661. 24 on the 462 was ok but really needed more. I will say the 462 buried with a 24 still pulls harder than the 400 with a 20.

View attachment 1180097View attachment 1180098View attachment 1180099
Yep white oak is a bear to cut, feels like it’s the hardest wood I’ve cut by far. For reference, my modded 590 has zero struggle in pine, cedar, or even red oak buried with a 24. The white oak made it nearly unbearably slow, to the point where I thought my chain was dull as soon I started cutting. Nope, it was still razor sharp

Biggest expense on my electric bill is the service charge which they charge no matter what as long as the meter is hooked up . I’d be “saving” a whopping 30-40 $ a month
Our electric Cooperative runs that scam too. And the further you are from town the more you pay in fees.

A lot of people in rural areas are going to generators for their seasonal places because you’re spending over $1000 a year on electrical service fees even if you’re not there.

Our electric Cooperative runs that scam too. And the further you are from town the more you pay in fees.

A lot of people in rural areas are going to generators for their seasonal places because you’re spending over $1000 a year on electrical service fees even if you’re not there.
It really BS. I was having work done at my rental needed some new wiring and a new meter pan and panel . The power company was informed and they came out and took the meter . The electrician doing the work did it mostly by cordless tools and when needed a small generator . This was for a month and a half . Then Central Hudson sent me an estimated bill and it took me 3 months to get them to revise the bill .

Electrical bill for my friend's cabin was $130 per month with zero usage. He told them take your meter and go away.

My office is small and a lot of times it is just me running a laptop and a couple of computer monitors. In town (small town so we use rural electric) it is about $70 a month with no usage. Running one air conditioner in the summer balloons it to about $200 per month.

It really BS. I was having work done at my rental needed some new wiring and a new meter pan and panel . The power company was informed and they came out and took the meter . The electrician doing the work did it mostly by cordless tools and when needed a small generator . This was for a month and a half . Then Central Hudson sent me an estimated bill and it took me 3 months to get them to revise the bill .

Electrical bill for my friend's cabin was $130 per month with zero usage. He told them take your meter and go away.

My office is small and a lot of times it is just me running a laptop and a couple of computer monitors. In town (small town so we use rural electric) it is about $70 a month with no usage. Running one air conditioner in the summer balloons it to about $200 per month.
Man, ypu guys are getting ripped off big time! Our "service fee" is calculated off how much electric you use. I've never seen one lower then $35.00 month though. Always thought that was a rip off for not using any electric.

So the 562xp I was waiting to get on my bench, turned out to be a 572xp.... yeah this one doesn't have many good parts on it since it's been pancaked. Both case half's are broken, handle is bent, top cover, tank handle.... some how the brake lever made it so I pulled that off. Shame really it's not a high hour saw. He'd like to fix it up as a spare saw but at this point, unless I find a non runner for cheap, it's not gonna be worth more then a parts saw.

Attachments

• 20240528_101239.jpg
    20240528_101239.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240528_101232.jpg
    20240528_101232.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240528_095546.jpg
    20240528_095546.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240528_095538.jpg
    20240528_095538.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
So the 562xp I was waiting to get on my bench, turned out to be a 572xp.... yeah this one doesn't have many good parts on it since it's been pancaked. Both case half's are broken, handle is bent, top cover, tank handle.... some how the brake lever made it so I pulled that off. Shame really it's not a high hour saw. He'd like to fix it up as a spare saw but at this point, unless I find a non runner for cheap, it's not gonna be worth more then a parts saw.
Used to be able to buy a complete case/rotating assembly for 250 delivered.
LGB!

New pads and rotors on the frontier View attachment 1179864View attachment 1179865and found the new tires are made in the US Nokias Outposts View attachment 1179866and this was interesting imprinted wear markings View attachment 1179867
Is that black paint supposed to be left on, doesn't it clog the pads?
Backyard scrounging - took down a dead cherry tree by the barn that I probably should have done a few years ago. I waited for Brett at the Speedway station, but he didn't show, so I attacked it myself. Both stems went where I was aiming for, despite my slightly angled back cuts. I am pleasantly surprised at how solid it still is, both for felling it and for making it into firewood. View attachment 1179898View attachment 1179899
Now that I see you're finished, guess I can leave speedway, never even got a text:buttkick: 😆.

Man, ypu guys are getting ripped off big time! Our "service fee" is calculated off how much electric you use. I've never seen one lower then $35.00 month though. Always thought that was a rip off for not using any electric.
You are getting ripped off too!

I have a building that doesn't use much electricity in the winter, the TOTAL monthly bill is $13.00 a month (sometimes even less) for those months...

SR

You are getting ripped off too!

I have a building that doesn't use much electricity in the winter, the TOTAL monthly bill is $13.00 a month (sometimes even less) for those months...

SR
No doubt I'm getting screwed.

Used to be able to buy a complete case/rotating assembly for 250 delivered.
LGB!
thanks, I'll look into that. I know I used to be able to get 562xp cases for $200.00 to the door, and bearings alone cost all but that. $250.00 seems good for a complete case. First 572xp I've had to do any major work to. Last one was a 576xp and it wasn't worth fixing till he was done running it over with the skidder.

Back