Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear that. She doing ok with it?
Ehhhhh, every day is better than the last

Lots of tears on Wednesday, just try to keep her time occupied so she doesn’t dwell on it

Luckily she’s talking to a good kid and he took her to her favorite restaurant last night and has been helping keep her mind off the “sadness”

So happy she is finally talking to a boy I approve of

Uncle Mike, it’s the tall kid from her Graduation party that showed up in the old Camaro

This kid works full time, college full time, then a second part time job

Has good parents that make him pay for everything himself

AND even the wife likes this one….

Ehhhhh, every day is better than the last

Lots of tears on Wednesday, just try to keep her time occupied so she doesn’t dwell on it

Luckily she’s talking to a good kid and he took her to her favorite restaurant last night and has been helping keep her mind off the “sadness”

So happy she is finally talking to a boy I approve of

Uncle Mike, it’s the tall kid from her Graduation party that showed up in the old Camaro

This kid works full time, college full time, then a second part time job

Has good parents that make him pay for everything himself

AND even the wife likes this one….
Reminds me of my niece. She had one boy interested in her that was NO good at all. After raising his voice to her at Thanksgiving one year, several of us men ( her dad ,us uncle's and her grown cousins) took him outside and explained it was in his best interest to leave an not to get within 500' of her.
Then there was a couple fellas that had me watching like a hawk, and then she finally met Isaac. She chuckled the day I told her I was cautiously optimistic about him and had even put the safety back in on ol Betsy!

What type of wood do you suppose the posts and beams are? My father-in-law's barn is early 1900's vintage, constructed from whatever was fairly straight and easily accessible, some beech, some elm, some sugar maple. It has not held nearly as well as your building.
Pretty sure the beams and posts that aren’t in ground contact are American chestnut

Now it’s out of hand!

Police warned us of ’scrappers’ stealing copper wire from our street lights. Now, they are stealing our streets and our sewer pipes!

Seem to be an organized group. But there are guys in State and City trucks that just sit there and watch them!
IMG_7638.jpeg
IMG_7639.jpeg

EDIT: making fun of the construction headaches. Some folks thought I was really talking about stealing building materials.

Philbert

Back