Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should try the marine world. We have to buy parts for our big in-line 6 Yanmars through Detroit Diesel, and parts for our little 4 cylinder Yanmars through John Deere, despite the fact that we've been a Yanmar dealer for 30 years.

Don't even get me started on the Westerbeke/Kubota relationship.
Only marine diesel experience I have is a set of Perkins saber engines in a 90 foot cat. They would come up from cape horn to Baltimore for the parade of boats. I'd get to do the pm on them, check the overhead, fix anything minor on them. (Just the engines) always got a good meal from the on board chef before I left. One of the highlights each year for me. Other then that, everything else I've worked on has been gas powered.

Are there any 4 cylinder Wisconsin engine fans on here. I have a 30hp Vh4d serial 5088621. I'm trying to figure out what year it was built. I have searched the net but only found that the 3rd and 4th digit determine the year. I'm wondering if it is possible that this motor is a 1988? The article also stated that early years only use the 3rd number. How do they put it in a certain decade. Is it by the 1st number? The reason I need a year is because they used 2 different oil filter types in these. TIA

Pretty sure Vince( @Vtrombly ) is familiar with them, but he's not on here often as his schedule is very busy. Maybe @Brufab can get in touch with him and ask him to hop on and help you.
Hey guys @Brufab called. Ok I have seen that method used before but it's a catch 22 I've seen some with a serial like that and then on another tag it will have like NOV 66 or something to that effect. But not all hope Is lost. You can call continental engines here is their phone number 800-922-5632 the used to have a couple guys that were very good at establishing that information. At least they did when I was working on the S14D that I was working on. If that comes up empty I'll keep looking on here for what goes on and I'll look more if needed. Have a blessed evening everyone.

Hey guys @Brufab called. Ok I have seen that method used before but it's a catch 22 I've seen some with a serial like that and then on another tag it will have like NOV 66 or something to that effect. But not all hope Is lost. You can call continental engines here is their phone number 800-922-5632 the used to have a couple guys that were very good at establishing that information. At least they did when I was working on the S14D that I was working on. If that comes up empty I'll keep looking on here for what goes on and I'll look more if needed. Have a blessed evening everyone.
Thank you sir. I will call them on Monday.

Rolled into the farm a little before 8am, Buck was chasing a doe in circles all around the field!!!

Meanwhile a spike horn Buck was just watching

I could have punched a tag as my pals yard sale didn’t start until 9am, but I figured why chase the big buck off. Let him have his lady

Uncle Mike, his rack was past his ears!!!!IMG_8818.jpeg

He’s lucky it’s early Doe season and not early youth, the rack on him….. id quickly have identified as a 14 year old

I mean, my wife tells me I act like a child all the time
I sympathize, my wife tells everyone I'm her third child.. Can't say she's totally wrong either.

What’s the tow rig??
IH Travelall, late 60's early 70's. I had a 71 for a few months, but it needed more help than I could give. I was surprised, though, as it was a 4x4 and had power steering and power brakes which was not a common setup on 4x4 rigs at the time.
IMG_6261.jpeg

Latest posts

Back