Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it tastes like chicken 🐔 :laughing:.
Haven't eaten duck in many yrs, don't even remember if I enjoyed it or not.
What's a can?

I can't upload any of my pics now, but I just uploaded the one of the vette yesterday. Just tried one that was 1.4mg, no go. When I'm on my laptop I can screenshot them as thats what I normally do. Bummer I can't just load them up from my phone anymore 😕.
Can = Canvasback duck.

So it tastes like chicken 🐔 :laughing:.
Haven't eaten duck in many yrs, don't even remember if I enjoyed it or not.
What's a can?

I can't upload any of my pics now, but I just uploaded the one of the vette yesterday. Just tried one that was 1.4mg, no go. When I'm on my laptop I can screenshot them as thats what I normally do. Bummer I can't just load them up from my phone anymore 😕.
Can-short for canvasback.

This new photo thing is ridiculous. And I’ve tried to PM the admin and they don’t seem to understand what I’m saying. they’re telling me that they pick up to 20.5 MB but that’s definitely not the case.

Still waiting on a can. They are supposedly the most tasty wild duck if they have been eating the right stuff.

Side note: domestic duck is delicious-for those who have never tried it, I highly suggest you do. It reminds me of new york strip but without the beefiness. Lends itself to a fruit sauce like black cherry or orange.
Some of my favorite eats , IMG_3792.jpeg

Bob
Does the rider you are working on have a elect. solenoid under the float bowl? If it does the rubber seat is swollen and causing a restriction with the main jet. Remove the rubber seat and install a manual gas shut off on gas line, a lot cheaper than trying to get a new solenoid.
Hope this helps.

Bob
Does the rider you are working on have a elect. solenoid under the float bowl? If it does the rubber seat is swollen and causing a restriction with the main jet. Remove the rubber seat and install a manual gas shut off on gas line, a lot cheaper than trying to get a new solenoid.
Hope this helps.
I had a carburetor solenoid problem with a motor once. I pulled the solenoid and put a plug in the hole.

I have one on my simplicity at the cabin and when it warmed up it would run lean and heat up. I like Bob was at wits end and looking for a restriction The solenoid rubber seats on the main jet when shut off to prevent fuel from getting into engine when parked. The gas tank is above the motor, so I removed the rubber seat and installed the manual shut off and it runs now.

Can-short for canvasback.

This new photo thing is ridiculous. And I’ve tried to PM the admin and they don’t seem to understand what I’m saying. they’re telling me that they pick up to 20.5 MB but that’s definitely not the case.

I'm testing and trying to figure out why you're having an issue. As far as I know, no one else is.

I'll run it by the tech guy to see if I'm missing anything.

I never had goose myself. I take that back. Dad went once and brought home a goose. Mom baked it like a turkey. Tough meat. Supposedly, a domestic goose is a German Christmas tradition. Tried baking a wild duck once with the same results. Now I fillet each breast, pound them flat, flour them and sear in hot olive oil until no blood comes out. Much better.

Was your goose still juicy and tender?
Goose Jerky is the only goose I’ve had… It was one of the items offered up by the chef at the Ruffed Grouse Society Game Dinner held in Mahopac some years ago…

Goose Jerky is the only goose I’ve had… It was one of the items offered up by the chef at the Ruffed Grouse Society Game Dinner held in Mahopac some years ago…
They shoot a lot of snow geese around here and some hunters just throw them away. If I got a fresh one, I'd just grind it up into burger or sausage.

Bob
Hope this helps.
Thanks. I deleted it. No change.

I never had goose myself. I take that back. Dad went once and brought home a goose. Mom baked it like a turkey. Tough meat. Supposedly, a domestic goose is a German Christmas tradition. Tried baking a wild duck once with the same results. Now I fillet each breast, pound them flat, flour them and sear in hot olive oil until no blood comes out. Much better.

Was your goose still juicy and tender?
It was, just not as tender as I prefer. I think where a lot of people go wrong is in thinking that it's wild game so they have to make sure it's well done. That's where ducks and geese get the reputation of being "tough and gamey". As long as it's treated like the piece of red meat that it is and you make sure that it's still nice and pink on the inside, I find it quite enjoyable.

It was, just not as tender as I prefer. I think where a lot of people go wrong is in thinking that it's wild game so they have to make sure it's well done. That's where ducks and geese get the reputation of being "tough and gamey". As long as it's treated like the piece of red meat that it is and you make sure that it's still nice and pink on the inside, I find it quite enjoyable.
Wild duck and goose definitely has a beef like quality when prepared properly. I like mine medium rare.

It does say that you can top coat it. I didn't see anywhere on the can saying that it had to be top coated. I have used this paint on a few other items and it seems to be holding up fine.
OK, I stand corrected. I saw samples of plain Por-15 coated and uncoated sheet steel dump[ed in the Mississippi River for a year. Por-15 was unscathed. Maybe it is the steel underneath.

I have a fender that was OE, factory, in 1975, and was painted like a 40s chevrolet, Many coats of lacquer. It has tiny bubbles in about a 1/2" grid. a tiny bubble every 1/2 inch, more or less. That has to be the underlying steel, perhaps coupled with not thoroughly degreased before priming. It was ok for the first 30-40 years. Weird.

IMO goose is better than most duck other than mallard, wood duck, teal, and redhead. Canada goose is better than snow/blue.

Sandhill cranes (protected by our idiots in MN but huntable other places) is supposed to be amazing. Also swan (not huntable unless you are native) is supposed to be really good.

Latest posts

Back