Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An edge coming through shortly.....about 20 miles west of me and heading east......should be partly sunny with a high of 46 'Merican this afternoon......gonna see if I can get the CJ 7 going this afternoon...been a yr or better.....gonna start work on it soon so it can be ready to transplant to the island this spring.....no inspection or registration needed there.....don't gotta be pretty....just gotta be mechanically sound as there is no garage fix it there there either....

Got the ol' CJ running....little saw mix down the carb....did the trick....took 2-3 aplications before she got her gas up from the tank....but she come to it!!!

Whizzed that around the shop yard a few times and got things loosend up.....lol!!!

Had piles of rain lately so the roads are clear of salt so I took the turtle out for some exercise....about 35 miles this afternoon.....

Hew you know the rules , pix or it didn't happen ! :D

Well you've seen the turtle.....just took that for a drive to warm it up and charge the battery........the Jeep ain't much to look at......will get some pics before I start working on it.......had a cleaning fit here at home a week ago...sold off a couple autos I been saving to the Iron Pirate........96 Saab 900 and a 91 Dakota 4wd....got $400.00 for the pair...didn't have to lift a finger...made him dismount off the rims and return the Dakota tires to me as they were near new snow/traction tires......fit right on the Jeep's 10" rims.....last forever on the island.....gonna change them out first thing....

Well you've seen the turtle.....just took that for a drive to warm it up and charge the battery........the Jeep ain't much to look at......will get some pics before I start working on it.......had a cleaning fit here at home a week ago...sold off a couple autos I been saving to the Iron Pirate........96 Saab 900 and a 91 Dakota 4wd....got $400.00 for the pair...didn't have to lift a finger...made him dismount off the rims and return the Dakota tires to me as they were near new snow/traction tires......fit right on the Jeep's 10" rims.....last forever on the island.....gonna change them out first thing....
Always liked them CJs , had 2 -5s and one 7 . The first CJ5 had a 327 Chevy in it , SOB would stand up when ya grabbed second ! LOL Traded it for a Fire Bird , just had my first Daughter , didn't need that thing ! LOL The bird was a little safer . LOL

Yeah this old CJ7 has the 258 straight 6, two barrel , 4 spd.......148,000 miles......island ready....not a wheelie machine...LOL!! You can only get up to 45 mph safely in a couple places on the island...rest of the time it's 5-25 mph. Though the school teachers husband brought a '63 Ford Galaxy with a 427 experimental with 2 4bbls on the island back in the mid 70's......LOL!! My friend Steve said they got her up to a buck twenty one night on the flat just east of town.....tar road but just wide enough for two cars to pass......corner at the end.....Stevie said he wasn't sure she was gonna go around it.....but she did........loudly.....

Yeah this old CJ7 has the 258 straight 6, two barrel , 4 spd.......148,000 miles......island ready....not a wheelie machine...LOL!! You can only get up to 45 mph safely in a couple places on the island...rest of the time it's 5-25 mph. Though the school teachers husband brought a '63 Ford Galaxy with a 427 experimental with 2 4bbls on the island back in the mid 70's......LOL!! My friend Steve said they got her up to a buck twenty one night on the flat just east of town.....tar road but just wide enough for two cars to pass......corner at the end.....Stevie said he wasn't sure she was gonna go around it.....but she did........loudly.....
Like to have that old Ford now !
My CJ7 had the smaller straight 6 , 231 maybe ? Hard to get out of its own way ! LOL

Still a pile of those ole things out there running around, seen just about any engine made put into them. The newer 3 liter class V6`s work really well in them, the older carbed V8`s were overkill but sure a lot of them were converted to SB Chevy power. I know where there is a newer M38 totally restored sitting waiting for me to bring it home. Retired forces mechanic restored it down to the last bolt n nut, never set outside since its resto.

Still a pile of those ole things out there running around, seen just about any engine made put into them. The newer 3 liter class V6`s work really well in them, the older carbed V8`s were overkill but sure a lot of them were converted to SB Chevy power. I know where there is a newer M38 totally restored sitting waiting for me to bring it home. Retired forces mechanic restored it down to the last bolt n nut, never set outside since its resto.
I would love to have one like that !! I would even be happy with one just to run around the hills right here ! LOL

Good morning fellows trying to finish up the shift for the night. -10 here with a frigid -25 wind.chill. I hope its better where your at.

Back