The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've went from a drought to a flood in the last couple of days, mud to you hiney, miserable weather, creek overflowing. It would have been nice if the moisture would have been spread out a little instead of torrential rain and runoff. I hate this kind of weather, one word sums it up, miserable. Everything gets slick as snot, mud covered, wet, and cold. Clean up takes longer. Water gaps get washed out, have to dig out the waders as soon as the creek gets low enough to string the fence back up across it. Did I mention I hate this kind of weather?

It was such a lorvely day today. I went out to the thinning project to get a load of firewood. Well, I guess I could write some blues lyrics--I ran out of gas and my chain got dull..duh duhhh duh duhhhhh.

Then, while packing the chunks to the pickup, I saw what looked to be a slopping backcut! Since I was the cutter, it worried me. Then I realized that I had cut the stump after the tree was down so all was well with the world. No slopping cut was used. Relief.

Muppets? come on man :tongue2:

Mine was the flat square tin one with the Thundercats on it

Mine was Rambo. . . Which was the last production metal one made. They stopped making metal ones because "kids could use them as weapons". Shows ya how far back the stupidity started.:dizzy:

Mine was Rambo. . . Which was the last production metal one made. They stopped making metal ones because "kids could use them as weapons". Shows ya how far back the stupidity started.:dizzy:

Dude, Rambo came out when I was a little kid.... Nate.... did you have a metal Rambo lunchbox in High School :msp_w00t:

Late 70's man, Muppets were where it was at! :D

Cool sky today...
005-4.jpg

that's a good'n, It looked about like that and snowed like a sum##### on our job by Roger's Lake

I can't remember whether I whined or just quietly accepted the fact that I had to use it. My sister, had a cowboy/girl dream when she was in the lower grades of elementary school. She picked out (what I would love to have now) a Roy Rogers Chuckwagon lunchpail. It was metal and in the traditional shape. The shape also shared by the Donald Duck Schoolbus lunchpail.

We were broke, so I got the hand me downs. I felt odd. No other girl had such a thing. They all had the new square lunchpails--Barbie was very popular. Oh well.

The next year we moved to another neighborhood, and I was relieved to be able to get a more girly lunchpail.
We couldn't afford the Barbies but we got plaid colored square lunchpails.

By 4th grade, sacks were more cool to have.

S'posed to snow on us like a ##### starting Saturday, and thru the week. Temps by Wednesday are supposed to be 29° for a high, and teens for the lows. :mad2:

Uncle Jake, feel like get'n some wood with old Nater? :D

Prolly gonna go out Friday and hit it hard.

S'posed to snow on us like a ##### starting Saturday, and thru the week. Temps by Wednesday are supposed to be 29° for a high, and teens for the lows. :mad2:

Uncle Jake, feel like get'n some wood with old Nater? :D

Prolly gonna go out Friday and hit it hard.

I'd give my middle nut to go out cuttin this week but I gots to work and I''m pretty sure calling in sick again would earn me an ass whoopin
Plus, I wouldn't hardly know what to do, "what, we have to load this #### in the truck? I thought we were just gonna leave it, that's what I do" :biggrin::biggrin:

Frankly, I've never understood what's the major idea of using a scale set on a temperature measured from the horse's ass, but this quote explains it all...

Ok, I'm on Fahrenheit from now on. Maybe I should ditch Linux as well.

Went visiting. Cut down a wild cherry using a humbolt. Will I suffer in the afterlife forever?

I'd give my middle nut to go out cuttin this week but I gots to work and I''m pretty sure calling in sick again would earn me an ass whoopin
Plus, I wouldn't hardly know what to do, "what, we have to load this #### in the truck? I thought we were just gonna leave it, that's what I do" :biggrin::biggrin:

I'm takin' yer place and secretly putting Hamm's in Nate's Thermos :hmm3grin2orange:

Be listenin' for a really loud expletive as the Thermos flies lifelessly through the air :laugh:

I'm takin' yer place and secretly putting Hamm's in Nate's Thermos :hmm3grin2orange:

Be listenin' for a really loud expletive as the Thermos flies lifelessly through the air :laugh:

haha, ole Nate only drinks that fancy assed microbrew stuff, you put hamm's in his thermos and he's likely to sock you one because he thought you pissed in it.

I was sayin a couple expletives myself today, mashed the #### outta my finger between a stud and a Jake-sized framing hammer swing. I thought for sure it was broken because I almost peed myself and the joint was bent backwards, but a couple x-rays later and I just look like a huge ##### because there's nothing wrong with it, sum##### still wont bend tho

Latest posts

Back