The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4° here at 8:30am. . . It was supposed to be 15°. :mad:

By Sunday, I think we'll be in the negatives, and we're supposed to get a lot of snow from that Pacific storm.

4° here at 8:30am. . . It was supposed to be 15°. :mad:

By Sunday, I think we'll be in the negatives, and we're supposed to get a lot of snow from that Pacific storm.

whoa, holy ####, Naterade. Glad I'm at home today curled up infront of the heater with the cat watching The Military Channel, what're you doin today? got all yer firewood yet?

Grinding on saws. . . Gonna have to shoot the gap between storms for firewood.

I don't like this Feb weather in Nov. :mad:

A sharp change in the weather pattern is imminent later today into tonight. A cold front will move through the area bringing widespread rainfall beginning this afternoon in Crescent City and slowly moving south through Thursday. Cooler air will move into the region on Friday as a cold upper level low moves south over Northern California. Snow levels are expected to fall to around 2000 feet by Friday evening.

The Hat Restoration

I've been waiting for a nasty day to do this project. Last Summer, short as it was, I ended up trading the Wildland Creatures hardhat for an older Mac T which needed a new suspension. I brought it out today.
First, I washed it
207480d1321483783-mact-rehab0001-jpg

207481d1321483784-mact-rehab0001_1-jpg

View attachment 207480View attachment 207481View attachment 207482View attachment 207483.
Then started cutting out pieces of leather.
207482d1321483787-mact-rehab0001_2-jpg

Now I'm stuck and frustrated. I can't remember how to thread this sewing machine. I am sure my modern one won't sew through the leather, but I think this old treadle will. I can't figure out the model, but I think it was made before 1930. As a last resort, I can drive out to a friend's house and look at hers.
207483d1321483789-mact-rehab0001_3-jpg

I have a feller buncher to pick up out there too. :) Sight unseen. I'll park it next to the log truck.

Last edited:
Well, I can't whine anymore about it, about my ####ing shoulder pad sliding down my suspenders toward the front, sometimes past my safety whistle, over and over, ####ing annoying, pausing, sometimes stopping, sometimes even setting my saw down or worse sliding the suspender strap off my shoulder to slide the ####er back into place. It was made worse by the duct tape on the torn up suspender strap-- this is all on my tool belt- old suspenders, so the pad wouldn't slide back up very easily.

For months. For years.

Thats what the whine would have been.

But Monday morning I tied a little string around its loop and through the suspenders. And it stays in place. All the time. And my life is so much better.

:msp_smile:

I learned to sew on Mom's old treadle Singer. . . It's been years, so I'd really have to think about how the thread runs. I used to know by heart.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JY2jonvOdoo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:)

That's a different configuration than mine. I got it sewing, but it would not do the leather. Sew (so:smile2:)
I stiched it together with an awl. Now I'll have to think some more, and that could hurt! :smile2:

I've been waiting for a nasty day to do this project. Last Summer, short as it was, I ended up trading the Wildland Creatures hardhat for an older Mac T which needed a new suspension. I brought it out today.
First, I washed it
207480d1321483783-mact-rehab0001-jpg

207481d1321483784-mact-rehab0001_1-jpg

You WASHED it? WASHED IT ???!!! Geeeez, there was enough valuable DNA in all that old sweat/crud built up on the liner to clone a whole logging crew. Or a couple of sets of fallers at least.

Please tell me that you're not going to put fuzzy-bunny stickers all over it when you're done or paint it pink or something. Please.

Washed it, geeeez.

Latest posts

Back