The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha, ole Nate only drinks that fancy assed microbrew stuff, you put hamm's in his thermos and he's likely to sock you one because he thought you pissed in it.

I was sayin a couple expletives myself today, mashed the #### outta my finger between a stud and a Jake-sized framing hammer swing. I thought for sure it was broken because I almost peed myself and the joint was bent backwards, but a couple x-rays later and I just look like a huge ##### because there's nothing wrong with it, sum##### still wont bend tho

Damn son, them fingers don't grow back ya know. :msp_ohmy:

Damn son, them fingers don't grow back ya know. :msp_ohmy:

LOL I thought for damn sure it was broke, even grizzled Vietnam Vet Huey door gunner Dale looked at it and said "yep, that ####er's broke, hurts, don't it" now I'm gonna have to put up with a giant ration of #### tomorrow at work because it's not broke, I have an itchin feeling that it's gonna earn me a new nickname

You should just cut it off now. It's only going to get in the way.

Yah, we even went to George's house. I went to the crypt as well. Amazing on how many bastard step children got buried there.
Shouls have asked him what he thought but said tree wasn't being lined up just yet.

I'd give my middle nut to go out cuttin this week but I gots to work and I''m pretty sure calling in sick again would earn me an ass whoopin
Plus, I wouldn't hardly know what to do, "what, we have to load this #### in the truck? I thought we were just gonna leave it, that's what I do" :biggrin::biggrin:

Which one do you prefer Jake, a smashed finger or a whooped ass?

I'm off the bush already for this week. Knees hurt, shoulders hurt, back hurts, arms hurt: It must be this was a good week.

I hope you all had a good one and you'll get home safe. Fingers will heal and souls, well, they get scarred.

Nice weekend for all!

Sam

Pickups are exspensive to fix......cutting timber 4 hours from home sucks, especially when you drive by timber the whole ####in' way there......####### I'm a whiny little girl!

New saw setup is working out good though.

Hope you all had a good, safe week, Happy Vet's Day - Sam

Pickups are exspensive to fix......cutting timber 4 hours from home sucks, especially when you drive by timber the whole ####in' way there......####### I'm a whiny little girl!

New saw setup is working out good though.

Hope you all had a good, safe week, Happy Vet's Day - Sam

What's the new setup there mr. ?
Also, whatchou drankin on tonite, I got me a strange craving for 4 Loco so tonite's gonna be the drunken jitters :rock:

Coors Banquet. 460 with a light bar, max-flow and gutted muffler. The perfect scattered- cobby ass timber, 7600' elevation Bozeman saw. I think I am in love. I want another one.

Coors Banquet. 460 with a light bar, max-flow and gutted muffler. The perfect scattered- cobby ass timber, 7600' elevation Bozeman saw. I think I am in love. I want another one.

I love the #### outta my 460, it don't have a max-flo or light bar but the muffler is, in fact gutted :D

I love the #### outta my 460, it don't have a max-flo or light bar but the muffler is, in fact gutted :D

It's a good rig. More wood with less gas. Less ####in' around packing jugs up the hill. That and the whole freezing to death deal every time I run out of gas. The less of that the better this time of the year when you're high centered on the Bangtail Divide. Good winter ground. Ground with snow. Looking down on the ski hill across the canyon. Oh yeah guy....good winter ground. - Sam

Still waiting for the snow to see how a 460 "arctic" works. As I may have said before, I have my doubts, since we tested the prototype back in winter 2004-5. Well, it was a bit crispy at the time, I remember -50F one morning, the poor saw didn't make it... An old Jonsered ran like hell.

Into the snow tomorow. Hell, it's snowing pretty good right here at home. Over the continental divide we go in the AM......Nice fir though. Still whining over the hand/electric fence incident today......wife is still laughing.....just trying to be a gentleman and lift the barbwire.....forgot about the hotwire....didn't know it was hot.

Wife did get 2 nice pheasant though...deeelish. Have a good week - Sam

Into the snow tomorow. Hell, it's snowing pretty good right here at home. Over the continental divide we go in the AM......Nice fir though. Still whining over the hand/electric fence incident today......wife is still laughing.....just trying to be a gentleman and lift the barbwire.....forgot about the hotwire....didn't know it was hot.

Weather guessers are calling for single digits by next weekend. . . Stay warm Sam!

That reminds me of when I was out hunting with a friend, years ago. We were both not quite 10yrs. old or so. Come up on a fence.

Him: "Whaddya think? Is it hot?"
Me: "I don't know. Let's see."

Now, it had been raining all morning and my cheap boots were soaked.

After "let's see" there was a popping sound and within the speed of light, I was flat on my back with a red line across both palms, moaning and groaning :laugh:

Me: "I don't know. Let's see."

'Least you didn't fall for the customary dare. Neither did I... because I watched the neighbor kid do it. Mind you, this was the guy who swallowed up every kid in the neighborhood's allowance money doing stupid dares. I'm not sure who was dumber, really -- He got the cash and the bragging rights, and all we got was a few cheap yuks.

Rolled up to the jobsite(after stopping at the bottom of the hill to chain up) today to see 18" of fresh wet snow all over everything and still snowing like a m'fer

Roma. Got pounded on pretty good all day over here between plains and hot springs. Nice pics. Huntings on.

Nate. Yesterday was pretty much the first day of winter over here. Little snow, temps drop. Today we got real dealed. Snowing sideways and cold. Didn't seem to effect my ability to enjoy a cold beer at the end of the day. Weird. PS. We'd talked earlier this season about hooking up on a new handle for my 440. Blew up the saw (again). Had to buy a new saw (went to the shop to just get a 460 and he had a new 440 sitting there. I had to buy the 440 based purely on the fact that I've run my mouth so much over the years about it being the ultimate MT saw. No turning back now. I will, now and then, manufacture an excuse to pull out the 66. The 440 with a 30" bar, max-flow and opened up muffler is just the smoothest thing ever. I've combined whining with ranting. cool). Got a buddy moving up to Columbia Falls pretty soon. Want to crank a few beers with you and Jake one of these days. Maybe put on a felling seminar...I've forgotten more about sloping backcuts than you'll ever know. :msp_tongue:

What up Jake? Time to get it on hunting-wise. Might try to hunt some lower elevation stuff up by Thomp Falls for the elusive wapati. How you been doing?

I love this time of year. rant done.

Roma. Got pounded on pretty good all day over here between plains and hot springs. Nice pics. Huntings on.

Nate. Yesterday was pretty much the first day of winter over here. Little snow, temps drop. Today we got real dealed. Snowing sideways and cold. Didn't seem to effect my ability to enjoy a cold beer at the end of the day. Weird. PS. We'd talked earlier this season about hooking up on a new handle for my 440. Blew up the saw (again). Had to buy a new saw (went to the shop to just get a 460 and he had a new 440 sitting there. I had to buy the 440 based purely on the fact that I've run my mouth so much over the years about it being the ultimate MT saw. No turning back now. I will, now and then, manufacture an excuse to pull out the 66. The 440 with a 30" bar, max-flow and opened up muffler is just the smoothest thing ever. I've combined whining with ranting. cool). Got a buddy moving up to Columbia Falls pretty soon. Want to crank a few beers with you and Jake one of these days. Maybe put on a felling seminar...I've forgotten more about sloping backcuts than you'll ever know. :msp_tongue:

What up Jake? Time to get it on hunting-wise. Might try to hunt some lower elevation stuff up by Thomp Falls for the elusive wapati. How you been doing?

I love this time of year. rant done.

i'd be down to bob the tails on a couple cold ones, been doin pretty good, my lazy ass still has to go buy an elk tag

Maybe I'll wax the Snow Scoop tomorrow.

Friday
Showers likely. Snow level 1000 feet.

Friday Night and Saturday
Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers. Snow level 500 feet.

Saturday Night
Partly cloudy with a chance of showers. Snow level 500 feet.

Sunday
Increasing clouds with a chance of rain and snow. Snow level 500 feet

Latest posts

Back