The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he means that a mulqvist is like an evil sale adminstrator. Sees you cutting in the wrong place, but waits until you've got a load or two on the ground before making an appearance, with an LEO.

Nope, not me.

Isn't that part of the FS method? As in "why fix a small problem when we can wait a while, let it develop, and fix an actual disaster?

Okay, I got it now I think!? A Mulqvist is the "friend" you take out to the movies for a guys night. . . Who also happens to be a cop. On the way to the movies he notices you have a taillight out, and instead of warning you, he pulls you over the next day and gives you a ticket.

Or a Mulqvist is the guy on the construction crew who notices a newbie is doing something incorrect, but waits till it's done wrong before he says anything. . . So now it takes more work to undo the mistake.

Am I right?

sounds like a cull.

cold, damp and breezy today, sun came out 10 minutes before sunset.
started new BP meds, feel waterlogged.

Isn't that part of the FS method? As in "why fix a small problem when we can wait a while, let it develop, and fix an actual disaster?

Not mine. The biggest goof was reported by guilty looking timber fallers who came in with their write up of what they had done, and apologizing profusely, and shutting themselves down. They had cut the wrong trees almost for a day. I had not made it up that way in time to stop the madness. One of them wrongly told the others that the blue marked trees were the leave trees. Finally one of the more experienced ones noticed that unlike most places, the big trees were being cut, and the junk left behind. He called a halt.

They had basically written their own breach letter and had done my job for me. Nice guys. We had to go out with scale sticks and figure how much. But the fact that they did a good job on their own of stopping and coming in made things a lot easier.

Hammer! You cuttin yet?! Or is it still too wet?

Waitin for real winter here. Skiddin in the morning before the ground turns to mush by about 10am and then cuttin in the afternoon. Too effn tired to be draggin a saw around at nap time!

Its going to be another glorious day of one and off showers. An endless wall of chinkapin, live oak and the occasional fir tree. Ever feel like your having an endless day where everything looks the same? No matter where your at on the hillside or what way your looking.

Okay, I got it now I think!? A Mulqvist is the "friend" you take out to the movies for a guys night. . . Who also happens to be a cop. On the way to the movies he notices you have a taillight out, and instead of warning you, he pulls you over the next day and gives you a ticket.

Or a Mulqvist is the guy on the construction crew who notices a newbie is doing something incorrect, but waits till it's done wrong before he says anything. . . So now it takes more work to undo the mistake.

Am I right?

What kind of friends do you have, Metals? The cop scenario certainly sounds like a genuine Mulqvist to me, though.

Whining: It seems no more cutting for me this winter. Well, we are short of daylight here, it doesn't really pay off this time of year anyway. Back to wrestling with the drunkfishes, I guess.

What kind of friends do you have, Metals? The cop scenario certainly sounds like a genuine Mulqvist to me, though.

Whining: It seems no more cutting for me this winter. Well, we are short of daylight here, it doesn't really pay off this time of year anyway. Back to wrestling with the drunkfishes, I guess.

I ain't got anyone I call a friend that would pull that one on me, and not end up with a smashed face.

So Mulqvist= Cull. There's lots of English words to describe a Mulqvist. . . Company man, ass-kiss, but cull fits in there about right.

Thanks for the new word!

Back