The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
209282d1322709241-dscf2131-large-jpg
View attachment 209282.

That's no cabin, you show-off, that's a palatial estate!

It'll do well, if the linkage between pedal and brain works.

Ain't that always the case? I have a bumper or three in my history to document failures of that linkage.

That's no cabin, you show-off, that's a palatial estate!
You cant see it but behind the cabin to the left there is a 1.6million dollar place, 200ft water front, makes mine a cabin.
Average lake place (on the water)is about 1 million. I am as close to the water as I dare, taxes alone on those places is 5k or more per year. From where the picture is taken it is about 200 feet to the lake, public beach, I get to use it and no big taxes.
Also behind the cabin is a old rail bed, ATV access to hundred of miles of trails, so no trailering them, nice perk.
Beyond my dreams this cabin.!!! Little wine now, for the taxes we pay the snow plow makes a couple of passes!!!
BBB

You cant see it but behind the cabin to the left there is a 1.6million dollar place, 200ft water front, makes mine a cabin.
Average lake place (on the water)is about 1 million. I am as close to the water as I dare, taxes alone on those places is 5k or more per year. From where the picture is taken it is about 200 feet to the lake, public beach, I get to use it and no big taxes.
Also behind the cabin is a old rail bed, ATV access to hundred of miles of trails, so no trailering them, nice perk.
Beyond my dreams this cabin.!!! Little wine now, for the taxes we pay the snow plow makes a couple of passes!!!
BBB

Ya done good. Enjoy.

I always feel better after putting the first ding in a new truck because it's going to happen sooner or later. I know this is the whining thread so I understand.

You listening to PDX country stations or whatever the hell it is at 1500 AM in Spokane?

Sorry to hear about losing your Subaru, Patty. Loved our 85. True 4X4. Had a 2spd transfer case, and you could actually raise the suspension on it for more ground clearance. Just sold my 04 Forester to my daughter. Had a 5spd manual so it came with a limited slip rear end. Great cars. I really wanted to buy another one but got a great deal on a Ford Fusion. If I need 4 wheel drive I'll use my F350 Super Duty. I've never been hesitant to recommend Subaru's to anybody.

About par for the course Bob. . . I like Jameson's 3-step plan.

1. Cut it.

2. Burn it.

3. Plant it.

I'd like to annotate my statement with the following:

I'm not talking rape and pillage here, I'm talking good, useful forestry practice. Just like a farmer burns his fields before he discs it back up. Harvest, fire, and planting should be streamlined, used as the tools they are, in a responsible way -- to expedite the use of natural resources, and their continued growth and harvest. We can either use the tool fire, or nature will do it for us in a much more destructive way.

If some folks think we can mess up some logging ground and it won't ever come back, I'd like to cite Chernobyl, Mt. Saint Helens, Mayan super cities, and the clearcuts made when I was a kid, which are now full of 30+ foot trees.

I can also cite fire incidents close to my home, where logging saved the day big time. The fire IC was quoted as saying that the selective AND clearcut logging done, stopped the fire from running another 40 miles and knocking on a bunch of doors.

The earth is much more resilient than a lot of folks want to admit.

My whine for the day.... It's finals week. :crazy1:

I can't wait to get to OSU and take some Forestry classes instead of just Calculus and Physics.

far more of a laugh than a whine, the grocery store forgot a letter on our son's bithdy cake.

Some more rain, but we got out of the last job into our winter run job where we will be more free to log despite wet, I hope.

A little freezing rain, freezing fog, and snow here.

But I won't complain if it keeps me outta stats class in the morning :hmm3grin2orange:

A little freezing rain, freezing fog, and snow here.

But I won't complain if it keeps me outta stats class in the morning :hmm3grin2orange:

Dices, cards and horses, Jameson. That's what the stat classes are for. Would fog and snow keep you out of the table?

Not a whining session out of me today. Over the weekend I did some good work. Got my uncles 67 GTO running. Damn thing hadn't been started since 86. You want to talk about a lot of cobb webs!

Back