The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bob! How cold is it up there, in Farenhight please.:msp_smile:

How are ya doin?
Doing great. Got bambie and friend taken care of,, good eatin.:hmm3grin2orange:
Am home from the cabin. Gone there since March. Near done. Have a foot of frozen slush snow there, been -6f
32.2f here now, dry no snow blue sky all day.:msp_smile:

Hey, I got something to whine about. . . The 820 is sucking air. . . Back into it tomorrow. :msp_mad:

209282d1322709241-dscf2131-large-jpg
View attachment 209282

While we are on the whining subjet,, lots of that went on here!!!:hmm3grin2orange:
The new cabin.

Last edited:
dammit, don't make me bring the 660 up there Friday and lay down a Kraut style whoopin

but seriously, we should kick it on Friday afternoon :rock:

I'm hoping it's something simple, and not seals. Ahh well, better than having it grenade.

You did a good job, too. I see more and more deadfall in there. What a waste.

It gets worse every year, if what you saw from the roads looks bad, cross the creek. The Flatiron Tree bought it several years ago, just West of that area is jackstrawed. Heard Look Prairie is getting choked with DF and brush. Also heard Billy Look's barn burned, may have to stroll up there and see. Billy was one of my Grandad's cronies, a tough old bastard for sure. Back in the '40s, Billy went to knock a pear out of a tree, while grasping the business end of a 30-30. Yeah, he shot himself, down through the chest and out back below the ribs. Billy broke a cigar in two, plugged the holes, walked two miles home, where his sister was soo mad she smacked him in the head. Well, he stayed drunk in bed for three weeks, got up and went to it again.
Makes my duct tape and inner tube repair seem kinda lame.

Yep. Thank god for compasses.

Dont need one of those. Just follow the cut line man.

New complaint from me. Poaching.... Last friday a bunch of folks around these parts were raided by OSP. 14 blacktail, 3 black bear and 1 elk. Now thats just BS, excessive. I grew up at the end of a very long creek. When the freeze was getting a empty, you'd go out and take a couple to fill it back up. The law of being hungry. What that group of folks did, well that just isnt right.

Dont need one of those. Just follow the cut line man.

New complaint from me. Poaching.... Last friday a bunch of folks around these parts were raided by OSP. 14 blacktail, 3 black bear and 1 elk. Now thats just BS, excessive. I grew up at the end of a very long creek. When the freeze was getting a empty, you'd go out and take a couple to fill it back up. The law of being hungry. What that group of folks did, well that just isnt right.
Good! I hope it cost their worthless azzes big time. Out of work, hungry kids at home maybe, but I'd bet they didn't meet that criteria.:msp_mad:

No the didnt meet it. Funny thing is, all those misdemeanors their getting charged with. Will end up felony's. Anything that amounts over 1500$ of misdemeanors automatically gets bumped up to the next level. Throw the damn book at them I say.

I'm whining. I spent today replacing the Subaru, which had served me well. It was time. So, I had been researching small pickups. I found an Internet Special. Nobody had bought it, probably because of the color.
My Mini-crummie is bright RED. I will be Polly Annish and say that it does show up well in a parking lot.

I was so nervous, I couldn't eat until a bit ago. I have added a homebrew stout to the menu to try to take away the nervousness that I have.

I now have a Fix Or Repair Daily Ranger. It had 7 miles on it, and the radio was turned to rap, or hip hop with a cheery tune about "capping a Nword". On the way home, after thinking about the workings of the radio, I changed it to a country station and heard the truly cheery Rodeo Song.

I now have higher clearance to get to the huckleberry patches on roads that I scraped bottom on with the Subaru and little Chevy.

I feel poor too. Raise a glass to the bright red pickup. May it last as long as the Subaru--almost 14 years.

I'm whining. I spent today replacing the Subaru, which had served me well. It was time. So, I had been researching small pickups. I found an Internet Special. Nobody had bought it, probably because of the color.
My Mini-crummie is bright RED. I will be Polly Annish and say that it does show up well in a parking lot.

I was so nervous, I couldn't eat until a bit ago. I have added a homebrew stout to the menu to try to take away the nervousness that I have.

I now have a Fix Or Repair Daily Ranger. It had 7 miles on it, and the radio was turned to rap, or hip hop with a cheery tune about "capping a Nword". On the way home, after thinking about the workings of the radio, I changed it to a country station and heard the truly cheery Rodeo Song.

I now have higher clearance to get to the huckleberry patches on roads that I scraped bottom on with the Subaru and little Chevy.

I feel poor too. Raise a glass to the bright red pickup. May it last as long as the Subaru--almost 14 years.

:clap::clap::clap: Congratulations. When you bring it down here do I get to pick the road to initiate it on? You know, drag the frame on a rock or two and put some brush marks on the fenders like you did to my new Tacoma when I brought it up there? I have a couple of really good roads in mind. Well, not good roads but they'll be a real test of ground clearance and traction. Can it handle a lot of outslope in mud?
Oh, this is going to be fun. When are you coming down? I'll cancel any maintenance scheduled for those roads until after you've Ranger'd them.

I started looking at the manual, but only got to the part that has a WARNING! Do not use as a snowplow.

Then WARNING! Do not use as an ambulance.

There go all my plans..:smile2:

Do not worry. The huckleberry roads are similar to what I took you on. And I won't use it as a yarder.

Fun fact: early Outbacks, because of their independent front and rear suspensions, had about 1" better ground clearance than the Rangers and Explorers of the same years. Not sure about current models. I own a '96 Outback and a '98 Ranger and the Outback definitely has better clearance.

A lot of people talk down on those rangers, but my cutting pard has a 2WD with about 200,000 miles of heli and yarder blocks to it's name. Still going strong, never given him any trouble. Hope it lasts you a long time - Sam

Fun fact: early Outbacks, because of their independent front and rear suspensions, had about 1" better ground clearance than the Rangers and Explorers of the same years. Not sure about current models. I own a '96 Outback and a '98 Ranger and the Outback definitely has better clearance.

Nope, this Ranger definitely has better clearance than my old (sob) Outback. The Ranger we abused at work had better clearance. It'll do well, if the linkage between pedal and brain works.

I tried a used Tacoma too. It was comfy, but they wanted quite a bit more for it, it didn't have as many extras, and I see better out of the Ranger.

Bob, that's a nice little place! :cheers:
609 sq ft main floor . Its being heated by the logs from the old cabin, dry 80 year old fir, burns very nice!!:hmm3grin2orange:
6'6" crawl space has the wood stove, heats the tile floor above, very comfy!!! :smile2:
Every wall is insulated, interior also R28, Ceilings R40 low 'E' glass.
Slowp,, them Rangers are pretty good trucks,, eh!!
Fords best IMO
BBB

Back