The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lotts of wet, take a bar of soap with me from the shop to the house and shower before i get in the house. but thats the norm.

It hasn't hit here with the wind yet, or else I slept through it all.

I just had a brain fart while watching the serious reporters in Seattle. Urban Flooding is what we used to call puddles! They are grimly standing in PUDDLES and saying that leaves in the drains need to be cleaned out to prevent Urban Flooding (puddles).

It is raining, but as previous folks have said, that is normal here. Our county has a flood watch on, but that is fairly normal also.

At last, snow! We should have 4-5 inches tonight. I'm afraid it's about to go away next week. A peculiar fall, indeed.

I bought me a new title. Senior member sounds like, well, a limp body part to me. After the change I realized I should have taken Bunny Hugger for a title, but it's too late now. Mulqvist it shall be, at least for now. If someone wants to know what's that, please send me a PM, I can't tell it here.

Sam

At last, snow! We should have 4-5 inches tonight. I'm afraid it's about to go away next week. A peculiar fall, indeed.

I bought me a new title. Senior member sounds like, well, a limp body part to me. After the change I realized I should have taken Bunny Hugger for a title, but it's too late now. Mulqvist it shall be, at least for now. If someone wants to know what's that, please send me a PM, I can't tell it here.

Sam

Aw c'mon, give us a hint.

Doing great. Went to the coast for Thanksgiving and had a good time with family and friends. Looked at a couple of falling jobs over there and visited with some old duffers I worked with (and yes, there are loggers older than me still working:msp_biggrin:) during the OG days. Back to work tomorrow...standing in the snow with dust blowing in my eyes.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving up there. My best to you all.

Doing great. Went to the coast for Thanksgiving and had a good time with family and friends. Looked at a couple of falling jobs over there and visited with some old duffers I worked with (and yes, there are loggers older than me still working:msp_biggrin:) during the OG days. Back to work tomorrow...standing in the snow with dust blowing in my eyes.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving up there. My best to you all.

Sounds like a damn good time and plenty to be Thankful for

My Turkey day was pretty good and scored a 660 today so I'm on cloud 9

all the best to you and your's

Aw c'mon, give us a hint.

Let me put it this way: A logging crew does clear cutting. They make a good job. Landing is nice and in a good order. Most of the timber is ok, they didn't do much pulp, measures, quality, everything is ok. They didn't disturb the soil, the road is still open they all worked hard and they know it. As they are celebrating the accomplishment, a fellow shows up and says: "Oh yes, men, you worked hard and you worked well. And you know it. Although, I'm afraid the plot you were supposed to cut is on the other side of the hill."

You could safely call that fellow a Mulqvist.

Let me put it this way: A logging crew does clear cutting. They make a good job. Landing is nice and in a good order. Most of the timber is ok, they didn't do much pulp, measures, quality, everything is ok. They didn't disturb the soil, the road is still open they all worked hard and they know it. As they are celebrating the accomplishment, a fellow shows up and says: "Oh yes, men, you worked hard and you worked well. And you know it. Although, I'm afraid the plot you were supposed to cut is on the other side of the hill."

You could safely call that fellow a Mulqvist.

Okay I think I got it. It's kinda like the guy that runs out onto the battlefield after the shooting stops and bayonets the wounded. Close?

Back