The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hell i was going to give you crap for playing on the computer. but it looks like you working. i'd rather go to work than move. i'm stayin put unless someone gives me a screamin offer on this place then i'll get my place in the woods. enjoy the new place.

Yup. I'm taking January off so that we can take our time and do it right. My wife and I are doing everything ourselves and when you have two 60+ people doing all the grunt work there's a fair amount of sitting and resting involved. A couple of friends volunteered to help but I didn't think I could afford the beer they'd drink, not to mention having to feed them every day. :laugh:

You're right about moving being harder than working. I'll need to go back to the woods just to rest up.

Well, I "carried" out to the woodshed, but I did not see my prey.

The signs of a packrat moving in showed up today. Clipped pieces of cedar boughs. I came in and got a flashlight and the 410, but did not see an animal. I hate those smelly beasts! I will see if I can borrow a trap, again. :(

Tonight a fine bar and chain rest peacefully in a large hickory cull. It will go side hill, despite its insistance that it has a heavy downhill lean. Just as soon as a clip 'er free, she'll go.

Packing a saw out without a bar sure doesn't carry well. Not to mention the general shame of it all.

Only had a half tank left to the day so I said #### it.

Tonight a fine bar and chain rest peacefully in a large hickory cull. It will go side hill, despite its insistance that it has a heavy downhill lean. Just as soon as a clip 'er free, she'll go.

Packing a saw out without a bar sure doesn't carry well. Not to mention the general shame of it all.

Only had a half tank left to the day so I said #### it.

You're a funny guy Joe. I did a similar thing today on a shaggy hickory. It was windy and I continued to cut thinking there was movement. I cut through the far side and it sat hard. I got lucky and pounded a wedge right next to the tip, then a little more towards the back, then full on to the back and my saw was free. A couple of more taps sent it over right where I meant it. With the wind and it being an outboard clutch husky, I thought for sure bad things were going to happen. Eh, Monday.

I'd bored mine, I debated one way or the other and for some reason I bored it, and it sat right off. I know my first tree this morning!

yup , have to go out and knock the snow off the dish now and then to get my tv back.

Yup, if we get all the snow they're calling for the Seattle area will be a frikken zoo. I'll leave my guns at home so I'm not tempted to do mayhem on some of these idiot drivers!

According to the gravely speaking talking heads, Seattle will be spared tonight but we southerners will get the smite button pushed. I'll test The Tomato and venture out today. I left some firewood in the pickup bed and it has 6 gunnysacks full of gravel in the back. My road is outsloped just enough to get that WHOOP feeling in one spot. Then you are by it and OK.

Yup, if we get all the snow they're calling for the Seattle area will be a frikken zoo. I'll leave my guns at home so I'm not tempted to do mayhem on some of these idiot drivers!

They're probably refugees from California...and please don't send them back. :msp_biggrin:

We haven't had any snow fall yet but it should be here by tomorrow night. All the snow-idjits will be headed up to Donner and Tahoe. I think I'll stay here by the fire.

I should turn The Wing into a hot dog stand. Snoqualmie is closing for several hours, which means more truckers on our little pass.

Our mountain pass is usually the last one to shut down. It is only 2 lanes wide so is easier to keep plowed open. Our eating establishments do well during those times.

The Wing is probably trapped by the avalanches off the shop roof. Or it will be.

We are actually having a Winter storm, with all the trimmings.

Looks like US 101 will be closed south of town.
COASTAL FLOODING DUE TO A COMBINATION OF HIGH TIDES...HEAVY RAIN AND
SOUTHERLY STORM SURGE IS POSSIBLE ACROSS LOW LYING AREAS SUCH AS
KING SALMON LATE TONIGHT AND A COASTAL FLOOD WATCH IS CURRENTLY IN
EFFECT.

Hey Bob! Honeydew might get a foot of rain. Oh to be on the backside of Beartrap, be like living underwater.

I made it to the store for comfort food. The post office had a big sign announcing the mail truck would be 2 hours late.

I heard talk that the power was out in the places it goes out first in. A breeze is now blowing.

The hardware store guys were up on their roof, shoveling. It collapsed it the last big snow. The highway is slush, with the wheel tracks bare.

The Tomato pickup did quite well in the snow.

Y'all are sharing too much of your weather!! :laugh:

Wind is howling and snow is falling. :msp_ohmy:

Y'all are sharing too much of your weather!! :laugh:

Wind is howling and snow is falling. :msp_ohmy:

The power did a long enough outage that I had to start the clothes washer again! My house has big windows so I can watch the flakes changing directions. I probably should go out and gather up the camping gear and have it handy.

Oh well, it'll melt in a few days.

Latest posts

Back