The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The power did a long enough outage that I had to start the clothes washer again! My house has big windows so I can watch the flakes changing directions. I probably should go out and gather up the camping gear and have it handy.

Oh well, it'll melt in a few days.

Wish I could say the same, don't think ours will be melting for a while.

oh ya , it's fun rollin around under a truck in this crap weather to r&r and repair a starter. would have been nice if it was in the shop but no luck there.

Yep, got a juicy one brewing, going to be noisy, but nothing out of the ordinary for us.
This is what our buoy has to say, is is 7 miles off shore.
Wind Direction (WDIR): S ( 170 deg true )
Wind Speed (WSPD): 27.2 kts
Wind Gust (GST): 31.1 kts
Wave Height (WVHT): 9.2 ft
Dominant Wave Period (DPD): 7 sec
Average Period (APD): 5.8 sec
Mean Wave Direction (MWD): SSW ( 210 deg true )
Atmospheric Pressure (PRES): 30.19 in
Pressure Tendency (PTDY): -0.04 in ( Falling )
Air Temperature (ATMP): 46.6 °F
Water Temperature (WTMP): 49.1 °F
Wind Chill (CHILL): 37.2 °F

Gotta have a sense of humor.
Just think what the I-5 will be like in the am. :laugh:

Hey Metals - bet the snow will be up to the bottom of the speed sign on the Lolo cam in 24 hrs.

Tonight
s wind 25 to 30 kt with gusts to 45 kt...rising to
40 to 50 kt with gusts to 65 kt after 3 am. Combined seas
17 ft dominant period 12 seconds. Rain.

Wed
s wind 40 to 50 kt...becoming sw 35 to 45 kt in the
afternoon. Gusts to 70 kt. Combined seas 28 ft dominant period
12 seconds. Rain.

Dang, nothing much to whine about here, just hit the south side of "0" for the first time this winter, colder tomorrow night, but back to the high 20s-low 30s for the weekend.

We might get an inch of snow out of the leftovers of y'alls storm, which would quadruple what's currently on the ground, but still not enough to keep the dirt off the logs when skidding.

Guess I could whine about the general lack of winter up here, but I kinda secretly like it this way. (Don't tell my neighbors, they'll box me up and ship me to somewhere like Alabama!)

Good Morning!

Snow is belly deep on The Used Dog and still coming down hard. The internet was out last night. :(
The tin pants have been brought in off the porch to soften up. I shall be moving a bit of snow around today.
It looks to exceed the amount we got a couple years ago when metal building roofs were collapsing. Mine held up and I hope it does this time also.

I expect the power will go off if we get any wind.

Well it is a wet and windy morning. Still no settlement from my insurance company. So at 0530 this morning I walked my scrawny self to work. Holy hell folks did it rain. What went from 40lbs of gear in my sea bag turned into what felt like 100lbs. Bless Hefty trash bags, everything is still dry. Time for a cup of coffee.

Yesterday morning:
218223d1326903086-yesterday-today0001-jpg

Today:

218224d1326903089-yesterday-today0001_1-jpg

218225d1326903094-yesterday-today0001_2-jpg

View attachment 218223View attachment 218224View attachment 218225

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back