The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same down here. We're looking at more rain into the week-end and maybe some snow at our place. We're about 2000 MSL and so far all we are is wet.

LOL..Two weeks ago everybody was starting to talk about drought and water shortages...now they're worried about flash floods and mud slides.

One thing for sure...any kind of serious logging is a month or more away now. Everything I had going is either mudded out or under three feet of snow. Time to practice being retired again.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...STO&textField1=39.2192&textField2=-121.06&e=0

Last edited:
I have had a productive morning. I have peeled and chopped and now have a big pot of salsa reducing away. I should be whining from chopping up the onions, but they weren't too bad today. No jalepenos in the eyes either.

That can hurt!:msp_ohmy:

Second week of waiting to get paid by my ex employer. Starting to fume and think nasty dirty thoughts of revenge.

Had to go to the annual first aid/cpr refresher this morning.....which gave me time to go shopping for a better shovel this afternoon......cuz I gotta cut lodgepole that are buried in 3 feet of nice heavy wet snow tomorow.....12" stumps by God!

Kind of spendy little trees with day pay and all.......

Heavy rain day, 1.5" so far, betting on two+ by midnight. Pretty soon I can quit talking about being a foot and a half behind.

Our weather guessers are saying y'all are gonna share all that water you're getting. :msp_sneaky:

Our weather guessers are saying y'all are gonna share all that water you're getting. :msp_sneaky:

Yeah, looks like the Darby show's gonna get Spring broke up and my little strippy-poo will have an extra foot of the white #### in the morning.

Wanna come shovel for me Nate? I'll let you trip one.....if you do a really good job:hmm3grin2orange:

Yeah, looks like the Darby show's gonna get Spring broke up and my little strippy-poo will have an extra foot of the white #### in the morning.

Wanna come shovel for me Nate? I'll let you trip one.....if you do a really good job:hmm3grin2orange:

Sorry dude, I forgot to renew my shovel certification, or I would for sure. :hmm3grin2orange:

That's one thing I never got about logging up here, when it's 3' deep, roll-up until after breakup for Christ's sake. . . There ain't no production in deep snow and steeps.

Sorry dude, I forgot to renew my shovel certification, or I would for sure. :hmm3grin2orange:

That's one thing I never got about logging up here, when it's 3' deep, roll-up until after breakup for Christ's sake. . . There ain't no production in deep snow and steeps.

It's a little game we play. Big boss likes to try and push till we break......which hasn't happened yet and sure as #### never will. His dime.

Second week of waiting to get paid by my ex employer. Starting to fume and think nasty dirty thoughts of revenge.

In my experience, most guy's like your "ex employer" are pissing your paycheck away in some bar, being a big shot. If you can figure out which bar........call him on it in front of the folks he's "big shotting" too, and generally by the third time you do it you'll get paid just to get rid of you.

Andy

In my experience, most guy's like your "ex employer" are pissing your paycheck away in some bar, being a big shot. If you can figure out which bar........call him on it in front of the folks he's "big shotting" too, and generally by the third time you do it you'll get paid just to get rid of you.

Andy

Sounds like you've had to do that once or twice Andy! :laugh:

Haven't seen ya around much, howz things?

Sounds like you've had to do that once or twice Andy! :laugh:

Haven't seen ya around much, howz things?

Haha, yeah we seem to have our fair share of big shots around here. :laugh:

I've been busier than a cat coverin' up crap on a tin roof. Things are good. :cheers:

Aw shoot! This is "The Whining Thread".
I ment to say that things are bad, real bad.

Andy

I got the pay song and dance before, when the ass finally owned up that he wouldn't pay, we went up to the site and dumped about 10 snags on the road.

And Rainy! The satellite picture is very colorful this morning.

It was a very soggy day. If I let my saw idle or run it at a low RPM. I could hear the rain drops bouncing off of my tin lid.

The weather guesser's out of Medford were wrong about getting rain Monday in Hugo. We were snowed out Tuesday. They were wrong about the rain Wednesday in Hugo. See the pattern? So yesterday I thought I would chance it, they were wrong and it didn't rain on us. Bad idea. By 1700 I felt like a drown dog, looked like one too. So I figured it pull out the scuba suit today. Perfect day to break in my new tin pants. (Someone stole my old tin pants out of my truck on the 4th. Didn't take anything else.)

Back