The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A faller cuts a non-merch tree, in the way of the lay, in the cooridor, escape route, contractual requirement (any tree down to a 7 inch DBH).....etc. Hooker hooks it, yarder operator counts it (getting a piece count incentive).

Who's at fault?? The faller! Dumb faller shouldn't have cut the tree in the first place!

Going to try not to kill anyone this weekend.

Well walked of the job today. Officially unemployed now. Couldn't take the lies and not being payed. Plus the withholding as the boss should and not paying it in. Enough was enough.

Well walked of the job today. Officially unemployed now. Couldn't take the lies and not being payed. Plus the withholding as the boss should and not paying it in. Enough was enough.

Withholding is evidence of hrs worked. Call state emloyment file a complaint. Your costs to get payed are covered. Speaking from experience, just a call to "former" employer with reference to state statues got 6 weeks of back pay in 24 hours. Only time in 50 yrs. My mistake for giving him benefit of doubt.

It's been done already. Two former employees got there back pay I got mine. The other guy that quit with me has not yet. Him just saying he would meet us Friday(our usual pay day) at four to give us our checks then not showing or answering his phone all weekend was the final straw. He was not happy when he showed on the landing this morning and we were not working and left as soon as we got our checks.

It's been done already. Two former employees got there back pay I got mine. The other guy that quit with me has not yet. Him just saying he would meet us Friday(our usual pay day) at four to give us our checks then not showing or answering his phone all weekend was the final straw. He was not happy when he showed on the landing this morning and we were not working and left as soon as we got our checks.

Sometimes that's what it takes. A good crew doesn't cost you money, a good crew makes you money. If your ex boss doesn't see that he's not only cheap, he's dumb.

Picked up a couple more old Homelites yesterday out in eastern Pierce County, and decided to take the scenic route home. Bonney Lake, Buckley, Kapowsin... Hard to believe, but the east side of the county got hit a good deal harder by the ice storm than the Sound side did. Then the wind kicked up. I'm guessing there's a lot of folks out of power east of here.

Latest posts

Back