Under 9lb 40cc class saw - Suggestions please.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMG WHERE ARE YOUR EAR MUFFS! That saw can damage your hearing!!!!!

btw what cc is that? runs good!

Anyone here use the Efco MT 4000 ?

Nice saw, seemed to be a decent machine.

Heaviest 9 pounds ever, I would like the scales that they use to weigh saws to be used in doctors offices.

Under 9 is most likely going to have to be a top handle without the bar and chain and no fuel and oil.

Bulk up, it will be cheaper.

Best bang for the buck is Echos in this catagory.

Last edited:
in this case, If I were to keep my arms up all day long and cut small limbs, I`d go for the lightest as power is not that important.

untitled2.jpg

I`d pick the T435
the 338XPT has more power but the 339XP fits the bill perfectly: not a top handle, 39 cc, 8,8 lbs.

I`d still pick the T 435.

Cheers.

That would be a really bad choise, for what he want the saw for - mainly because it is a top-handle, but also because it isn't anywhere close to a real pro saw.

I could not be any more happy with MS200 (RH) for my small saw.
It thinks it's a lot bigger than what it is.......but I'm not telling it any diff.

TT

I could not be any more happy with MS200 (RH) for my small saw.
It thinks it's a lot bigger than what it is.......but I'm not telling it any diff.

TT
You're absolutely correct the MS200 is a great saw and does seem more powerful than it's size.

You're absolutely correct the MS200 is a great saw and does seem more powerful than it's size.

x3 i just watched a video of Brad Snellings ms200 that thing is bad to the bone! I WANT ONE! Lol i didnt realize they were such runners.

@ Niko

then why it is T435 listed as P saw?

oh, I was simply mentioning some cheap options there.

Last edited:
You think it will be low on power?
What setup would compensate for that?
What more powerful lighter solution would you suggest? [Given - adding another pound.]

I've had no problem in the power department. Sure, it's no 346xp, but it'll do limbing no problem. Like I said, anything smaller than 6" and it cuts like butter. It'll still cut with the 13" bar I have on it burried, but slowly at that point.

**edit**
I should note, mine is bone stock other than the 13" bar. With a muff mod I'd imagine it would be even better.

Last edited:
I've had no problem in the power department. Sure, it's no 346xp, but it'll do limbing no problem. Like I said, anything smaller than 6" and it cuts like butter. It'll still cut with the 13" bar I have on it burried, but slowly at that point.

**edit**
I should note, mine is bone stock other than the 13" bar. With a muff mod I'd imagine it would be even better.

:agree2:

I also use a 13" .325 NK bar on mine (standard here).

Like you said, power is not a problem when used for what it was designed for, but some owners will always try to "stretch" that.

Those that think of it as a 40cc alternatie to a 346xp will be disappointed, those that keep in mind that it is a rear-handle ersion of a top-handle saw will not.

Back