whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked this truck up in VA last Friday and drove it straight home. Had it at our local shop till yesterday sorting out some airbag suspension issues, lights, fluids, etc., just getting it gone over and ready to work. Boom is an older Hiab without a lot of power but it should get the job done in the short term at least. Truck is a beast though. Has an Eaton 9 speed with split rears that is a blast to drive. 25 yard chip box but I think we'll leave the top off for the most part. Still learning the controls of the boom, gonna take awhile to get smooth with it.

attachment.php

It was a beautiful day! Went in at 130 am, guys had to work next to the trolley in down town SD, so its easier to get done at night, however, all the hob nobs get pissy when ya start a chipper at 4 am, so do the homeless that live in the nooks and crannys at the bottom of the hob nobs hi rise condo's! Had a massive sleep deprived headache so I overdosed on IB Profen and 5 hours. Kept my GF in for the day to put together all the new saws and list them in the inventory. Guys came in and we handed them out, nuttin but smiles.
Bought a 40' conex box for the yard. By 5 pm I was delirious so my peeps have now seen me in bad shape, lol. Next time I am up all night, not going to try and work all day! Plus I got stuck in traffic on the way home, not good, was extremely hard to not pass out while sitting still in the car. BTW you guys, I drive a Focus, yes I know, I feel the same way, but it get awesome gas mileage and I can get around pretty easy. Bid a job that had a astro turf yard, wonder if they use a vacum. Going in a little later to wash the hamster mobile.

Y'all have a good Thanksgiving!

Since we are still in the hood, we bought a pre made turkey dinner at Vons! I kinda wanted to just get tv dinners, to keep in line with this dirt hole we call El Cajon

No rest for the Wicked.

Finished up a job up in Mt baldy yesterday. On the way down the truck lost air pressure, didn't get that sorted out tell after 7:00 PM. Got home around 9:00.
I have spent the last few Christmases and Thankgivings off fishing in my kayak, but the O'l Lady said that tradition is ending this year.:mad: Off to trim and dead wood some Oaks for half a day. She's not thrilled about that. Mother in-law spent the night last night and I'm hoping to slip out un-noticed. I'm not a big Holiday person.

Picked this truck up in VA last Friday and drove it straight home. Had it at our local shop till yesterday sorting out some airbag suspension issues, lights, fluids, etc., just getting it gone over and ready to work. Boom is an older Hiab without a lot of power but it should get the job done in the short term at least. Truck is a beast though. Has an Eaton 9 speed with split rears that is a blast to drive. 25 yard chip box but I think we'll leave the top off for the most part. Still learning the controls of the boom, gonna take awhile to get smooth with it.

attachment.php

Nice looking truck. What year, motor and if you dont mind what kind of money. I have been using the crap out of mine, its making me and the guys softer. Oh, and the chipper is getting lonely.

Gonna be a really nice so-cal day!
Going to Chula Vista then San Diego then maybe I will call Scott and see how he is doing.
Gave the guys a 4 day weekend, I will be running around alot tomorrow.
Maybe I will shave today!
Jeff

Dont be getting soft on us.

I am growing a fu manchu just because my wife hates it.

Its going to be in the 60's here today then 30's next week.

Be careful dont cut your self.

I got the go ahead on two big money jobs for next week. I should get ready to go and stuff my face all day.

Y'all have a good Thanksgiving!
Since we are still in the hood, we bought a pre made turkey dinner at Vons! I kinda wanted to just get tv dinners, to keep in line with this dirt hole we call El Cajon

Should of got the prime rib,, all of El Cajon would be your friend!,,lol,just joking,
Jeff :msp_tongue:

It's funny hearing you guys talk about Vons and El Cajon. I haven't been down there in years but grew up in the area. Lived in Mission bay, El Cajon, Loma, and Spring Valley. Working weather down there is awesome. Traffic sucks and crime sucks. Women are BEAUTIFUL!

Latest posts

Back