whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This new chipper is the same as my old one except it has a hydraulic trailer jack. Idk if i am gonna like that or not but guess it is what it is.

This new chipper is the same as my old one except it has a hydraulic trailer jack. Idk if i am gonna like that or not but guess it is what it is.
Hydro jack is kinda ghey. You have to have the machine on to take it on and off. I guess it don't matter too much though. And I bet it's like a thousand dollar option too.

whats not to like? you pull the lever the tongue moves up or down. no excuse for not fully retracting jack. good idea to start machine before you leave the yard anyway.

whats not to like? you pull the lever the tongue moves up or down. no excuse for not fully retracting jack. good idea to start machine before you leave the yard anyway.
I suppose you're right about starting the machine to make sure it still runs. I still don't love the idea though.

Dang poison oak !! I just got over a batch from 2 weeks ago :-((
e7yge5y7.jpg

You may have to do a tit more than bolting and connecting hoses. I had to grind some **** off mine and lower the feed bar and of course, drill holes

Not on the new chippers. For the most part most options are bolt on. The valve banks are the same for machines with and without winches. Just gotta bolt the winch on and install the hosed and handle

Did some air knife work today. Blew out the root collar of a red oak and there was a vast secondary root system. I pruned one or two roots but the rest were too much for one season. There was a bunch of stuff down there that was with the backfill on the root system. A Mylanta bottle, a 'for sale' sign, tons of asphalt, and glass. Broken glass.

Also, you armchair intellectuals out there could help me. There was some fungi growing on the root system that was really gummy and smelt just like baby powder. Any takers?

Latest posts

Back