whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got ready for tomorrow's 3 Red Oak take downs and bought a bucket truck. It's a 79' Ford 600 with a 56' High Ranger, laugh if you will, but I couldn't pass up the price/condition. Just stumbled upon it a few days ago.

Ya got the wraptor, ya got a bucket. You're playing the game the right way.:msp_thumbup:

How bout a pict of the bucket Nails?

Those ole timers likely have forgotten more than you'll ever know giving the illusion they are having trouble climbing while getting done faster and making more money than you dream of.

True, some old guys never should have gotten into it but others never need to get out of it. It get so much easier when you do it smarter. Even Blakes finally wised up to a bucket.

Kills me how some of you guys claim years of experience while still in diapers. You probably have 6 or so years of actual experience....if that.

If you only knew. His chipper threw a rod 2 weeks ago. He had to sell his 1102 stumper, a Serco 10000 on a hella Mack truck, a tub grinder, all to pay the mortgage. His chip truck leaf spring snapped last fall causing the truck to tip over, which cracked the block, and bent the frame. When I say save, I mean saveing his ass. Used to have one of the better co's around here, but stretched himself a lil too far, and made some bad biz decisions. Hes admitted to me on more then a few occaions that Im a better climber than him now. Ask slayer whos better in the bucket. He didnt even want this guy up there if I was around. And as far as your crack about 6 years, your funny. Ive been the top guy at every co Ive been at since 19, and commanded at least 25 an hour everywhere I go. Place I was at last year gave me 27, but it was too far to drive and there was no overtime. The extra 2 bucks wasnt covering my gas, so I booked. Im no stranger to schooling dinosaurs , so next time your in over your head , send me a pm, and maybe Ill save you too, for a fee.

If you only knew. His chipper threw a rod 2 weeks ago. He had to sell his 1102 stumper, a Serco 10000 on a hella Mack truck, a tub grinder, all to pay the mortgage. His chip truck leaf spring snapped last fall causing the truck to tip over, which cracked the block, and bent the frame. When I say save, I mean saveing his ass. Used to have one of the better co's around here, but stretched himself a lil too far, and made some bad biz decisions. Hes admitted to me on more then a few occaions that Im a better climber than him now. Ask slayer whos better in the bucket. He didnt even want this guy up there if I was around. And as far as your crack about 6 years, your funny. Ive been the top guy at every co Ive been at since 19, and commanded at least 25 an hour everywhere I go. Place I was at last year gave me 27, but it was too far to drive and there was no overtime. The extra 2 bucks wasnt covering my gas, so I booked. Im no stranger to schooling dinosaurs , so next time your in over your head , send me a pm, and maybe Ill save you too, for a fee.

I'd climb circles around you at 62....not even worth talking bout it at your age. You couldn't carry my jockstrap. You laugh at what that old has been's got. You have any idea what I got? You just still an employee?

Where TF Slayer been?

I'd climb circles around you at 62....not even worth talking bout it at your age. You couldn't carry my jockstrap. You laugh at what that old has been's got. You have any idea what I got? You just still an employee?

Where TF Slayer been?

Don't be hatin' on Jim Morrison, just cuz you gettin older now vet! :hmm3grin2orange:

Where TF Slayer been?

Whos laughin? wtf you talkin bout? Not an employee, tree slut more like it . Wait, Im a ho, I get paid, sluts give it away.You have no idea who I am and what Ive got, do ya? Was going to get another bucket this year, but so many people let me take theres without batting an eye cuz Ive saved them too, that I cant justify another payment. And as far as slayer, I think hes depressed. He had a dumbass lose a couple saws on him, I need to call his ass. Probly should do that now, he called earlyer today, but I was in rock and roll mode b4 the rain got here. Want to rock some more tomorrow,but the rain may ef it up for me. Gotta sweet $600. hour job to do and some stumps. Lazy day, hopefully get some pick up work, cuz I dont like to roll out for two piddly hours, even if its for a g.

Whos laughin? wtf you talkin bout? Not an employee, tree slut more like it . Wait, Im a ho, I get paid, sluts give it away.You have no idea who I am and what Ive got, do ya? Was going to get another bucket this year, but so many people let me take theres without batting an eye cuz Ive saved them too, that I cant justify another payment. And as far as slayer, I think hes depressed. He had a dumbass lose a couple saws on him, I need to call his ass. Probly should do that now, he called earlyer today, but I was in rock and roll mode b4 the rain got here. Want to rock some more tomorrow,but the rain may ef it up for me. Gotta sweet $600. hour job to do and some stumps. Lazy day, hopefully get some pick up work, cuz I dont like to roll out for two piddly hours, even if its for a g.

Tell Slayer to give me a call. Gotta catch up.

Those ole timers likely have forgotten more than you'll ever know giving the illusion they are having trouble climbing while getting done faster and making more money than you dream of.

True, some old guys never should have gotten into it but others never need to get out of it. It get so much easier when you do it smarter.

Even when I got it down to bucket hieght, I shouldve stayed in it myself. I hate seeing these old guys that have given up. Its almost depressing. I dont usually work by the hour, but I wish I was yesterday. U see, I wanna get off the job site b4 my hair gets any greyer, cuz I gots places to see, and people to do.

The truck takes the danger outta trees and the question , but lowering your prices isn't a smart idea the productivity only offsets the overall cost of the truck and insurance ..

Agreed.. good tip. Price of fuel today, costs me over $1 a mile to drive.. course fuel is up around $5.20 a gallon here.. and rising.

Went bidding today,then trimmed around my daughters trailer, then split a little wood and started a fire. Going turkey huntin in the am hope I can get a gobbler to shake hands:)

Today I rigged down a maple in the back yard and the neighbor came home with his businessman buddy for lunch and let his 2 dogs out.... and they sat in lawn chairs and watched me and the owner talked for 3 straight hours non stop about his 2 100 lb. G. Shepherds. 3 solid hours I $hit you not. Ask my gm.

At one point the buddy mentioned ...."I once had a dog..."and ... boom...the shepherd guy interrupts him and starts telling more stories about his dogs. Just when there was a lull in the dog flapping....the poor visitor has a chance to change the subject or say "let's get back to work"....I couldn't believe it....but he asks the shepherd guy a question about his dogs....3 hours!!! Back into non stop shepherd stories.... No bs here.

I get outta the tree and me and Kyle are kidding bout it off to the side then I have this killer idea. I tell Kyle I gots to go and get his pay together. I drive around the block and Nextel him so I know he is in the back yard on walkie talkie speaker, and start singing this song..

YouTube - Who Let the Dogs out??- Baha men Original version

Got a customer with leyland cyprus and I believe arborvitae trees seem to have a bacterial infection browning and tip dieback. Sounds like seridium canker symptoms besides pruning out the dead and known diseased limbs and mulching what else can be done?

Got a customer with leyland cyprus and I believe arborvitae trees seem to have a bacterial infection browning and tip dieback. Sounds like seridium canker symptoms besides pruning out the dead and known diseased limbs and mulching what else can be done?

Seiridum canker is often cause from branches weaving together and shading out and killing growth and giving a disease entrance point I have read. Keep em seperated it said.

Seiridum canker is often cause from branches weaving together and shading out and killing growth and giving a disease entrance point I have read. Keep em seperated it said.

Yeah planned to get crossing limbs and any diseased but the crown is not looking healthy it will look goofy with it removed.

Back