whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least called ya in as a witness, lucky! Did he die right in front of you?

What are the credits for again?

Last edited:
Hey vet ever have customer open her gown and invite you in the home? I've had some doozie's too lol:)

Was it worth looking at Rope?

Had one that made me and gm lunch every day in a neighborhood we were in for years, even when we weren't at her house.

One day the gm heads out before I did and she had been flirting with me from the get go. She kept saying why don't we mess around? I wasn't really into banging here, she was just cool as a friend. But she got pissed and says "are you gay or something"?

So I got up and took her hand and started to help her up from the chair and said let's go upstairs.

She turned purple and backed down. She followed me down to my ex'es Jersey shore house (with her husband and he not knowing why she was going there) and walked by me and wife on the beach and started flirting again....good for a laugh.

Was it worth looking at Rope?

Had one that made me and gm lunch every day in a neighborhood we were in for years, even when we weren't at her house.

One day the gm heads out before I did and she had been flirting with me from the get go. She kept saying why don't we mess around? I wasn't really into banging here, she was just cool as a friend. But she got pissed and says "are you gay or something"?

So I got up and took her hand and started to help her up from the chair and said let's go upstairs.

She turned purple and backed down. She followed me down to my ex'es Jersey shore house (with her husband and he not knowing why she was going there) and walked by me and wife on the beach and started flirting again....good for a laugh.

Lol, well yeah it was worth it, breakfast was nice next day too lol:cheers:

Hey vet ever have customer open her gown and invite you in the home? I've had some doozie's too lol:)

All tree men have those stories Rope... Best not to go there... A gentleman never kisses and tells... :)

I had one bring me in onetime and bathe me after I climbed one covered in Poison Ivy... Told her I was going to have to wash it off quick before the oil got to me... She lathered me up and took care of that little bit... :)

Ya got the wraptor, ya got a bucket. You're playing the game the right way.:msp_thumbup:

How bout a pict of the bucket Nails?

Here's the bucket truck. 53' WH High Ranger with 2 man bucket. 69,000 miles and a meter that says 4,000 hours. The thing doesn't make a creak, runs great (370 Lima Engine, 4 speed with working split rearend) and the boom is perfectly tight. Frame is straight, drives perfect. The fiberglass boxes are in good condition too, with no dents, holes and all latches working.

Only thing is I can't get the lower boom to raise from the upper controls, all other controls work, upper and lower. The guy I bought it from had 3 rods that go under the bucket control lever that he said will fix the problem, we'll see.

Needs a landing carriage for the bucket, some lights fixed, alternator fixed and she's golden far as I can tell. $2,250, for that price I can put the boom up in my yard and hang a flag on it and keep climbing.

I call it the Hornet because the front end (not shown) is nicely painted black and just has a tough stance on it.

DSCN3451.jpg

DSCN3453.jpg

DSCN3452.jpg

DSCN3454.jpg

Last edited:
That'll be a great truck for you when you get the control fixed. Are you talking bout the pistol grip assembly. I rebuilt one on a '73 I had like that and all you need is a diagram. Easy to bleed out.

For now you can get someone to move the lower boom from the ground?

That'll be a great truck for you when you get the control fixed. Are you talking bout the pistol grip assembly. I rebuilt one on a '73 I had like that and all you need is a diagram. Easy to bleed out.

For now you can get someone to move the lower boom from the ground?

Yeah Vet, the pistol grip. There are a couple rods that run vertically up to it that supposedly need replacing, I don't quite understand what is wrong with the ones it has, but I have just glanced at it so far. Seems more like a bleeding issue.

Yes, you can run the lower boom from the ground. I'll get it to the shop this week and get the alternator and lights fixed, have a look at the boom situation too. Open to any advice.

Yeah Vet, the pistol grip. There are a couple rods that run vertically up to it that supposedly need replacing, I don't quite understand what is wrong with the ones it has, but I have just glanced at it so far. Seems more like a bleeding issue.

Yes, you can run the lower boom from the ground. I'll get it to the shop this week and get the alternator and lights fixed, have a look at the boom situation too. Open to any advice.

Bleed it unless the control levers are missing or pistons seized my bet is air in the line. I have that same boom 5pbi!
They are pretty trustworthy and capable just remember to check the rotation gear box for bolts loosening up. The hex heads should be drilled and Tye wire run through all four! Also the holdback cable needs a tye wire near the cable clamp to prevent it from jumping sheave it probably is there but jfyi. Also if it has a switch on dash that has to be flipped for the boom to work make certain you shut it off before roading. These booms can climb out of the rest with pto disengaged we put switches on all of ours after one foreman took out an overpass!

Last edited:
Bleed it unless the control levers are missing or pistons seized my bet is air in the line. I have that same boom 5pbi!
They are pretty trustworthy and capable just remember to check the rotation gear box for bolts loosening up. They should be drilled and Tye wire run through all four! Also the holdback cable needs a tye wire near the cable clamp to prevent it from jumping sheave it probably is there but jfyi. Also if it has a switch on dash that has to be flipped for the boom to work make certain you shut it off before roading. These booms can climb out of the rest with pto disengaged we put switches on all of ours after one foreman took out an overpass!

I may have the rods in a spare control I have!

Here's the bucket truck. 53' WH High Ranger with 2 man bucket. 69,000 miles and a meter that says 4,000 hours. The thing doesn't make a creak, runs great (370 Lima Engine, 4 speed with working split rearend) and the boom is perfectly tight. Frame is straight, drives perfect. The fiberglass boxes are in good condition too, with no dents, holes and all latches working.

Only thing is I can't get the lower boom to raise from the upper controls, all other controls work, upper and lower. The guy I bought it from had 3 rods that go under the bucket control lever that he said will fix the problem, we'll see.

Needs a landing carriage for the bucket, some lights fixed, alternator fixed and she's golden far as I can tell. $2,250, for that price I can put the boom up in my yard and hang a flag on it and keep climbing.

I call it the Hornet because the front end (not shown) is nicely painted black and just has a tough stance on it.

DSCN3451.jpg

DSCN3453.jpg

DSCN3452.jpg

DSCN3454.jpg

I dont care what anyone says, for that price that thing is gonna make you rich fort what you paid. I hate those units cuz they dont go over center but you robbed that guy. There is some sort of spring that makes contact for the negative grond to work for the controls, pm me if you got ?'s. I know people make that thing spin like a top/ you stole it!

I dont care what anyone says, for that price that thing is gonna make you rich fort what you paid. I hate those units cuz they dont go over center but you robbed that guy. There is some sort of spring that makes contact for the negative grond to work for the controls, pm me if you got ?'s. I know people make that thing spin like a top/ you stole it!

Yes its an air controlled mico switch behind the palm button, known as dead man switch. However no upper controls will work if that was not working and I believe he said lower boom would not raise!

Nails I flown and repaired inspected hot tested everything on that linesman 2 boom for fifteen years and I have the maintenance manual if you need anything holler!

Yes its an air controlled mico switch behind the palm button, known as dead man switch. However no upper controls will work if that was not working and I believe he said lower boom would not raise!

yeah rope, most everyone I seen is forced in with a bungy full time

check the righting cable, if it goes you get tipped out like a cuppa tea.

There is an electic connection in the large rear access cover that gets oily and comes apart and no controls will work.

It is a great truck, way lighter than any over center unit. great lawn rider in semi dry weather. For more sideways reach, I just bought a bigger bucket to go with it. Maybe you can find a big one for $2k :msp_smile:

I would cut off those boxes and make a flat bed out of it. Takes weight off and if you got theives in your area, and who don't, you gonna find those boxes pried open all the time.

yeah rope, most everyone I seen is forced in with a bungy full time

check the righting cable, if it goes you get tipped out like a cuppa tea.

There is an electic connection in the large rear access cover that gets oily and comes apart and no controls will work.

It is a great truck, way lighter than any over center unit. great lawn rider in semi dry weather. For more sideways reach, I just bought a bigger bucket to go with it. Maybe you can find a big one for $2k :msp_smile:

I would cut off those boxes and make a flat bed out of it. Takes weight off and if you got theives in your area, and who don't, you gonna find those boxes pried open all the time.

you really don't want it full time if a twig gets lodged in the lower controls your going for a ride lol. Mine was full time when I bought it, the micro switch was out of adjustment on purpose! I fine tuned it to work only when trigger was squeezed and took off air line at control the diaphragm needed oiled so a cap of oil and a little in out on the trigger and all is right as rain:)

you really don't want it full time if a twig gets lodged in the lower controls your going for a ride lol. Mine was full time when I bought it, the micro switch was out of adjustment on purpose! I fine tuned it to work only when trigger was squeezed and took off air line at control the diaphragm needed oiled so a cap of oil and a little in out on the trigger and all is right as rain:)

not sayin it's right just sayin like it is :)

here's my 92 gmc bought in 94 with a 73 remount that had 2k hours on it and it currently has 36k miles on it. Owned by a village that hardly used it so they remounted it. I paid $23k for this truck

I had a 69 exact same unit before this only a front mount I paid 6k for but it was beat up

not sayin it's right just sayin like it is :)

here's my 92 gmc bought in 94 with a 73 remount that had 2k hours on it and it currently has 36k miles on it. Owned by a village that hardly used it so they remounted it. I paid $23k for this truck

I had a 69 exact same unit before this only a front mount I paid 6k for but it was beat up

Nice lil flat bed mine is 89 ford diesel :cheers:

Latest posts

Back