whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine's a Det. diesel.

I chopped the boxes of my big Teco too. They were prying into them every week. Even now once every week or so they look under the bucket covers to see if I forgot an ms200 in there.

One of these days the baseball bat behind my seat is gonna hit a homer.

mine's a Det. diesel.

I chopped the boxes of my big Teco too. They were prying into them every week. Even now once every week or so they look under the bucket covers to see if I forgot an ms200 in there.

One of these days the baseball bat behind my seat is gonna hit a homer.

Damn I believe I would stake it out and beat the hell outta the stealing thugs:)

I caught a gas thief and he just finished a 2 year stretch. he did damage or he woulda walked. took me 2 days in front of a grand jury. they are unpredictable on time and hard to catch and all over the place. right now it is metal theives like cockroaches all over. my neighbor a welder just got broke into last week and they stole all his welding cable and mass other stuff and destroyed his door.

you can't stay up all night every night. off to the grind....later. have a good one.:msp_thumbup:

I caught a gas thief and he just finished a 2 year stretch. he did damage or he woulda walked. took me 2 days in front of a grand jury. they are unpredictable on time and hard to catch and all over the place. right now it is metal theives like cockroaches all over. my neighbor a welder just got broke into last week and they stole all his welding cable and mass other stuff and destroyed his door.

you can't stay up all night every night. off to the grind....later. have a good one.:msp_thumbup:

that sux, I hate thieves more than anything else on this forsaken rock. My friend who passed away had a welding fab shop and he caught a scapper dumb enough to help himself while he was there. He beat the holy hell outta the guy. This economy has all sorts desprate to feed the kids. Its scary. I see mom and pops with newer nice rides pullin trailers scrappin. 2012 baby we all out!

@ Nails

you got the 370, thank god. worked for a guy with one and it would run 5 quarts low (cuz boss was an idiot) on the hottest day of the year and not die. That motor shouldve blown up years ago but its still limping down the road. Has 130k on the od, and prolly 11k hrs running the booms- that have been on it. its the truck that killed Bob, but with a newer XT-55 on it. You got the older boom with the hoses still on the outside on the elbow so be mindfull of where your sticking that thing. There a tough unit and Ive never heard of one failing.

besides all that, I woke up this afternoon to see 2 inches of snow on the ground. Can you effin believe it? Im gonna go hang with Slayer now. you guys have fun and be safe. Id miss you if something happened, even if yous a dweeb

besides all that, I woke up this afternoon to see 2 inches of snow on the ground. Can you effin believe it? Im gonna go hang with Slayer now. you guys have fun and be safe. Id miss you if something happened, even if yous a dweeb

he woke up this afternoon..... :msp_sleep:
Love that guy.
And welcome to chicago..,.,.nothing else to ####ing do. we're gonna get our drinky drink on...:cheers:

and smoke GOOD cigars. :D not that weed filled ####....ACID purples, handrolled.

Last edited:
Got a chance to finally do some more cutting the past two weekends. A couple birch, some alder and a 40' tall oak. The 330 handle anything over 12" but most of the time was spent with my lil 339xp. What a dream, I love that saw! When I get some money I'll be replacing that 330 with either 346xp or 261. Maybe a 362.

he woke up this afternoon..... :msp_sleep:
Love that guy.
And welcome to chicago..,.,.nothing else to ####ing do. we're gonna get our drinky drink on...:cheers:

and smoke GOOD cigars. :D not that weed filled ####....ACID purples, handrolled.

aint I a dork? Ill see u in a min, gotta shower still. bringin the purple. mighty tastey!!! I gotta get off this web (site) b4 I eat a bullet. later folks

Terrible what is going on around country. I have two dogs in shop each night, and one in house. The barking of a big dog will deter many folks..

Good day with the crane. We were subbing for my PA op on a job he had when the neighbor walked over and I sold a nice sugar maple removal while we were there. Set right up and tore it apart too. Love it when that happens and all the equipment is right there.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Nails I flown and repaired inspected hot tested everything on that linesman 2 boom for fifteen years and I have the maintenance manual if you need anything holler!

Thanks Rope, Vet and Prentice. I worked on it a little today and got the oil changed and all the lights fixed. Alternator should be back tommorow, along with new air and fuel filters. Then it's on to fabbing the bucket carriage and fixing the upper control raise lower boom function.

I definitely appreciate having your guy's knowledge base on an old school horse like this.

Thanks Rope, Vet and Prentice. I worked on it a little today and got the oil changed and all the lights fixed. Alternator should be back tommorow, along with new air and fuel filters. Then it's on to fabbing the bucket carriage and fixing the upper control raise lower boom function.

I definitely appreciate having your guy's knowledge base on an old school horse like this.

Get a stiff nylon brush and clean drive cables and leveling cables at outter pivot and inspect them good. Look for wear broken strands especially if they appear in the valley between the outter layers of wire rope. That signifies a weakened core and would be dangerous to use. check your pins and snap rings to be sure there is one on each side of pins. There is grease serts outter pivot and near basket there is a hole with serts ,pins, turret grease it regular you will want to go slow looking for possible serts. Spray the big compensating chain with a good lube every now and then too and check the gear lube in your rotation gear box. The leveling sheave near basket will fill up with wood gunk don't let it build up for months clean it out periodically. Tighten the big allen bolts that secure turret to pedestal periodically or at first sign of movement. These things don't need attention all the time but need to be checked. Also if the rest for upper and lower boom does not have a rubber cushion it needs it immediately and always fasten boom when roading if you don't it will bounce and wear into the fiber glass. I know most of this is elementary with your fabbing skills but my experience has shown me the critical points of these great booms! You will soon love that truck after you start using it!

Last edited:

No your right but I sleep with my lazy eye open and my trucks are outside my window! I would park em in the house if I could lmfao:cheers: I have had a saw stolen but they better not let me catch em:)

Terrible what is going on around country. I have two dogs in shop each night, and one in house. The barking of a big dog will deter many folks..

No , it wont, these guys are out for blood, dont count on dawgs, throw em a beef pattie' they shut up quik. trust no one now! watch out. all you can do. had a junkie go threw here not to long ago, took everyone for a deal on his way out. county slapped the douche on the wrist. these cocksores get away with murder

Thats a 55 or 60 looks like 60 ft to me in the second pic , climbing out of the bucket on all the tall one always puckers my ### I don't know why it just does I can climb from the ground and not give a second thought but climbing out of the bucket scares me .... That truck is nice take care of it , It will make you so much money the "easy way" your gonna be shocked how much better you feel after a week of just pullings levers compared to swinging around on a rope and pruning work on more than one tree is nice too ...

I'll give you a free day if you buy my beer. hope your reaady. Im bored

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back