whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know I'm singing the blues, the only good thing going for me, thanks to this weather, is a buddy dropped in with his mobile welding service to weld up a hitch on my super duty the other evening and let me burn some of it in with his mig. Now he wants me to help him on the side. We went out on a job a couple days ago and did some work for a farmer. $30/ hr cash for some fabrication and welding is not a waste of my time during the slow days. It's a second love anyways.

The only trouble now is that I want a nice mig in my shop. I've been getting by just fine with an old buzz box, but now I'm spoiled.

It also looks like I'll be working for his employer come next winter at the main shop, so I'm looking forward to that.

Oh well, anyway, it gives me something else to do, and the privilege of keeping my prices where they really need to be. Folks can go with the ding dong lowballers, while they are running themselves and their equipment into the ground for peanuts, I'll be busy building mine.

The wife is busy working a couple of jobs too, and building up her own business, so it's not so bad. A year ago, this weather would have been devastating as it was a couple of years ago.

The only real drawback, unless we get some eye opening damage, is the rush that will hit when it finally gets nice out. I'm afraid everyone will want everything at once.

Its one thing to get rained on like this, but sux when your stuck in under 50 degree weather with no sun. Need a little more heat and light to dry it up or it stays way too long. I'll bring an extra sheet of ply wood, or an alturnamat to skid on, but people dont wana pay for a mini road, and you know its soaked when a mini is leaven trax b4 you pick any thing up. Gotta nice full yard trim to do. Too bad all the front yard trees are in a lake rite now. 6 inches standing. Wont be doin that one for a while.:hmm3grin2orange:
You, pruning? :D
Cartman said it best....screw you guys, I'm going home.........

nice here. dry ground, sunshine, green trees, and pretty girls in summer clothes......:msp_wink:

You, pruning? :D
Cartman said it best....screw you guys, I'm going home.........

nice here. dry ground, sunshine, green trees, and pretty girls in summer clothes......:msp_wink:

Yeah, for Johnnys AFFORDABLE, (not that Chris douche) in Sleepy Hollow. You know what kinda swamp that place is. HEY!!! Get back up here! I just booked a $14000.00 crane day, and I need a real climber while I nap in the truck. LOL

This job cleaning up ice damage in these hedgerows (by the day) would be paradise... if the weather and equipment would just cooperate. 1 1/4" suction line went on the chipper yesterday. Should have never happened, as there's no real pressure. Only thing I can think of is it got mashed when we did the clutch last.

Now it's rain, rain, rain. Grrr...

newreply.php

Took down a Couple big pines from a tight spot on a busy street in Lexington yesterday morning

(the pic of the pine going into the chipper was from the 5th job that day, just treetarded watching a 23"x36" log easily walking thru a chipper that compact. it was an oval shaped log)

Last edited:
Slammed a red oak, white oak, and sugar maple by 2:00 all cleaned up, all 2' diameter. Then went nextdoor and took out 3 BS little trees in the back, and got a red oak next to the house down and chipped. Going back once the rain stops for a day to prune a beech tree and 1 red oak, plus clean up the wood.

We got in a whole day yesterday when I bet a lotta guys gave up for a little rain. Made a great day by finishing pumping bug juice with the sprayer.

Today with another rain day predicted and not a drop of rain since daylight we are starting an 18k clearing and screen planting job that will last all next week on and off with other tree work.

Anybody know if marquistree is Justin in the "likes" on previous post lol.:laugh:

Took down a Couple big pines from a tight spot on a busy street in Lexington yesterday morning

(the pic of the pine going into the chipper was from the 5th job that day, just treetarded watching a 23"x36" log easily walking thru a chipper that compact. it was an oval shaped log)

Nice pics.. you just gotta figure out how to get them bigger is all.

I like how you got the second chip truck all staged, so you can just spin the chute right into it. Good use of a tight spot with all that big stuff..

Hey OD, you guys do mostly pines huh?

Pics or it didn't happen.

You guys need to learn how to read sarcasm. Aint crap goin on here. Since the gas prices went up, and the rain, NO ONES MOVIN!!! Theres a reason Slayer left. Im gettin sick of chewin finger nails. Anybody need a extra hand for a few weeks? BORED!!!.

We got in a whole day yesterday when I bet a lotta guys gave up for a little rain. Made a great day by finishing pumping bug juice with the sprayer.

Today with another rain day predicted and not a drop of rain since daylight we are starting an 18k clearing and screen planting job that will last all next week on and off with other tree work.

Anybody know if marquistree is Justin in the "likes" on previous post lol.:laugh:
I think its his boss.

Im jelous. I hate the midwest. I hate being born 40 years to late. I hate pickup truck hacks, I hate rain. I hate not being able to kill every tree in sight. Im screwed. P.S. @Marquis, what chipper you runnin' in that pic? Conehead or , cant think of the other goofball off name one... Not like the other yellow ones every retards got around here. You guys ever run a mini with a grapple on jobs like that to get the stuff the little boom wont reach, or will that chipper eat so big that it doesnt matter?

Latest posts

Back