whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Whad' I do today? Balsams. Lots of balsams. A few were medium-big, most were medium, a few small ones. Down, chip, leave the logs for our guy with the clam to come get. Rained all day. Wet, cold, and sticky. Yech. But lunch was good and the coffee was great.

And my double Black Russian tastes mighty good right now. :smile2:

attachment.php

Love those kind of jobs... did another cottonwood stump there too.

You do have a good strategey with the way your bucket truck is set up and the seperate chip truck. I never thought about it before but the ride height of your bucket is quite a bit lower than a truck with a chip box. And it does indeed look like you exacted the Tree - B - Gone treatment. You did such a lovely job spreading that straw, I'm about to cry. Seed too? Oh this is better than the royal wedding. Where are my tissues?

Last edited:
Its 9pm my time. I really need advice as to what to do about what happended tonite with the HO. I just stopped home to dump the saws and rope stuff, gotta go get rid of the chip truck still. Dont really wanna start a thread over this just wondering if anyone is even willing to give this dufiss advice. be back in an hour looking for responses.

Its 9pm my time. I really need advice as to what to do about what happended tonite with the HO. I just stopped home to dump the saws and rope stuff, gotta go get rid of the chip truck still. Dont really wanna start a thread over this just wondering if anyone is even willing to give this dufiss advice. be back in an hour looking for responses.

Well dufus you gotta say what happened :)

Well dufus you gotta say what happened :)

2 year old estimate , some people I met in a bar, (I know go figure). Cash job easy cake walk. They kept effin up, told em do it in the winter they didnt get it cuz they HO's. Wouldnt let me do it last spring cuz they didnt want the flowers gettin hurt. Told em, thats why you do it in the winter. Finaly the rain lets up enuff to do it. was suposed to be a $600 and some change hour and a half job, 2 guys. Details later if you need em. Guy hands me a roll of 20's I dont look,(never do) for a tip. Hands me a sealed envalope with the cash. To me its rude to open that in front of em, and they have bought me over a hundo in drinks in the last 2 years even after I refuse, Im proud to buy my own, any hoo, price tag was suposed to be 645 envalope had 400 in it. No contract, no signiture, No brain, on my end. What do you do? He asked several times if the price was the same, I said yes. Even with the gas price. Thought I was gonna have the best day in 2 years. Thank God the neighbor Came over, 2 Arbor Vites and stumps, 200 took 10 minutes. I felt like a crook, but those teeth aint free and I hate changing em. Woulda been $400 per hour for 2 hours if I didnt get ####ed. At least the nieghbor didnt blink at the price and half the fricken hood' came out for estimates and cards. Havent had a day like that In a LONG time.

I would take my happy ..... right over there and ask for it, drinks or not, they owe ya.

Cash has it's pro's and con's. I'd at least say something and get the "official" reaction. One way or another that might be worth the difference right there...in the long run anyway. Bummer deal though.

How many grams of CO2 is produced when 123g of acetylene is combusted with an excess of O2?

If temp and pressure are constant, do you need to know the mols of two gasses to predict the theoretical output?

2 year old estimate , some people I met in a bar, (I know go figure). Cash job easy cake walk. They kept effin up, told em do it in the winter they didnt get it cuz they HO's. Wouldnt let me do it last spring cuz they didnt want the flowers gettin hurt. Told em, thats why you do it in the winter. Finaly the rain lets up enuff to do it. was suposed to be a $600 and some change hour and a half job, 2 guys. Details later if you need em. Guy hands me a roll of 20's I dont look,(never do) for a tip. Hands me a sealed envalope with the cash. To me its rude to open that in front of em, and they have bought me over a hundo in drinks in the last 2 years even after I refuse, Im proud to buy my own, any hoo, price tag was suposed to be 645 envalope had 400 in it. No contract, no signiture, No brain, on my end. What do you do? He asked several times if the price was the same, I said yes. Even with the gas price. Thought I was gonna have the best day in 2 years. Thank God the neighbor Came over, 2 Arbor Vites and stumps, 200 took 10 minutes. I felt like a crook, but those teeth aint free and I hate changing em. Woulda been $400 per hour for 2 hours if I didnt get ####ed. At least the nieghbor didnt blink at the price and half the fricken hood' came out for estimates and cards. Havent had a day like that In a LONG time.

You blew that one, matt. leave it alone, and write it off as a learning experience....you didn't clarify the exact price at the beginning of the job did you? "Same price" is not clear enough, a HO might be remembering another bid.
and you didn't count the money at the end????:dizzy: that means you accepted his payment in full.:msp_sad:
you can always milk em dry at the bar, though.....:msp_w00t:

Why you need a good business partner, cause you got NO people skills...:D
you're hell on wheels in a tree, but you're living in the past economically and it takes a lot to sell work these days,
and closing a job at the front door is the hardest part sometimes.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Very unfortunate situation for you. That's the drawback of working for cash. I will not even think about doing a job until I have a signed contract in hand. It keeps everyone on the same page but it also keeps others from coming in behind me and underbidding me after I have the contract in hand.

I agree with Treeslayer.....make it up at the bar.

I would say you should slow your roll there buddy. Ain't to many people gonna be interested in paying you 600 bucks for an hour and half's worth of work. That sounds a little fishy, no wonder you feel bad about it.

Finishing a 2 and a half day screen planting job I spoke of recently. Neighbor offended property owner, treevet gets almost a 20k job.

Dingo auger is the cat's balls

YouTube - 002

YouTube - 004

12 foot Bracken Brown Beauty Mags. Root ball fit perfectly in the whole with just enough room for the displaced soil.

Last edited:
I drove around, did a few estimates, inspected some previous cable jobs ( dated the placards) , then went to my Physical Therapist where I found out they overwatered the bonzai I gave them so I topped the crap outta it then I hooked myself up to the electro- stimulus and put it on stun. I think I went a little to far with that.

Back